Emma - Thebudgetingslimmer

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
2.5lbs? I have to basically starve to lost 2.5lbs in a week. How bad was her diet before.

Reactions: 3
I’ve never been to a SW group but do they talk about nutrition? Like is it made clear to people that they don’t have to use all of their syns and do they educate on what’s empty calories (pink and whites...) and what’s actually useful for your body?

or does SW not really allow for that because what I do know is that you can eat a packet of Malteasers for 5 syns yet an avocado is 9 syns and one is completely nutritious and your body can use that fat and process it well and the other is very high in saturated fats and sugar that your body will do sweet FA with...

I’ve never been to a SW group but do they talk about nutrition? Like is it made clear to people that they don’t have to use all of their syns and do they educate on what’s empty calories (pink and whites...) and what’s actually useful for your body?

or does SW not really allow for that because what I do know is that you can eat a packet of Malteasers for 5 syns yet an avocado is 9 syns and one is completely nutritious and your body can use that fat and process it well and the other is very high in saturated fats and sugar that your body will do sweet FA with...
I can honestly say it depends on what consultant you get. Some try and teach you about portion control and not to be afraid to use your syns for stuff other than crap. Others don’t.

Sadly as well there’s limited resource on what to do when you reach target so even if you do get there, if you haven’t been discussing nutrition or self learning about how to live your life without gaining weight, then it’s going to be difficult for anyone.

Emma needs to address her food issues or SW will never work for her.

Reactions: 1
I can honestly say it depends on what consultant you get. Some try and teach you about portion control and not to be afraid to use your syns for stuff other than crap. Others don’t.

Sadly as well there’s limited resource on what to do when you reach target so even if you do get there, if you haven’t been discussing nutrition or self learning about how to live your life without gaining weight, then it’s going to be difficult for anyone.

Emma needs to address her food issues or SW will never work for her.
ah I see - it’s a shame there’s no standard that must be upheld across the board although saying that I followed Bekki Kong on IG until recently and I couldn’t believe she was a consultant when I saw some of the meals she was eating! It’s a shame qualifications in health and nutrition aren’t required!

thanks for responding though - it’s interesting but really not a ‘one size fits all’ which seems to be a little what SW is like and for some that’s fine but for the likes of Emma she needs much more support!

ah I see - it’s a shame there’s no standard that must be upheld across the board although saying that I followed Bekki Kong on IG until recently and I couldn’t believe she was a consultant when I saw some of the meals she was eating! It’s a shame qualifications in health and nutrition aren’t required!

thanks for responding though - it’s interesting but really not a ‘one size fits all’ which seems to be a little what SW is like and for some that’s fine but for the likes of Emma she needs much more support!
I went to a group once and some women said she snacked on a bowl of potatoes in between every meal with 15 syns worth of mayo and the consultant said ‘well it’s syn free and within your syns’ I. Kid. You. Not. 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
Apologies for offending... gong is used as a general insult from around where I’m from, yes I do know what it means... obviously did not mean to offend anybody nor assume she has a disability I think she’s just a little bit dim and child like for her age 🤷🏽‍♀️

Around where I’m from it’s used as someone who lacks just basic common sense...
What a fuckin tit excuse/ "apology"

It's 2020 cop the duck on

Reactions: 7

That’s the problem! You don’t need a qualification and, in the nicest way possible, you don’t need to be a target member. Ive had my fair share of consultants over the years when I used to attend and half of those had either reached target and gained the weight back or had never seen target.

Sadly many are talking to a room where at least half of the people struggle with some form of disordered eating.

I sincerely feel for Emma though, she’s in this vicious cycle and until she tries to address her issues with food we may be observing her on and off diets for a long long time 😩

Reactions: 4
No, it isn’t! It’s a shortened version of the term ‘mongolism’ which was an offensive term used to describe people with Down Syndrome.

Reactions: 5
What a fuckin tit excuse/ "apology"

It's 2020 cop the duck on

Who’s rattled your cage? Cop the duck on?😂😂😂😂😂😂

it’s a well known insult to describe someone who lacks basic common sense not used in an offensive way (implying she was disabled) not meaning I thought she was.... it’s just used regularly around here 🙄

No, it isn’t! It’s a shortened version of the term ‘mongolism’ which was an offensive term used to describe people with Down Syndrome.
well obviously it’ll mean different things depending where you go/who you talk to....

Reactions: 4

it’s a well known insult to describe someone who lacks basic common sense not used in an offensive way (implying she was disabled) not meaning I thought she was.... it’s just used regularly around here 🙄

well obviously it’ll mean different things depending where you go/who you talk to....
I also got what you meant by the word ‘gong’ as it being ‘daft/ stupid’. But I think on a public forum, taking about people who potentially could have something wrong with them, it’s inappropriate. It’s one of those words you say to your mates (if that’s your thing) not about someone you don’t know who could be easily offended due to their disabilities

I also got what you meant by the word ‘gong’ as it being ‘daft/ stupid’. But I think on a public forum, taking about people who potentially could have something wrong with them, it’s inappropriate. It’s one of those words you say to your mates (if that’s your thing) not about someone you don’t know who could be easily offended due to their disabilities
Agree with your comment, obviously didn’t mean to offend anyone but from where I come from it just means dim, childish and lacking basic knowledge and/or common sense.. I wouldn’t have used the word with the intention of calling someone disabled.. words have very different meanings depending where you go.

I’ve had 2 different consultants and neither ever really talked about nutrition or even portion control tbh.

Lots of trying to cheat the calories like having artificial sugars and overly processed yoghurts which were ‘free’ whereas protein natural yoghurts has a syn value and were advised against 🤦🏻‍♀️

Also discovered a lot of it is based on who is paying SW to peddle their products...mullerlights were syn free for years then once they stopped sponsoring SW they magically gained a syn value 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 5
I’ve had 2 different consultants and neither ever really talked about nutrition or even portion control tbh.

Lots of trying to cheat the calories like having artificial sugars and overly processed yoghurts which were ‘free’ whereas protein natural yoghurts has a syn value and were advised against 🤦🏻‍♀️

Also discovered a lot of it is based on who is paying SW to peddle their products...mullerlights were syn free for years then once they stopped sponsoring SW they magically gained a syn value 🤷🏻‍♀️
Still don’t get that?!? Practically 100 calories for a yogurt and only 1 syn after being free for years! I went to group with women who had about a pack of 6 a day because it’s free 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 2

I would absolutely hate to see what cesspool you come from if that's still an acceptable thing to say but ok go off I guess 🤯

Back to Emma- I agree with what someone said earlier in that I used to find the whole back and forth slightly amusing but I feel really guilty for that now ! I feel really sorry for her and wish her dad or someone else in her life would step in and give her a bit of a shake !