Emma Hill

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The wardrobe switchover video just popped up in my suggestions and I thought it was a vlog... seems like she's just crawled out of bed and turned the camera on! 😲

Reactions: 7
The wardrobe switchover video just popped up in my suggestions and I thought it was a vlog... seems like she's just crawled out of bed and turned the camera on! 😲
Lookin' like she's about to show us how to make our own cashew milk.
Screen Shot 2021-03-09 at 2.37.53 PM.png

Sustainability Update: Buys a bag from Mango to tide her over until she can eventually buy the expensive version. :unsure:

Screen Shot 2021-03-09 at 2.29.24 PM.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
What with the hair dragged through a hedge look, you don’t have curly hair Emma it’s looking very straw like!!!

Cripes. Something about her face there reminds me of Scarlett Moffat.
Had to google that person, found actually one pic that gave me the same impression
1615380493589.png
1615380513774.png

The eyebrows and the eyes, but they have different lid spaces, the nose, but Scarlett's face is more "compressed" if you know what I mean. Or the other way around, Emma's face is more elongated. Like you take the same face and stretch it or press it together.

Reactions: 5
Is it a filter or does she really look that grey and tired? People make more effort into their Zoom meeting than what she does here. She looks really grey and tired, Instagram must be very hard work for her to be looking like this.
To be fair, whenever I upload images to Tattle, the screenshots always take on a gray tint. Dunno why. That said, she looked hella tired and like she DGAF in the video.

Reactions: 5
Oh god, the ‘how I plan my wardrobe’ is up. She really has too much time on her hands, can’t even blame it on lockdown because she’s doing the same videos before Covid was even a thing.

Oh god, the ‘how I plan my wardrobe’ is up. She really has too much time on her hands, can’t even blame it on lockdown because she’s doing the same videos before Covid was even a thing.
I just don't see how any of these videos are relatable to the average woman. The idea of having "multiple wardrobes" that you keep under the bed or in the loft until they are "of the right season", and then spending a day organising it all?! It seems like her life revolves around her "stuff", rather than say an inspiring lookbook video, making certain items of clothing "work" all year round, but even that sounds so patronising.

Reactions: 8
I just don't see how any of these videos are relatable to the average woman. The idea of having "multiple wardrobes" that you keep under the bed or in the loft until they are "of the right season", and then spending a day organising it all?! It seems like her life revolves around her "stuff", rather than say an inspiring lookbook video, making certain items of clothing "work" all year round, but even that sounds so patronising.
Totally - I think at most, people might have a shelf or box/suitcase under the bed where they might store out of season items (swimsuits etc), but most of Emma’s audience would not have the luxury of space or time to do this.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Totally - I think at most, people might have a shelf or box/suitcase under the bed where they might store out of season items (swimsuits etc), but most of Emma’s audience would not have the luxury of space or time to do this.
But guys, it’s her JOB to have an entire season of a fast fashion retailer’s stock in her multiple wardrobes.

I don’t know about you all, but I wear the same stuff in winter as I do in summer, especially when I was working in the office. You throw on some long johns
and a sweater for winter and for skirts it’s tights and a sweater or bare legs and a t-shirt. I have like 4 pairs of shorts for warm days and tend to wear my linen most between spring and fall (for some reason, I don’t love the tousled look of linen in the colder months).

• Heart
Reactions: 10
God, watching the new video now. She looks like she just woke up after a heavy night of partying, rolled out of bed, threw on her boyfriend’s button down he wore the night before, ran through campus and is presenting in a 9AM philosophy course. I’m by no means a bright eyed bushy tailed starlet, but I’m also not putting myself online 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
How f-ing petty is she. She doesn't want to share her wish list because she's worried more people will be looking for similar second hand stuff and will be her competition. 1. She doesn't need more stuff 2. How influential does she think she really is?

Such a boring video. How many people spend time "planning their wardrobe" like most other people my clothing doesn't change season to season except my shorts get put in the back of the closet in fall and I don't wear my sweaters in summer. No one has time to do that, and no one should be unless they are starting over because your weight or body has changed or you are maybe changing careers or moved to a new climate.

• Wow
Reactions: 11
How f-ing petty is she. She doesn't want to share her wish list because she's worried more people will be looking for similar second hand stuff and will be her competition. 1. She doesn't need more stuff 2. How influential does she think she really is?

Such a boring video. How many people spend time "planning their wardrobe" like most other people my clothing doesn't change season to season except my shorts get put in the back of the closet in fall and I don't wear my sweaters in summer. No one has time to do that, and no one should be unless they are starting over because your weight or body has changed or you are maybe changing careers or moved to a new climate.
I have to change my wardrobe because I have not enough space to fit everything in it. We have very distinctive seasons (Central Europe). I usually switch Summer and Winter, during Spring, and respective Autumn/Fall. Ironically I own more Summer clothes than Winter clothes. Because I love to wear different colours and dresses when it's warm.
I own three thicker knit jumpers and each of them has a different colour.
I have no problems when someone wears a more or less mono- or di-chromatic uniform, but then you don't need 20 pieces of each. On the other hand, it's not my wardrobe or life. Her shoe collection shocked me quite. All the same same shoes. Shelves full of them. And as I mentioned before, the trench coats. Can't say anything about the bags, because we didn't get to see them, only the duster bags.
She can't even use the excuse it is for her job, she hardly posts any content.

I really wish her she finds a way to get better soon, she seems extremely miserable and this for over a year now.

Reactions: 9
I'm kinda shocked about her looks in this Wardrobe Planning video. She looks like she can hardly keep her eyes open, is she ok? The Tired Mom look also makes her come across very uninterested and she's explaining things almost in an angry tone. Watching her doesn't put you in a good mood at all, it's like she's talking about a very tiresome divorce and not about inspirational style and feeling good in nice clothes.

And the hair is just a big... yikes. This look is not that cool, nonchalant 'I don't give a f*ck' kinda thing, it's pretty firmly in the 'I've complete lost the plot' territory.

Hon
I'm kinda shocked about her looks in this Wardrobe Planning video. She looks like she can hardly keep her eyes open, is she ok? The Tired Mom look also makes her come across very uninterested and she's explaining things almost in an angry tone. Watching her doesn't put you in a good mood at all, it's like she's talking about a very tiresome divorce and not about inspirational style and feeling good in nice clothes.

And the hair is just a big... yikes. This look is not that cool, nonchalant 'I don't give a f*ck' kinda thing, it's pretty firmly in the 'I've complete lost the plot' territory.
Her hair is crazy and not it a good crazy curly way!! It looks likes she’s tried to scrunch it but it’s just died, the straw look is not a good look for anyone!

I don't really want to speculate but it's almost like she's on medication for anxiety

• Sad
Reactions: 4
Ugh, I'm not even going to watch her latest video, as I'd rather watch paint dry than watch her scroll through a beige Pinterest board. But just for fun, here's a grid of her videos for the last 6 months (excluding 2 or 3 that didn't fit) where you can see just how much she recycles the same subject matter. It's like a memory game. Point out all the duplicates!

Yellow = "Bro, do u even Pinterest? You've probably never even HEARD of the colors black, navy, and camel, you idiots!"
Pink = "The highlight of my year"
Blue = "If you don't use my affiliate link to buy this Arket knit, I will personally come to your house and kill you."

Lather, rinse, repeat.
Screen Shot 2021-03-14 at 12.39.04 PM.png

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.