Emma Chamberlain

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
has anyone listened to the CHD Podcast ?
No, alexandra coopers a horrid little twit who gives terrible terrible life advice and i’m not sure why she’s not had her platform ripped out from under her yet. from the clips i’ve seen emma’s just regurgitating the same old tit she’s already stated throughout her podcast and youtube. she either does little research on the people she befriends/works with or she just genuinely doesn’t care. I think it’s especially bad taste to go on CHD straight after Jamie lynn Spears.

Emma’s become quite unlikable these past few months and it’s now so obvious how out of touch and generally false she is. On her podcasts she’ll mention how appreciative of her audience she is and blah blah blah but she literally does nothing to show that as she provides no insight into her actual life and disappears off of youtube without acknowledging anything. Obviously people are entitled to personal lives and she doesn’t owe anyone anything but for someone who constantly preaches about how much she adores her watchers, i find it quite odd. Also, quite contradictory and hypocritical when she was talking on AG about how being self employed makes it difficult to take breaks and go on holiday but now she’s literally taking a break after taking a break if that makes sense. this podcast kind of solidified just how out of touch she is. I’ve noticed her advice is just not that great? she was talking about how people should just let themselves be depressed a while ago and just wait it out, and whilst that may work for her it doesn’t work for most people. People love to act as though she’s wise beyond her years but she has pretty much 0 life experience and is incredibly toxic with her ‘advice’.

I’ve seen so many people called out for working with better help due to the numerous complaints about them and their non existent morals, yet Emma receives no backlash. It’s gross that she promotes this whilst admitting she doesn’t go to therapy (when she obviously needs it). She has mentioned on AG that she’s very selective about the sponsorships she does (which one should be if their in her position), but then better help is who she chooses lol? She puts very little effort into her sponsorships and she actually sounded like she’d rather do anything else during the sponsorship segment in her last podcast. Remember that podcast where she spoke about how toxic instagram was? then went on to do an instagram sponsorship lol?

This is really long winded and I probably should have put it as it’s own comment instead of a response but I just realised how much I don’t really like her anymore and she gets away with so much tit lol

• Heart
Reactions: 15
On her podcasts she’ll mention how appreciative of her audience she is and blah blah blah but she literally does nothing to show that as she provides no insight into her actual life and disappears off of youtube without acknowledging anything. Obviously people are entitled to personal lives and she doesn’t owe anyone anything but for someone who constantly preaches about how much she adores her watchers, i find it quite odd. Also, quite contradictory and hypocritical when she was talking on AG about how being self employed makes it difficult to take breaks and go on holiday but now she’s literally taking a break after taking a break if that makes sense.
Influencers that get that much money as Emma has got, loved their audience cause thanks to them are rich. But as then don't need their money anymore, the 'love' is over. They get too busy spending their money. Emma reminds me to Zoella. She was so engaged with her audience until got super rich then ditched anything related to connect to her audience.

Remember that podcast where she spoke about how toxic instagram was? then went on to do an instagram sponsorship lol?
Yes. Agree. And I really think social media is as toxic as you make it. You basically build your own algorithm based on what you looked for, what you liked and what you saw. My Instagram for example is full of kitties, puppies, beautiful places I want to visit, quotes, interesting facts, books recommendations. I can easily spend just 15 minutes on Instagram and that doesn't affect my life in a bad way.

If you follow nothing but influencers showing their latest Chanel, Dior and Hermes hauls, their vacations on Dubai and Paris, the latest fashion releases, the girls with edited body compiting for who is skinnier... well you chose a toxic algorithm.

Really, is all about being responsible. Is nobody's fault but yours.

