Emma Drew #18 A hot chocolate a day keeps the weight loss at bay

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was curious about the oft-mentioned dumping syndrome and my googling brought this up:

The following are quotes from that thread (just from the first page)
You can lose up to 30% of your total body weight through the sleeve alone, then afterwards any progress is down to how hard you work with your diet and exercise. But it's an incredible jump start to change your way of life and approach to food.
I'll never be able to get all nutrients my body needs through my diet now so I take vitamins and will for the rest of my life.

My biggest surprise has been that you can still eat slider foods easily after gastric surgery, chocolate, ice cream etc. you still need willpower and a diet mentality, it's a tool not a cure. (This is denied in a later quote. Emma - is this you? ;) )

I eat NO sugar. Had one cup of tea by accident (was for my daughter who takes sugar) ... my bowels nearly exploded 😬... I have never been tempted again.

DO NOT DRINK BUBBLES !! The gas stretches the pouch..

Your calorie intake will be very low, liquid at first and then puree and liquid. It is possible to gain weight by eating slider foods such as chocolate and many do regain it.
The NHS course is 6 months long to prepare for surgery and I worry about people who go privately and don't have the intensive support before and after since it isn't a magic fix.

The only way that 'slider foods' go down and cause calorie increase is if you have a band fitted. The NHS rarely does bands these days for this exact reason. You will be offered a sleeve or a bypass.
If you pour ice cream down your throat with either of those, you will only do it once! (Have a little read of dumping syndrome) and will NEVER do it again. You shake, vomit, and have the most explosive diarrhoea that it will take you hours to clean both yourself and your bathroom (should you be lucky enough to make it there !)

. If you don’t chew enough and it gets stuck at the top of your new stomach, you’ll experience the foamies. This is where your body produces “goo” to move food down the tract but because you now have a tube for a stomach, the goo can’t lubricator around the stuck food so it just piles on too and then you feel the need to burp but really you just need to bring it back up to relieve the sensation. Once you get to goo point you will be sick but it’s not the same sick you’re used to, can only describe it as regurgitation.

I sometimes have hypoglycaemic moments and have learned to avoid things like cake with sugary syrup ie lemon drizzle because it’s like the syrup hits me all at once and then I have a sugar low and pass out at work (happened 2 weeks into a job). I’ve learned my gut is sensitive to sugar and if I take the piss I’ll be very uncomfortable.

Drink water . Lots of it. .. NEVER EVER GO NEAR FIZZY DRINKS . The gas expands your stomach and makes rooom for more food.

I can tell you I don't eat...fatty food such as takeaway curry, food spends less time in my stomach and enters my gut quicker. Highly fatty food results in....fun. Not long after my surgery I was feeling miserable so ate half a tub of ben and jerrys, half an hour later I was literally moaning on the toilet (sorry).

How the hell can she eat like she does and drink the huge sugary costa drinks/hot chocolate and not spend her life in the toilet in great pain?

Surely she's stretched it at least back to half of what it was already if not getting closer to normal at her rate.

I agree with one of the posts from that thread - you can cut away/cover/sleeve whatever you want of the stomach... the mental issues around food are still there and she CLEARLY has had no after care. She should have saved the cash and gone via the NHS if she was definitely going to have it done.

• Wow
Reactions: 25
Agreed. I've always seen him as being a self righteous pillock.
I have always got really bad vibes from him. He's not someone I'd have anything to do with, can't my finger on why, but something gives me the severe ick.

Reactions: 12
I was curious about the oft-mentioned dumping syndrome and my googling brought this up:

How the hell can she eat like she does and drink the huge sugary costa drinks/hot chocolate and not spend her life in the toilet in great pain?

Surely she's stretched it at least back to half of what it was already if not getting closer to normal at her rate.

I agree with one of the posts from that thread - you can cut away/cover/sleeve whatever you want of the stomach... the mental issues around food are still there and she CLEARLY has had no after care. She should have saved the cash and gone via the NHS if she was definitely going to have it done.
OMG! That would put me off having it. It sounds awful, how is she doing this?

Reactions: 9
I’d subscribe to her only fans, £10 a month but all I wanna see is Emma on the scales, Emma with a tape measure around her gunt, Emma wearing a size 20 dress that actually fits her, Emma with a hair cut, Emma with a hair brush, Emma with cleaned nails, Emma applying moisturiser to her face, Emma out of bed. Is it a request type situation?

• Haha
Reactions: 32
I’d subscribe to her only fans, £10 a month but all I wanna see is Emma on the scales, Emma with a tape measure around her gunt, Emma wearing a size 20 dress that actually fits her, Emma with a hair cut, Emma with a hair brush, Emma with cleaned nails, Emma applying moisturiser to her face, Emma out of bed. Is it a request type situation?
YES to the tape measure

Reactions: 10
I have always got really bad vibes from him. He's not someone I'd have anything to do with, can't my finger on why, but something gives me the severe ick.
Same, he only ever seems to be shady towards women bloggers - I know there are statistically way more women bloggers than male ones but I doubt that they are no male bloggers who aren’t pulling some of the same tricks.

Reactions: 9
Are there any money bloggers that are worth a follow these days? - Would like to get tips on saving money rather than pishing 10k on WLS, buying shares in mini marshmallows, toeknee touches & photos of cats that hate me!

(Am less than 2k away from clearing all my debt and would love to turn - into a + this year)
Try jordoncox.com and shoestringcottage.com

Reactions: 3
Please tell me that bedding she’s sold isn’t used 🤢
I’m afraid so... she made a post about how she didn’t know how to photograph the beddings sets well.. I mean it’s not hard, wash, iron, put on the duvet and make the bed... viola!

I can’t believe they sold... Unless Tony’s bought them so she can be a boss babe and make out someone paid £30 for her used bedding... Can you imagine receiving that bedding... 🤢

• Sick
Reactions: 21
I’m afraid so... she made a post about how she didn’t know how to photograph the beddings sets well.. I mean it’s not hard, wash, iron, put on the duvet and make the bed... viola!

I can’t believe they sold... Unless Tony’s bought them so she can be a boss babe and make out someone paid £30 for her used bedding... Can you imagine receiving that bedding... 🤢
Unless they were bought by a certain type of person ... you know the type who purchases heavily worn shoes ... 🤢🤮

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 20

Those IKEA boxes also aren’t Cath Kidston wtf?? Surely that’s false advertising. I have the same boxes and they’re bought from IKEA the same as the other ones.

Reactions: 17
WHY would anyone pay £30 for the bedding in the first place, let alone after its been used by them two😭.

Also what is she on about, 2 spoons of hot chocolate?? No wonder they cover it in marshmallows and sprinkles it probably tastes of nothing!

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 11
WHY would anyone pay £30 for the bedding in the first place, let alone after its been used by them two😭.

Also what is she on about, 2 spoons of hot chocolate?? No wonder they cover it in marshmallows and sprinkles it probably tastes of nothing!
She would have used tablespoons.

• Haha
Reactions: 11

She is doing EVERYTHING that's mentioned you shouldn't do...and bragging about it!! God she's dumb! 🤦🏻‍♀️ IF I had had WLS and wanted to eat bad things that I should NOT be eating then I'd do it in private, why does she see it as a badge of honour? 🤷🏻‍♀️ She's trying to fecking kill herself.

Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.