Emma Drew

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can we just talk about how she's happy spending almost £140 on sunglasses she'll wear occasionally but has a pair of £6 specs (that look like £6 specs) for everyday use?

Don't worry, though. She's going to side hustle that £140 by spending £100,000 via cashback sites.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I’ve been following Emma for a few years but I sign up for all these survey sites and am lucky to make about 30p 🤣

Reactions: 2
It's almost as though she didn't lose her baby teeth and, as her head and jaw grew, gaps developed and widened.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I'm sure she could afford the dental work to improve her smile, but seeing all the ways she can't deal with life as an adult, I bet she has a dentist phobia too.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I think bashing her appearance is a little unfair. Especially the teeth as she can’t help that. Yes she probably can afford to get them fixed but if she’s happy with them then why should she.

I usually agree on the points about her being lazy and constantly moaning about work however.

Reactions: 6
Her chatting about her exoensive sunglasses feels like to me she is gloating about her wealth to hed audience. Bear in mind her audinece are probably not got the funds to splash out on such luxuries

Reactions: 1
Her chatting about her exoensive sunglasses feels like to me she is gloating about her wealth to hed audience. Bear in mind her audinece are probably not got the funds to splash out on such luxuries
This is the problem with social media people who have a lot of money. They can’t really win.

Her whole branding is how she makes 100k a year and that’s why people follow her. You can’t then expect her to still live frugally like she’s on the breadline. She’s not.

Two posts in a row with me sticking up for her. Better go and have a shower ha.
But yeah, I find her work ethic and constant moaning dull. Her constant affiliate deals dull and the pretence you can make a lot of money for surveys etc. But you can’t knock her for the way she looks/ actually spending money she earns.

Maybe she shouldn’t have put the sunglasses on social media, but meh there 130 quid not a Ferrari.

Reactions: 2
Maybe she shouldn’t have put the sunglasses on social media, but meh there 130 quid not a Ferrari.
But she's all about SAVING money, making money and living the life you want. She's supposed to be saving for a house just now. It's a problem with self awareness.

But she's all about SAVING money, making money and living the life you want. She's supposed to be saving for a house just now. It's a problem with self awareness.
Not really. She’ll have that house deposit saved already probably ages ago, the only thing stopping her will be because she runs a business you need a couple of years of accounts to prove your income.

She’s living the life she wants by buying those glasses, after making money and saving for them so it’s not a lack of self awareness.
Like i said, on that front she ( and other influencers) can’t win. Money is a by product of what they do, she may have be skint when she started but she isn’t now, so why can’t she spend it.

I’m by no means her biggest fan but I just think it’s common with influencers for people to expect them to live like they are still skint and relatable.

British people seem to have a problem with seeing people do financially well, whereas Americans seem to celebrate it, it’s odd.

British people seem to have a problem with seeing people do financially well, whereas Americans seem to celebrate it, it’s odd.
I have no problem seeing people succeed but she's not saying "I make good money so I'll treat myself", she's always saying that she needs to side hustle to find the extra cash. She's promoting this to her followers as a way to afford these luxuries instead of just coming clean and saying she makes enough from affiliate links, sponsored posts etc to just buy them.

Reactions: 3
I have no problem seeing people succeed but she's not saying "I make good money so I'll treat myself", she's always saying that she needs to side hustle to find the extra cash. She's promoting this to her followers as a way to afford these luxuries instead of just coming clean and saying she makes enough from affiliate links, sponsored posts etc to just buy them.
She doesn’t need to side hustle though. She’s trying to make herself relatable to her audience and show them what they can do to make money. This is what keeps her blog etc ticking over thus earning her the thousands.

I do see what your saying and not being deliberately obstructive as I cannot stand her either.

She doesn’t need to side hustle though. She’s trying to make herself relatable to her audience and show them what they can do to make money. This is what keeps her blog etc ticking over thus earning her the thousands.
Exactly. It's all part of her brand and that's why I have a problem with it.

Exactly. It's all part of her brand and that's why I have a problem with it.
But her brand is that she makes 100k a year too. Do you seriously expect her not to spend any of it???

We’re going to have to agree to disagree

But her brand is that she makes 100k a year too. Do you seriously expect her not to spend any of it???
Please quote where I've said that?

My original comment was on the fact that she's making a saving on her day to day specs to pay for sunglasses she'll wear only occasionally. I found it strange that she'd splurge on sunglasses when her everyday specs (that she needs to drive, watch TV etc) were the cheapest of the cheap.

I feel she's a really poor role model for money saving. Even though her business turns over £100k, her take home pay is going to be much, much less than that. She rents an office space, employs someone, has bought stock for her FBA and eBay businesses. Then there's tax and NI. Considering that Tony's not working and their joint income is solely from the business, her household income is probably half what mine is and I don't feel the need to splurge constantly on meals out, a brand new BMW, designer bags, expensive candles, sunglasses, notepads, stuff that says "Go Girl"/"Boss witch" and lip balms (I mean, WTAF on that last one :ROFLMAO:).

Reactions: 4
Please quote where I've said that?

My original comment was on the fact that she's making a saving on her day to day specs to pay for sunglasses she'll wear only occasionally. I found it strange that she'd splurge on sunglasses when her everyday specs (that she needs to drive, watch TV etc) were the cheapest of the cheap.

I feel she's a really poor role model for money saving. Even though her business turns over £100k, her take home pay is going to be much, much less than that. She rents an office space, employs someone, has bought stock for her FBA and eBay businesses. Then there's tax and NI. Considering that Tony's not working and their joint income is solely from the business, her household income is probably half what mine is and I don't feel the need to splurge constantly on meals out, a brand new BMW, designer bags, expensive candles, sunglasses, notepads, stuff that says "Go Girl"/"Boss witch" and lip balms (I mean, WTAF on that last one :ROFLMAO:).
My original reply to the ‘sunglasses thing’ was to someone completely different who said it felt like she was gloating, you then replied to me.

I am entitled to my opinion and we don’t have to agree. He blog is about making money and living the life she wants just as much as it is about saving. Almost every article written about her mentions the 100k a year. I’m saying it’s unrealistic to expect someone on 100k a year to live like they are on minimum wage.

I don’t like the girl anyway, I agree with you there, so can we please just end this pointless argument as we clearly aren’t going to agree and that’s fine.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.