Emma Johnson (Emma's Rectangle)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Check every evening. Pre-covid I always got deliveries because honestly, the supermarket gave me anxiety even then, now it's just terrible! all of them are blocked out for weeks but I'm still able to get a delivery every fortnight or so by waiting for a slot to open up when someone else cancels. I've found Sainsbury's collection is always available, Asda collection is usually alright (but terrible service!) and I can get a delivery from Tesco one every 2-3 weeks.
Sadly if you’re isolating you’re not allowed to leave the house at all for 10 days in England, so it’s quite hard as you can’t even get a click+collect 😫

edit: to be fair, even her personality in videos a few months ago was different to what it is now. I was scrolling back and she looks so much better with her brunette hair 😭

Reactions: 1
I'm 5'2 and often can fit into smaller sizes than I really am because I'm short and things fall differently on me. Petite sizing tells me my true size....perhaps Emma is similar

Reactions: 2
I’m around the same height as Emma and I’m a size 8 in dresses/skirts but for jeans and stuff I’m a 10/12, she’s a lot bigger chested than me though but are probably similar with hips/thighs/bum shape in the sense she’s a bit curvier but I still don’t think she’d be a size 8 as she still looks bigger than me (not a bad thing at all sorry if it comes across like that and I’m not really that slim) but considering she used to be someone who didn’t care about clothes sizes it’s quite sad to see she’s trying to be a size 8 when she probably isn’t across the board

Reactions: 3
Sadly if you’re isolating you’re not allowed to leave the house at all for 10 days in England, so it’s quite hard as you can’t even get a click+collect 😫

edit: to be fair, even her personality in videos a few months ago was different to what it is now. I was scrolling back and she looks so much better with her brunette hair 😭

Oh man, everyone I know has been doing click and collect while isolating and I never thought to check if that was like a loophole or something :S

Oh man, everyone I know has been doing click and collect while isolating and I never thought to check if that was like a loophole or something :S
Noooo, you’re not even allowed out for a walk! 😭

I'm 5'4. Noone's called me short unless they want to be deliberately condescending.
I've also put on a fair bit of weight in lockdown. I'm about 9 1/2 stone, solidly a size 10, probably a 12 in the smaller stores like H&M.
5'5 is the national average height for a woman.
I live in the Netherlands and am considered short at 5’7. Love coming back to the UK because I feel so tall / normal height 😅

Amd people wonder why we’ve been in lockdown for so long 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I’m around the same height as Emma and I’m a size 8 in dresses/skirts but for jeans and stuff I’m a 10/12, she’s a lot bigger chested than me though but are probably similar with hips/thighs/bum shape in the sense she’s a bit curvier but I still don’t think she’d be a size 8 as she still looks bigger than me (not a bad thing at all sorry if it comes across like that and I’m not really that slim) but considering she used to be someone who didn’t care about clothes sizes it’s quite sad to see she’s trying to be a size 8 when she probably isn’t across the board
The thing is though she’s working to build muscle right? A muscular frame and a slender frame are very different - I’m very muscular and I 100% will never fit my legs into a size 8. I don’t think it’s healthy to rely on fitting into “one size”, because nobody is just “one size”

Just wanting to weigh in here. I’m about 5 foot 5, always been slightly curvy and athletically built, got my dads rugby player frame unfortunately 😂 I’ve pretty much always been a size 10, 10-12 when I put on a bit of weight during a stressful time at uni. I was initially inspired my Emma’s fitness transformation, but a few months ago she posted a haul stating size 8-10. Looking at Emma I would say I’m smaller than her but seeing this made me question my own body, if she was truly a size 8 that is, I just didn’t understand and it sent me into a bit of a downward spiral. I’m getting healthier and fitter now and using Emma as an example of how not to build a relationship with food, but no matter how much weight I lose I don’t think I would get to a size 8 because that’s just how I’m built, with hips and a bum but that’s okay and I’ve accepted it.
I just think that whether she really is a size 8-10 or not (unlikely though) she shouldn’t really be posting that in the title of a haul because everyone is built different no matter if they’re the same size, and she’s clearly got a lot of subscribers there for the fitness and food content if her what I eat videos really are that popular and I don’t think she’s setting a healthy example with her behaviour.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I'm 5ft1.. am I considered short? 🤔 😅

Well, I'm a size 8, sometimes 10 on the bottom because I'm pear shaped and I think I'm a little smaller than Emma, especially in the chest area. I've never thought to squeeze into a size that I'm not because I'm a comfort gal!

The amount of sweetner filled crap she eats is vile, in the latest vlog there's "skinny syrup", a whole haul of low calorie sweets, a "protein cookie" and low calorie ice cream. Genuinely can't imagine out artificial and disgusting they all taste 🤢 How can you call yourself a "foodie" and then eat all these things that take all the good bits out of what you're eating??
exactly ! she is clearly addicted to sugar and sweetness. that popcorn she created... skip the oil or butter and slather on skinny syrup and marshmallows 🤮 continually spiking her blood sugar won't be doing her WL or long term health any good.

honestly I forget she's 24, I do think she is attractive and has a strong look and a great face for make up, the strong brows, big lashes, eyes, lips etc. but she certainly looks older than her years.

I think cos its got such a flimsy reputation no one even thinks of checking 😂 but they do fridge stuff and veg too. Aw don't feel bad, desperate times call for desperate measures!
and I understand they went palm oil free with their own meals, plus they sometimes have Gregg's stuff frozen if you want a treat? if you have deliver
Deliveroo they do small M&S orders.

Last edited:
So what are we gonna call the new thread. “Emma’s Rectangle of peeled apples, laziness, manic exercise and dirty press-ons”? Or is that too mean, lol.

• Haha
Emma’s Rectangle: Sorry no upload tonight, nothings gone wrong, I’ve just been stewing apples all day long.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
Well at least she’s finally started labelling her stories about stereo #ad properly!

Okay her latest video is too much for me. The notification has just popped up and I already know I won’t be watching. How much more will she have to say about it that’s not already been covered 100 times over.

Okay her latest video is too much for me. The notification has just popped up and I already know I won’t be watching. How much more will she have to say about it that’s not already been covered 100 times over.
I’m watching it right now and it’s really boring. I think she looks beautiful though - she suits the pink, fringeless hair.

I wonder if she’ll address her ridiculous NYE resolution to do like 600 workouts. 🙄

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.