Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

bigdog

Missed upload AGAIN because Tim is taking her on a trip this weekend? So what about the 4 days you've already had to edit it this week...

Reactions: 11

DizDog32

Imagine saying to your boss "Sorry I've made the conscious decision to not do any more work today and go and have a bath instead"

😳

• Haha

justbecasual

Not long till we migrate away from Rave About. Once upon a time I liked Emma but oh how things have changed.

dinkybird

She also has massive body dysmorphia issues, I keep getting her loose skin video recommended. Her loose skin isn't bad, it's barely noticeable, she can wear crop tops and it doesn't hang when she bends over. I know someone who has a massive overhang of their stomach, loose arms, loose legs etc from the amount they have lost, and Emma preaching "love yourself, be proud of your loose skin" when she has so little is kind of a kick in the teeth to anyone who has such massive issues because their skin problems are so much worse than hers. She's speaking from a place of privilege and a place of a warped mirror viewpoint. She needs to reassess her mentality and possibly seek therapy, it's not healthy.

Purpleshampoo

Chatty Member
After seeing another moaning post on Emma's Instagram I've officially unfollowed, it really bugs me that in the privilege position shes in litreally all she does is moan and I know people have bad days and stuff but every video every vlog every story on Instagram she moans constantly, she never uploads on schedule her videos are all the same and she litreally moans constantly think it's time for a different job emma clearly this isnt for you

SequinLover

The lack of interaction really grates on me. If it wasn't for those people following her she would be nowhere near where she is now. Even if it was just a click of the like button to acknowledge the comments that would be better than nothing. Other influencers manage it so I don't know why she can't - other than the fact it will interrupt her hectic schedule of stewing apples, excessively working out and talking like a two year old.

justbecasual

I am genuinely intrigued as to how many working hours she does in a week? This shouldn't include exercising and cooking our meals because the rest of us have to work that into our normal working weeks.

bigdog

Really annoying to me that she keeps missing uploads because of things like having to go to spin classes & meeting friends. The rest of us who have to go to work fit our hobbies around our work, not our work around our hobbies 🙄

SequinLover

I've watched Emma's videos for a good few years now and she has definitely started showing signs of becoming obsessed with exercise and working out. Fair play to her for losing all the weight but I feel she is going overboard now and setting a bit of a bad example to her younger followers who may be experiencing self esteem issues over their weight or bodies.

The ad thing is really starting to p*ss me off now. Yesterdays weekly vlog had an ad straight after she'd done the intro! I don't know how many there were in total but it seems to get more and more with every video. I understand that's part of how they raise their revenue but there comes a point where it starts becoming off putting and people will just stop watching, not just the ads but the whole video.

Lola123

VIP Member
She’s getting her shopping delivered too! Two health adults who have no excuse for it either!!!

lastfl0wers

im probably about to overshare but i look a lot more like before emma than after emma, and her behaviour with food and exercise has sparked self doubt and interpreting my habits differently. I have multiple chronic conditions that contribute to my metabolism, post exertional fatigue and chronic pain. I'll be on medication for life that all have side effects of weight gain. I can't just get up and go to the gym or on a 10k walk, a standard flare up for me looks worse than emma's tough leg day, and somehow i still feel a sense of gilt when consuming her content. I only realised this when i saw in a vlog she weighed out three grams of cheese and i pitied her at the same time as feeling judged for not counting cheese on top of pasta as an indulgence? i know relationships with food are subjective based on previous experiences, but please just eat the cheese!
Please eat the cheese indeed!
As much as I know the feeling of that struggle - Emma's behaviour is severely disordered, it's not something that we should be measuring ourselves up against.
(The next bit is not directed at you whatsoever and I hope you're getting though your chronic conditions alright!!)

Interestingly, Emma (and many other content creators) constantly self diagnose with things like depression, chronic fatigue, SAD, often completely taking those serious things out of context and making themselves seem more REAL RAW AND VULNERABLE by claiming that a bad day is just AnXiEtY (I have anxiety so I'm not playing it down, just saying these are real conditions to be treated and taken seriously) but when it comes to their real issues, their eating disorders and restrictiveness, when it comes to the things they're ACTUALLY suffering from, they completely miss/ dismiss them.

Ladya31

When she said in her video that she's struggling with motivation so she won't start posting regularly until next week. Again boo hoo Emma, get with the real world, sometimes you've just got to suck it up no matter how you're feeling. There's days where we'd all love to push things back until we are feeling more motivated but it doesn't work like that. So boring listening to her sob story when she's in a more privileged position than most.

hrh89

VIP Member
she just gets right under my skin and I can’t put my finger on it. Things like putting a haul up and putting in the title ‘SIZE 8-10’ it just puts me off .. she’s done great losing the weight but it makes me feel like she’s just like any other influencer/you tuber now, obsessed with the size on her clothes.
not being funny but she’s not a size 8... I wouldn’t even say a 10 either, more like a healthy 12. She annoys me too I don’t watch her any more.

dinkybird

You’re also not meant to do yoga followed by lifting (it lengthens your muscles and can lead to injury) which she does a LOT... there’s just no need? If you’re going to do that, do it on days you aren’t otherwise exercising... not 600 sessions in 365 days

god I wish I had this much free time around my full time job

Edit: I used to actually really like Emma but this constant talking of working out is making me feel guilty for my own 4x a week lifting, like that isn’t enough? Does she not realise the influence she has on her audience with this mentality?

• Heart

suprnatural

I found her through Soph years ago and I remember she uploaded a video where she was in literal tears about how her channel wasn't growing and how much she "deserved" more subscribers so I've never really liked her since then but sometimes stuck her videos on in the background. I've had to unsub because of all this dieting business. I was in the absolute depths of my ED five years ago and she reminds me of how I was then, I still have the tendancies and I find her sooo triggering.

Girl needs to seek professional help! As someone stated, I can't believe her PT is allowing this? I quit "the gym" (the one she uses, different location) I used to go to when I started remission but still wanted to exercise so joined a smaller independant gym and I felt like my PT there actually cared about my welfare. She's actually still one of my closest friends now.

ejej123

Chatty Member
Yeah she is definitely a promo for diet culture atm. I just don’t believe that her lifestyle is achievable for most people... I certainly don’t have the time to go to the gym 6 days a week and personally I don’t think that’s entirely healthy, especially when she says she’s had issues in the past. It worries me that she has slipped into an unhealthy pattern with things, anyone remember when she took like 3 haribo strawbs to the cinema and and managed to make them last throughout the whole film?!?! That shit ain’t right

Laur91

VIP Member
The lack of nutrition knowledge in her recent "Healthy Habits" video is maddening. She is promo-ing diet culture and giving false truths about the "calorie index" of foods. Dangerous messaging to young girls.
yup as someone studying nutrition right now it’s so irritating to see people use their platforms to spread misinformation like this. I particularly have issues with the amount of influencers trying to convince people that having a glass of water after you wake up ‘kickstarts’ your body/metabolism/digestion etc.

No, a glass of water when you wake up keeps you hydrated and in turn that helps ALL of your bodily functions to work better. Having a glass of water when you wake up isn’t going to give your kidneys, liver or intestines a nudge and say wakey Wakey - they never clock off!