Emma Drew #6

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does she not proof read?! Also the level of journalism there is amazing.
I noticed that too. Mrs Pinch just doesn't seem genuine as a blog. It feels like she created it to boost her Emma Drew blog by backlinking and re-sharing the same sales pitch in another format. She clearly isn't proofreading the posts as they feel rushed and just a bit crap

Reactions: 4
This is my favourite part of the Good Friday article. Utterly captivating:

“LONG WEEKEND

One of the massive plus points of Good Friday is that it always leads into a four day weekend. With Easter Monday also a public holiday, a lot of people get a full four days off work. With a four day week leading into the four day weekend and a four day week afterwards, it’s a good fortnight in the working world! Not other public holidays guarantee to give you that amount of time off work. Sometimes if Christmas Day falls on a Thursday, you’d then have Boxing Day off work on the Friday which leads into the weekend. There are other variations too, if Christmas Day fell on a Saturday for instance, you’d get the following Monday and Tuesday off as public holidays because Christmas Day and Boxing Day were on the weekend.

It’s a guaranteed long weekend, with the Easter weekend flanked by Good Friday and Easter Monday. This means that if you get those four days off work, you could actually use a few of your paid holidays from your job, in order to have a couple of weeks off work! By taking eight days off (the Monday to Thursday before Good Friday and the Tuesday to Friday after Easter Monday) you’d actually get 16 days off work. That could be ideal for a fortnight away with the family or even a holiday abroad. Having 16 days off work by only taking eight of your annual leave days, means you have more left over for other occasions throughout the year.”

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 18

“LONG WEEKEND

One of the massive plus points of Good Friday is that it always leads into a four day weekend. With Easter Monday also a public holiday, a lot of people get a full four days off work. With a four day week leading into the four day weekend and a four day week afterwards, it’s a good fortnight in the working world! Not other public holidays guarantee to give you that amount of time off work. Sometimes if Christmas Day falls on a Thursday, you’d then have Boxing Day off work on the Friday which leads into the weekend. There are other variations too, if Christmas Day fell on a Saturday for instance, you’d get the following Monday and Tuesday off as public holidays because Christmas Day and Boxing Day were on the weekend.

It’s a guaranteed long weekend, with the Easter weekend flanked by Good Friday and Easter Monday. This means that if you get those four days off work, you could actually use a few of your paid holidays from your job, in order to have a couple of weeks off work! By taking eight days off (the Monday to Thursday before Good Friday and the Tuesday to Friday after Easter Monday) you’d actually get 16 days off work. That could be ideal for a fortnight away with the family or even a holiday abroad. Having 16 days off work by only taking eight of your annual leave days, means you have more left over for other occasions throughout the year.”
Remember in Primary school English you’d have to write little essays about what you did over the summer holidays or a trip you’d taken and it had to fill two pages of your writing book. That’s basically what this is

• Haha
Reactions: 27

“LONG WEEKEND

just keep typing Easter to get that word count up 😂😂🤦🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 5
Remember in Primary school English you’d have to write little essays about what you did over the summer holidays or a trip you’d taken and it had to fill two pages of your writing book. That’s basically what this is
I’d give her a C- for wittering on about Christmas (irrelevant) and repeating her point (redundant)

Does anyone actually visit her blogs? I mean, regularly. On purpose.

Does she just manipulate Google so her blog appears far enough up on searches that people click? Surely, you'd click, look at the crud content then never click again? Is that what she's aiming for - just random traffic rather than people who will come back time and again?

Reactions: 7
It's like she only has those articles so they will pop up on a google search rather than being useful or interesting content

Reactions: 3
You'd think with two blogs she could fill one with affiliate link/paid collaboration spam and then fill the other with genuinely helpful advice on making and saving a little extra money.

But even EmmaDrew.info is an endless cycle of paid collaborations, affiliate links, 20 Cogs, OhMyDosh, RateSetter, matched betting, cashback sites, items gifted for review etc. Barely a mention of Covid-19, which you'd think would be a really interesting topic for a personal finance blogger. I'd be ashamed to give my name and image to such a crap website.

“LONG WEEKEND

Allegedly she gets paid as a freelancer too writing articles for others, well they obviously can't read then.

Reactions: 2

“LONG WEEKEND

that’s like when the word count is 2000 and you need to bulk it out more!

• Haha
I've not found one good personal finance blogger in the UK. It seems there's a real need for good information, especially now that we're all worried about how COVID will affect our income.

We need a Dave Ramsay (but less republican and Christian)!

Reactions: 5
I've not found one good personal finance blogger in the UK. It seems there's a real need for good information, especially now that we're all worried about how COVID will affect our income.
I agree. I find myself following American bloggers more and more. Not everything applies BUT it is a lot better than most of ours. Shame that Emma Drew is considered most of our popular/larger bloggers too. She is a disgrace to anything related to money.

Reactions: 1
I agree. I find myself following American bloggers more and more. Not everything applies BUT it is a lot better than most of ours. Shame that Emma Drew is considered most of our popular/larger bloggers too. She is a disgrace to anything related to money.
But who considered her to be one of the best? Whoever they are their sense of judgement is diabolical

Reactions: 1

We need a Dave Ramsay (but less republican and Christian)!
Mamafurfur seems to be good

Reactions: 2
The cats must have dozens of cat beds as well as all the spare beds so definitely not essential. Savvy in Somerset is good for recipes with odds and ends.I think she used to be a cook.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.