This is really long winded and I probably should have put it as it’s own comment instead of a response but I just realised how much I don’t really like her anymore and she gets away with so much tit lol
Yes, I really don't like how she dissconnected of her audience just because she got a boyfriend. She must be a really difficult person to deal with. She seems the kind of person that gets so much dependence of the other person to be ok. I feel sorry for her bf. Is a big responsability when someone's happiness depends so much on you.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
No, alexandra coopers a horrid little twit who gives terrible terrible life advice and i’m not sure why she’s not had her platform ripped out from under her yet. from the clips i’ve seen emma’s just regurgitating the same old tit she’s already stated throughout her podcast and youtube. she either does little research on the people she befriends/works with or she just genuinely doesn’t care. I think it’s especially bad taste to go on CHD straight after Jamie lynn Spears.
Totally agree its disgusting!!!! Hate when people like this try to set themselves up as a legitimate 'journalist' or interviewer and not just comeone capitalising on trends
Just another #girlboss i guess 🤪 trying to build their empire made of shite.

I cant imagine her quitting YT fully because she still needs to promote her coffee company etc but 'best dressed' has been off youtube for a year and seems to be doing fine so it could be a possibility.

When you have an insane online following of people that copy your every move it seems you land on your feet 🙄

Reactions: 4
So I've just finished listening to the first part of Emma's interview on CHD (side note - I've never listened to this podcast before so I went in pretty blindly) and I liked it! I am a fan of Emma so I have that obvious bias, but it is clear to me that she is a very intelligent and mature woman, and I think her parents had a big role to play in this; they seem really solid and it must have been good for her to grow up in a household (or 2 households) where she probably did have a bit more freedom of expression than most.

As much as I hate the fact that Emma has taken some sort of silent break from Youtube, I also think that she is in a position where she can do that, and it's probably what she needs for her mental health. She's only 20 and at that time you're still finding your place in the world and that's probably what she's trying to do after 3-4 years of being an Internet personality.

Reactions: 3
Also, quite contradictory and hypocritical when she was talking on AG about how being self employed makes it difficult to take breaks and go on holiday but now she’s literally taking a break after taking a break if that makes sense. this podcast kind of solidified just how out of touch she is.
This really bugged me too. I can barely listen to 5 minutes of AG because she is so clueless about the stuff she talks about. She’s never had a regular job so how would she even know what it’s like?! Most people only get less than 28 days holiday per year and don’t get the freedom to choose when they can take those holidays, you might have to work over christmas for example. Being self employed is much easier in that regard because you have no one to answer to and can choose whenever you want to go on holiday and for how long!

I am a fan of Emma so I have that obvious bias, but it is clear to me that she is a very intelligent and mature woman, and I think her parents had a big role to play in this; they seem really solid and it must have been good for her to grow up in a household (or 2 households) where she probably did have a bit more freedom of expression than most.
Definitely agree she was lucky that her parents were so doting and supportive and that’s played a huge part in her success. The only thing that really irked me was when she said it was “really hard” growing up as a lower middle class family 🙄

Reactions: 4
I lost respect for her when she did an AD for that stock market app and literally said in the advert ‘so I haven’t actually used it yet’.

• Haha
Anyone listen to part 2?

Yea I just finished listening to it, so she has quit YouTube because she’s TWENTY now and she’d like to progress… I stress twenty because she kept saying it. I don’t think anyone would care if she completely changed up her content to “mature” or whatever. I can understand what she said about not being able to figure out what she likes because she thinks about content 24/7… yea a break is probably needed.

I did find them a bit whiny about the whole thing, like eurgh it’s soo hard doing this job even when you feel down. Erm that’s just employment, we all have to put up with this crap.

Anyway I wish Emma the best, sounds like she’ll keep her podcast as it’s low effort.

Any guesses on who she was talking about when she was talking about being forced by established YouTubers to do videos with them, so they could benefit off her?

Reactions: 7
Yea I just finished listening to it, so she has quit YouTube because she’s TWENTY now and she’d like to progress… I stress twenty because she kept saying it. I don’t think anyone would care if she completely changed up her content to “mature” or whatever. I can understand what she said about not being able to figure out what she likes because she thinks about content 24/7… yea a break is probably needed.

I did find them a bit whiny about the whole thing, like eurgh it’s soo hard doing this job even when you feel down. Erm that’s just employment, we all have to put up with this crap.

