Emma Drew #3 Hairy bed, frizzy head, todo list? nah, I’ll nap instead.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think they paid six months in advance as they wanted to take the cats and the landlord had said no pets. They also promised to get the place professionally cleaned when they leave. It could be expensive
Really? When we rented with dogs it was just a bigger bond incase of damage. Rent in advance isn’t going to cover pet damage. That’s really strange.

Reactions: 1
Going back to Mr Q gambling site referral thing, looks like things have gone tits up and a lot of people have had their accounts suspended. Hope everyone gets their money back who is owed it. At least it looks like she's trying to sort it out...

• Wow
Reactions: 4
Going back to Mr Q gambling site referral thing, looks like things have gone tits up and a lot of people have had their accounts suspended. Hope everyone gets their money back who is owed it. At least it looks like she's trying to sort it out...
No way why have they done that?

I can't believe she has outed the instagram account that she originally stole the MR Q deal from trying to blame them.
I notice she didn't credit them when she thought it was a great offer.

Also, they are a pair of lazy slobs and of course they are the worst possible tenants.
Their landlord must be sick to the stomach at being scammed by them into allowing cheaper rent by pretending they wanted to buy it.
Filthy pigs.

Reactions: 12
Oh Emma, this is what happens when you get greedy. I don't care that she was going to donate it, after all she was only donating money she got for free of the back of others it wasn't coming out of her own pocket.

She definitely tried to pass the buck and if should have credited the original poster, after all they should have been getting the referral spins not her.
The whole 'I started working on it at 11:17', makes her look rather guilty on all this. Presume she understood the terms of the offer but pass it on regardless.

I really don't know why she is bothering with the hairdressers either, she never makes any effort with it (proof that she couldn't even make one day of her 'I will do my hair every day' goal. She angers me so much at the moment, no care and consideration to her follower or audience. A lot of her target audience are people having money issues, vulnerable and she is just exploiting them for their own gain. She is also flaunting her 'gains', £500 on a fridge when people are struggling to put a dinner on the table.

• Angry
Reactions: 13
Person Tweets about how they used the Black Friday sales to shop for a disadvantaged child, and this is Emma's response 🙈 Read the room...
I say well done Emma. There was a chance for her to drop in a 20 cogs link and she let it pass. I'm so proud!

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I think they paid six months in advance as they wanted to take the cats and the landlord had said no pets. They also promised to get the place professionally cleaned when they leave. It could be expensive
I feel like all she’s doing with those IG stories is lying to herself so she makes herself feel a bit better when they leave and screw the landlord over. She clearly doesn’t want to clean the place up etc so it makes her feel better if she blasts the landlord and then she can say ‘well we didn’t clean it cos he was rude’ blah blah blah. When the reality is she’s lazy and clearly thought paying 6 months rent would excuse their lazy, filthy, rude behaviour.

Reactions: 10
On the plus side she is doing something about it and making the donation but is it because she sure got called out and it is damaging her "brand".

Just for once I would like to say something mildly positive about certain elements of her posting, although I doubt some of what she says are true. Plus up front I know she is very insensitive about what and when she posts. BUT she does have a disposable income of far more than the majority of her target audience and part of the "purpose" of her blog is to show an aspirational lifestyle if you watch your pennies (and do some questionable bits and loads of affiliate links on her case). So yes she is posting about buying things many followers or readers can't afford not just at Xmas and yes in one way this can be seen as deflating to some but others may think well if I follow then next year or soon we may achieve that too. Keeps her followers going.

Emma annoys me to death, she is passive aggressive, she is lazy, wouldn't know what work is if it smacked her round the face and is by no means a girl boss. But she does have money and saying what she spends may make sense in an aspirational way. Myself I know very well that life is unfair and always try to be very sensitive to it but owing to a lot of hard work, study and some good luck I have had a work life that gave me her 6 figure income and likewise my husband, both f us came from good but poor homes. That is said in the interest of being transparent, although I have made no secret of it but I post on here for example always careful of how I phrase things. I am no saint or seeking to tell the world I am a No 1 anything but within those posts I do mention things I have bought and have on occasion called Emma out on what she says she has paid because she won't be getting a good deal. One example of that would be that fridge she posted about as £500. Well she is talking about an American style fridge freezer and that is right down the bargain basement price range. Then she was buying flooring for her new 4/5 bedroom house for £2000. Those figures are rubbish yes you can do it and it will be a stretch for many to even dream of that BUT if you have a 6 figure income why not buy better - hopefully last longer.

