Emma Drew

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I saw she'd been mentioned a few times on the Vlogmas threads but I think she deserves her own thread. So many things that drive me crazy about this one, it's hard to know where to start!

* Talks about having a six figure income and insinuates her followers can have the same via blogging/surveys etc... yet rarely mentions she has a property that she rents out - this presumably must account for a large chunk of her income.

* Can't handle criticism of any kind. Goes boo-hooing to her followers looking for sympathy over the most minor of things. Apparently she's employed someone to delete negative comments :rolleyes: It's a good thing she's self employed as I genuinely don't think she'd survive a day in the real world.

* Did an article in the Daily Mail about how she gets free products to review on Amazon. What she failed to mention was that she was selling the same free products unopened on eBay. In other words she had written fake reviews of them. As someone who is running a website claiming to be helping others save money (and have a six figure income :rolleyes:) it doesn't sit well with me that she was so happy to mislead consumers in this way. It's just pure greed. I did report her to Amazon at the time, not sure if they did anything :ROFLMAO:.

* She claims to go to Disneyworld frequently, got married there etc.. yet when she booked a surprise trip for her husband he found out because Disney emailed him (I think it was a dining pass or something). Cue her making a video about how Disney had ruined her whole holiday, she was so upset with them etc... Surely if she went that often and knew it as well as she claims, she'd have known he was on the account and would receive the booking info? It really grated on me that she couldn't even seem to acknowledge that it was actually partly her mistake. She should have been annoyed with herself.

Feel better now I've got that out of my system :ROFLMAO:
Oh, also, I'm not sure if Influencers is the right place for this (she's a financial blogger/vlogger) feel free to move or ask me to re-do this if it's in the wrong place

Reactions: 13
Thank you for this thread.

Something has never sat right with me with her from watching her sporadically.

Glad to have some insight because I never really knew how she made any money. Just wasting money in Poundland, sorting the office out, reselling on eBay and subscribing to food sub boxes!

Reactions: 3
I really respect how she has set up such a successful business - she is obviously very dedicated. One thing that I thought was weird is that she did a collab with Lloyds Pharmacy a while back about managing her type 2 diabetes - she seemed to do well and lose weight. But she now on a daily basis posts stories showing the absolute crap she eats - so much high carb food. I'd be pretty annoyed if I was Lloyds, a really terrible ambassador. I actually had to mute her stories because I don't enjoy seeing people I admire destroy themselves.

Reactions: 5
They clearly don't eat healthily at all. The crap food they pick up at Poundland is all sweets, and I am sure they probably pick up more than they show. I always presume most vloggers do but just share new items in these hauls!

She makes money by selling 'courses' which are akin to the 'get rich schemes' from yesteryear.
I’ve always wondered what the course actually involves because as far as I can see a lot of the stuff she talks about like mystery shopping, surveys etc... are things that firstly won’t actually make you much money, and secondly you can find out lots of information on for free anyway ??‍♀

Reactions: 2
I’ve always wondered what the course actually involves because as far as I can see a lot of the stuff she talks about like mystery shopping, surveys etc... are things that firstly won’t actually make you much money, and secondly you can find out lots of information on for free anyway ??‍♀
I have wondered as well but it seems that her courses are blogging based ... as in building your blog and getting sponsored deals. I really don't know how she makes the £££ she claims to (other than by preying on the vulnerable)

She has been on Twitter complaining about some video she's watched advising how to save £1k in a year. Apparently one of the tips was to put £20 in a jar every week, which she referred to as 'privileged advice' because a few years back she was only earning £7 an hour and didn't have that much to put away. Yet this is the same person who is advising people to spend their money on matched betting. I used to be in her matched betting Facebook group as I was interested in learning how it worked and there was at least one person said they'd lost money to it from making a mistake...not to mention, encouraging vulnerable people to put what little they have into gambling doesn't sit well with me.

Reactions: 5
Was this the one that was on that saving program and she took her own towels to a hotel and asked for a discount? The shame.

Phh if she isn't, she looks the sort.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
Was this the one that was on that saving program and she took her own towels to a hotel and asked for a discount? The shame.

Phh if she isn't, she looks the sort.
:eek: I didn't see that, so no idea if it was her, but wow! Who does that?! I can be cheap at times, but I don't think I could do that ...I'd die of the shame, lol

And don't forget those referrals which paid for a hotel stay. She basically funds her lifestyle by being at the top of a pyramid scheme.

Reactions: 8
I have wondered as well but it seems that her courses are blogging based ... as in building your blog and getting sponsored deals. I really don't know how she makes the £££ she claims to (other than by preying on the vulnerable)
I think most of her money comes from affiliate marketing, so I guess links on the blog (as she seems to link as many words as possible) and click-throughs to stuff like Amazon. Even if someone doesn't buy something that day or buy that particular product, the cookies stay in their browser for a while after so if they do, she would get some commission. I remember another youtuber talking about it and was like damn thats kind of dishonest, especially if they get money from you buying ANY product on the site, and not just what you clicked on.

What's her husband going to do? All he seemed to do was take photos for eBay!
I don't get why he's in the business with her to be honest...don't know what he did before, but he seems like the typical blogger/youtuber BF/husband who quits their job and leeches somewhat. I know he tried doing his own blog for a while, but didn't seem to post much - probably as much as Jamie Rees did!

Reactions: 4
I always felt her husband was a bit of a sap to be honest. He seems to do whatever she tells him, I know technically she was the boss, but I always got the feeling his heart wasn't really in any of it and he was just going along with her for a quiet life :unsure:

I always felt her husband was a bit of a sap to be honest. He seems to do whatever she tells him, I know technically she was the boss, but I always got the feeling his heart wasn't really in any of it and he was just going along with her for a quiet life :unsure:
I think that he is very much under the thumb

Oh my god, I thought there was something off about her! Pleased to have found this thread – I had no idea about the rental income! What a charlatan.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.