Anyway I wish Emma the best, sounds like she’ll keep her podcast as it’s low effort.

Any guesses on who she was talking about when she was talking about being forced by established YouTubers to do videos with them, so they could benefit off her?
Fr why do influencers always act like 20 is so old and such a monumental age to be you’re still a kid at 20 (I’m 23 and am mentally still 17)

Reactions: 9
Saw parts of the podcast on tiktok, sorry i felt like shes so immature talking about her relationships and getting so vexed people might not think she's straight like????

Reactions: 3
She got burned out. I think her YouTube dynamic was better when she hired an editor. The uploads were more consistent, and there were new ideas.

Her recent uploads with the channel rebranding are depressing as hell—it shows her mental state. I guess the break is really needed.

Yes! That was exactly my comment listening to her new podcast episode when she mentioned authenticity and having a facade for your audience and Youtube (non verbatim)—that’s basically employment in a nutshell. She needs a traditional job to understand we do have a “work” personality. It needs to be separated from your everyday personality, or else you’ll get burned out—which happened to her. She needs to have a work-life balance. That’s why she was better off having an editor. It somehow balanced her work and life.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
I think if an influencer get tired of YouTube, it should just leave YouTube. Announce it, dedicate to other projects and move on. Emma has the money/time to start other projects.

I don't like when a YouTubber like her just keep the audience as a "backup". Only goes back to her audience when needs to promote something. Basically feels like you are there until she wants to sell you something.

• Heart
so she quits youtube now that shes a real 'celeb'. she cant be interacting with the peasant fans who put her to where she is and made her super rich. but she still stays around to promote her coffee and whatever else. I think its so sad that young girls look up to someone like this. youtube promoted emma in the first place she wouldnt have done it on her own. i dont blame her for wanting out but it just brings to light how people get fooled into thinking that this person cares about them or tht they have any chance of being like her because they dont, youtube picked her out and promoted her so tht people would think they have a chance of being liek her and create videos like her but she basically won the lottery because it doesnt happen for most other people. please people stop following these people. they dont care about you. they want money and thats all.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Does anyone here listen to anything goes? I’m not a regular listener but I was curious about her latest one “body image and self acceptance”. I had to stop listening after half an hour. Her ignorance around the wider issue is quite painful i.e. beauty standards and capitalist patriarchy. No mention of feminism or the historical context, even in basic terms. She just kept saying it was “bleeping stupid” that society values beauty and doesn’t know why that is. Like if you really don’t know, why not do a tiny bit of research on the topic before making a podcast episode about it?! Especially as it’s such a sensitive one. It would only take one google search. Just baffling tbh.
Did anyone listen to the whole thing? Interested to hear your thoughts

Reactions: 10
My question is how did she end up with a coffee company at a young age.
Did someone pitch her the idea? in the same style every YouTuber gets a book publishing deal or merch deal?
She doesn't seem business savvy. Having a company is a lot of work and she's the CEO apparently. She sounds so oblivious when it comes to having a job, makes the most stupid remarks like she never worked a single day in her life.
There's no real info about how this company emerged and what is her role there(besides sampling coffees and approving branding campaigns)...weird.

Reactions: 2
My question is how did she end up with a coffee company at a young age.
Did someone pitch her the idea? in the same style every YouTuber gets a book publishing deal or merch deal?
She doesn't seem business savvy. Having a company is a lot of work and she's the CEO apparently. She sounds so oblivious when it comes to having a job, makes the most stupid remarks like she never worked a single day in her life.
There's no real info about how this company emerged and what is her role there(besides sampling coffees and approving branding campaigns)...weird.
She’s like the d’amelios, I’m sure she has a business manager who presented her with a number of business options and she just selected the one she preferred. Emma has no idea about the inner workings of the business evident by her many days spent in bed and lack of specific knowledge. I understand she has experienced Depression but business owners that are responsible for the day to day running of the business, would really struggle to keep it running if their days were like that. She the face / brand.

Reactions: 5