Bit of a ramble but just trying to be fair before I resume my usual position of shaking my head and banging my head against a brick wall every time I read her posts.

Reactions: 3
I rent, I have two cats. I simply messaged the landlord ‘can I bring my cats’ and she said yes as long as they don’t rip the carpet, if they do you pay for it. Simple as that. I reckon he made them pay 6 months because they don’t have pay slips to prove salary

Reactions: 8
I totally get what you are saying @MarthaJay but I don't believe she has the disposable income she say she has and from my point of view the way she is obtaining her current income is on the verge of being immoral and underhand. She is exploiting the vulnerable for her own gains in the view that it will make them as rich as her. I earn a good wage and so does my husband, and I have no desire to live her lifestyle.

Hold on so are people losing the “totally safe” bingo site she was sharing? People won’t get the £10 back? 🙈
They've all had their accounts blocked....

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
If she shared that link will she not be the one at fault? Will they not hold her totally responsible? Surely the company should of blocked hers from trying to cash in on others?

Reactions: 2
If she shared that link will she not be the one at fault? Will they not hold her totally responsible? Surely the company should of blocked hers from trying to cash in on others?
They accepted the terms, so its their accounts but her's should also be closed.

She said on her stories that she has deleted the story with the name of the person who originally posted the deal, because people had contacted her saying that she was throwing that lady under the bus. In Emma's words 'there is no bus'. Well if that's so, why mention that persons account in the first place? I didn't see the post before it was deleted but I can't see any reason to do it, other than to try to shift blame 🤷‍♀️

I hope everyone affected gets their money back, £10 is nothing to some people, but it can be a lot to lose for others :(

Reactions: 6
part of the "purpose" of her blog is to show an aspirational lifestyle if you watch your pennies (and do some questionable bits and loads of affiliate links on her case). So yes she is posting about buying things many followers or readers can't afford not just at Xmas and yes in one way this can be seen as deflating to some but others may think well if I follow then next year or soon we may achieve that too. Keeps her followers going.
I don’t see how anyone could describe their lifestyle as aspirational- their appearance and daily lifestyle looks basic and depressing. When and if their house purchase goes through all that will happen is they will move the their current set up, cat hair and all, into a new location and she will be moaning about all the problems in her new house and taking to her bed.

Reactions: 11
I fully understand your views and respect them but she no doubt perceives herself as aspirational. However as you will see from the post below I just wanted to throw in a bit of what she may think and how some others may see her and how her posts may be read. I really do think it is important to state the other view and then knock it down if needed.

Watching her latest posts ...they forgot a piece of equipment and that was what they needed. Not able to consider going home to fetch it????????? WTF it costs a few pounds, for your business you just go and buy it and suck it up. You do this video every month, you obviously didn't have a check list - sloppy but OK - just get on with it. One more point of evidence that demonstrates she could never be called a girl boss.

My nephew has been newly appointed to Sky TV Sports. A few days ago they were on an outside event and were missing a very simple connector. He was all for going to buy one but the on site director rang HQ to say they didn't have it and what should they do. She got told in no uncertain terms that was why she was paid the big bucks and now has been reviewed and is now no longer with them. My nephew who is a cameraman/editor was very unsure what was what as he liked the lady. I have said come see me this weekend and bring your Dad and we will tell you. Its a hard and not very fair world out there in the real world and both his Dad and I are pleased yet worried that he wondered about it. Working for a corporation and trying to get ahead isn't easy.

Emma on the other hand please do not get me started she has no idea. She does not have to negotiate anything it is her company she is the decision maker. So for gawds sake why the worry? Any girl boss would have just bought the fecking lead and stopped with the aren't I a lovely ditsy individual. No Emma you are certainly not, you don't look the part, your posts don't support that persona. Basically you are killing your so called award winning blog in so many ways. Will I celebrate? No I won't. Sadly you will be just another so called female business who set out to prove themselves as something they certainly are not and as a consequence lowered the credibility of all women. It makes me so sad, growing up. living through the sexual equality revolution I totally despair at folks like her and yes many more. But that is another post I am unlikely to bore you with.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.