Emma Chamberlain

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I feel the same but idk how to word it without sounding ridiculous and envious. It's like she's putting on a performance to show how much she eats and loves food because thats 'relatable' but she doesn't seem like a foodie at all so it just seems inauthentic. Like surely if your body is letting you eat almost 4 whole punnets of berries at once, its because you're lacking something??? She has about two meals on rotation too like you're not fooling anyone that you love your food girlie when you're eating the exact same thing everyday. I think this Emily Mariko who's blowing up on tiktok is a much better role model for the rich, skinny, 'I have my life unattainably together' aesthetic.
Yeah, coming from someone who has an ED she gives off Orthorexic vibes. Like you very rarely see her eating "junk" food, it's always vegetables and eggs because "her stomach is sore". I really wish she would either talk about what she's going through or just cut the food out of her videos because something just seems off with it

Reactions: 11
What shes doing is eating massive bulks of food which are low calorie (eggs, fruit, veg) , therefore she stays thin but fills herself up. This works if you're overweight and trying to lose weight but its not sustainable. I hope shes ok.

Reactions: 2
I do think its reckless for someone with so many followers who clearly struggles with eating to be showing food so often on their channel unless it was to document recovery which it isn't. Young people will be fooled into thinking she's the pinnacle of health and I already imagine she gets loads of comments from guilty girls saying 'I eat 5x what Emma does in a day:cry:'. I wonder if she's less restrictive around her friends and boyfriend and only eats the masses of fruit and roasted vegetables on camera because she thinks its her brand but she does look quite gaunt at the best of times.

• Sad
Reactions: 16
I feel the same but idk how to word it without sounding ridiculous and envious. It's like she's putting on a performance to show how much she eats and loves food because thats 'relatable' but she doesn't seem like a foodie at all so it just seems inauthentic. Like surely if your body is letting you eat almost 4 whole punnets of berries at once, its because you're lacking something??? She has about two meals on rotation too like you're not fooling anyone that you love your food girlie when you're eating the exact same thing everyday. I think this Emily Mariko who's blowing up on tiktok is a much better role model for the rich, skinny, 'I have my life unattainably together' aesthetic.
yeah like too much of anything isn't healthy even if its fruit
especially if its basically the only thing 😕

I also would not be able to consume that amount of sugar. My mouth would be over the sweetness afte one pack of blueberries

Reactions: 1
When I first discovered her I remember thinking that she has a very strange relationship with food. It looks like she's been brought up in a home in which her parents tried to eat as healthily as possible and have accidentally implemented wrong information about food to her daughter. Whenever she mentions food she had growing up it's always substitutes, like chickpea pasta instead of regular pasta. If she has something slightly more caloric she calls it unhealthy and I truly believe it might be because of this. If a child is used to her parents avoiding completely certain stuff she will eventually do it too, and as a child she didn't have the capacity to differentiate between something being caloric and something being healthy/unhealthy. So she now has this warped idea of food which combined with being on the public eye and all the pressure that comes with SM has probably developed into an ED. Like honestly, if pasta was unhealthy Italy would not exist.

For example, back at home she buys all this pre cut fruit and veg which I find strange. Like, those precut carrots have to have some sort of preservative which is definitely not great or healthy. If she truly worried about eating healthy she would buy fresh veggies instead of all these precut/prepackaged in plastic tit she always buys.

There's this video of her when she was like... 15/16? in which she makes cookies with uncommon/substitutive ingredients (which she simply had at home) that turns out to be a paleo recipe... Not saying that this is bad at all, it just looks like she's been very conscious about food since a young age and has affected the way she see's it and consumes it, making her obsessed with (sometimes falsely) healthy food.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 15
i think alot of people in LA are concious of food. i knew some people from LA before and they were pretty much obsessed with not eating any sugar and being super healthy which is good most of the time but you are allowed to occasionally eat bad things. in fact its healthier to have some junk food every once in a while.

She has orthorexia - no doubt about it. Seems like she’s always had it, even from a teen like the poster above said. It’s not normal to NEVER eat regular food, and have a healthy substitute for EVERYTHING. All she literally eats is copious amounts of fruit and vegetables. She said earlier this year that she’s developed an interest in cooking to try and distract from/help her issues with food…

Reactions: 9
I like to give Emma the benefit of the doubt because I truly love the girl, but the fact that she ordered a black coffee and an egg white omelette for breakfast in her latest video (while being a young, very slim girl) speaks volumes.

Reactions: 9
I like to give Emma the benefit of the doubt because I truly love the girl, but the fact that she ordered a black coffee and an egg white omelette for breakfast in her latest video (while being a young, very slim girl) speaks volumes.
She puts almond milk in the black coffee though. She just has her own carton of almond milk that she bought. Not saying there aren't things that could be considered concerning with Emma's diet but she barely drinks her coffee black and she very often will order a black coffee then add her own milk.

Egg white omelet though just sounds like the most boring thing on earth to eat haha I apologise if it's anyone's fav snack/food.

is it just me who thinks she’d be more aware of how much plastic she gets through? there’s way more sustainable ways of her getting her fruits and veggies than constantly buying plastic boxes ESEPCIALLY with her income

Reactions: 12
if she put on a little bit more weight shed be stunning. she is very goodlooking as is but just think shed look alot healthier. I think its worrying because the focus of her videos seems to revolve alot around eating really healthy food. shes def orthorexic like someone else mentioned. i see other celebs that are very health concious but every so often have pizza or burritos etc. and they look really healthy, hailey bieber comes to mind. its pretty sad her life seems so perfect but yet she seems unhappy in a way.

is it just me who thinks she’d be more aware of how much plastic she gets through? there’s way more sustainable ways of her getting her fruits and veggies than constantly buying plastic boxes ESEPCIALLY with her income
I bet there are loads of farmers markets in LA that she could get gorgeous fruit and veg from as she's always complaining about the bad quality of the shop bought stuff. She needs an intervention because its so clear just by watching her videos that there are some deep rooted issues that she has with food. She has so much money to experiment with cooking and restaurants but she eats the same thing every day.

Reactions: 7
seeing her constantly shop at whole foods or trader joes, or even getting her stuff off amazon drives me nuts, she has so much time and money to go to more independent shops

Reactions: 8
in her met gala podcast when she told louis vuitton she wanted to look like a woman as she is no longer a girl or teenager now and is a woman at 20
i wanted to say you mean curves?
I reckon Louis vuitton still see her as a girl and attracting a younger audience to her brand which is why they gave her a short ish gown that is pretty easy to move in and not full out womanly aka see Billie Eilish's gown
just what I got from their design choice

in her met gala podcast when she told louis vuitton she wanted to look like a woman as she is no longer a girl or teenager now and is a woman at 20
i wanted to say you mean curves?
I reckon Louis vuitton still see her as a girl and attracting a younger audience to her brand which is why they gave her a short ish gown that is pretty easy to move in and not full out womanly aka see Billie Eilish's gown
just what I got from their design choice
Oh yeah this is spot on.

She puts almond milk in the black coffee though. She just has her own carton of almond milk that she bought. Not saying there aren't things that could be considered concerning with Emma's diet but she barely drinks her coffee black and she very often will order a black coffee then add her own milk.

Egg white omelet though just sounds like the most boring thing on earth to eat haha I apologise if it's anyone's fav snack/food.
I've noticed a trend in which her first coffee of the day is usually with some kind of milk/creamer and the rest are black.