Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

orlyb1310

VIP Member
All she eats is coffee and brussel sprouts and then she wonders why she has stomach ache 24/7 😂

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 9

ghooddayinmymind

Yea I just finished listening to it, so she has quit YouTube because she’s TWENTY now and she’d like to progress… I stress twenty because she kept saying it. I don’t think anyone would care if she completely changed up her content to “mature” or whatever. I can understand what she said about not being able to figure out what she likes because she thinks about content 24/7… yea a break is probably needed.

I did find them a bit whiny about the whole thing, like eurgh it’s soo hard doing this job even when you feel down. Erm that’s just employment, we all have to put up with this crap.

Anyway I wish Emma the best, sounds like she’ll keep her podcast as it’s low effort.

Any guesses on who she was talking about when she was talking about being forced by established YouTubers to do videos with them, so they could benefit off her?
Fr why do influencers always act like 20 is so old and such a monumental age to be you’re still a kid at 20 (I’m 23 and am mentally still 17)

Claud123

Chatty Member
My question is how did she end up with a coffee company at a young age.
Did someone pitch her the idea? in the same style every YouTuber gets a book publishing deal or merch deal?
She doesn't seem business savvy. Having a company is a lot of work and she's the CEO apparently. She sounds so oblivious when it comes to having a job, makes the most stupid remarks like she never worked a single day in her life.
There's no real info about how this company emerged and what is her role there(besides sampling coffees and approving branding campaigns)...weird.
Any influencer with 1M+ followers can launch ANYTHING. They have a management agency behind and get offered deals. I think Emma is signed by United Talent Agency (her podcast is in partnership with this agency) and also Align Public Relations. Management agency's job is advice on choose whatever goes with their image and of course that brings a lot of money for the agency.

The coffee company was founded in 2019 and relaunched in 2020 in collaboration with Blazar Capital, which are now the co-owner (https://blazarcapital.com/companies/)

Just as @LYRA234 said, Emma doesn't make the hard work, she just pose for promos, talk about the coffee when is told to. And have a few meetings when is mandatory she be 'present' for legal reasons.

Is like that Bad Habit skin care company offered some paid partnership to Emma (again, through her agency) and Emma followers bought so many of the products that they made her the company's 'Creative Director'.

Influencers get it easy. Companies want them for money, they get money, everyone get the money (money from their followers of course ;) )

1treehill

I think it was a mix of her editing + trying so hard to seem relatable. Girls who go to soulcycle, starbucks, bath & body works and wear fake lashes to the gym are a dime a dozen on Youtube. Emma did the whole quirky "I don't care about my looks and I'm not afraid to burp on camera" thing and it blew up. It's the only explanation I can think because her videos are super boring & half assed.
This is one of the most astute observations I’ve ever read!

orlyb1310

VIP Member
Definitely sounds like she is suffering. Inflammatory bowl disease, Chron's or celiac disease? She is in America, she is wealthy so could afford to see the best medical professionals to try and get to the (sorry) bottom of things. It sounds horrible, and I don't know how many of the Coffees/Matcha and regular teas (caffeine) she actually finishes but all that caffeine must be irritating her gut. Plus a fair amount of fibre. Overall her food choices seem so healthy 🤷‍♂️

She seems likeable, on her own and as an only child she seems grounded and level headed etc. I hope she gets it sorted as it sounds hellish.
I do like her, only been watching her for about a month or so so I can't really talk about what she's been like long term but from the vids I've seen, all she eats is coffee/tea, vegetables and sometimes tempeh. Like individually they seem healthy but that's all she ever eats. Even when she orders food, its a salad. Maybe she just enjoys 'clean' eating but I saw a vid that discusses her eating and many think its very disordered:cry: I hope she finds out what's wrong though if she's in a lot of pain and gets help if she struggles with body image.

Claud123

Chatty Member
Tha latest two videos has been too "try too hard" for me. Try too hard to be funny. Try too hard to be relatable. Try too hard to be smart. Try too hard to look sad. Try too hard to be obssesed with everything.

Reactions: 8

orlyb1310

VIP Member
If she was a bully and popular then why does she insists with her stories of how she didn't fit in highschool and was depressed and struggled with her body image.
I read that she bullied girls that were unpopular, shy and didn't have friends. Which is weird since she now claims she has only 2 friends and she's antisocial.

It's insane how some people put on a persona for the followers and stick to it for so long. It's scary to me..very manipulative and gross.

We all have different sides to our personalities but making a whole narrative about your childhood experiences is not normal!

Maybe the accuser was lying...but who knows. I wouldn't say I see her engaging in horrible behavior nowadays.
I think her defensive reaction in that clip is all the proof we need that she knows full well that she was a bit of a bully in high school. I don't doubt that she struggled with her body image as she was coming across as orthorexic (don't want to diagnose her with anything but thats how her eating habits came across) in her youtube vids before she stopped uploading. But although I didn't watch her back in the day, I always got the impression that like a lot of other teenage youtubers at the time, she couldn't be arsed continuing with school when she could make a shit load of money off youtube and put her time into the opportunities that come with being an influencer rather than sitting exams. I don't buy the whole 'school is such a toxic environment and I couldn't handle it any longer!'. The sad reality is hardly anybody likes school and the system needs huge reforms for the sake of students' mental health but it doesn't mean we just dropped out.

puremadnessndat

I'm curious if she leaves the house more often on the days she does not film, or if her vlogs are an almost accurate portrayal of her everyday life. For a young person with a lot of disposable income she doesn't do much, which is fine but surprising.

Loux2021

I can only speak for myself but I love her videos as I'm super introverted and a major homebody like her. She honestly seems to be living my dream, a quiet simple life where you can afford to buy whatever you want whenever you want, to travel constantly to NY and Paris and work in fashion with access to exclusive pieces, be mostly free of non work related responsibilities, have endless time to explore hobbies, create art, cook for yourself, have a routine and are healthy etc. Ik realistically no ones life is that simple but her vlogs make it seem nice.
shes beyond priveliged. its just weird to me that she got rich of of basically doing nothing. and yeah i would love her life also just to never have to properly work and just go hang out in new york for a few weeks. but its not reality for most people

I agree she seems to thrive in New York I'm not sure why she said she has to live in LA because of work? ls it due to chamberlain coffee being LA based?

I feel like her vlogs aren't that accurate of a depiction at all. I don't think she vlogged being in Paris with LVMH for their young designers award thing etc. so there's a lot of stuff, trips and events that she leaves out. She's been part of quite a few editorials recently too so her days might be quite busy. We only see tiny snippet of her in her home where she feels comfortable vlogging.

I follow emmachamberlainupdates on instagram and I've seen a few pictures of her out to dinner with Kendall Jenner and a lot with Derek B (head of fashion at Youtube).

I think Tucker (rolemodel) is her boyfriend? She was at his concert too.

yeah she never shows/mentions her bf and makes it look like she is doing everythign alone so the vlogs arent accurate of her life

seosaimhín

is it just me who thinks she’d be more aware of how much plastic she gets through? there’s way more sustainable ways of her getting her fruits and veggies than constantly buying plastic boxes ESEPCIALLY with her income
seeing her constantly shop at whole foods or trader joes, or even getting her stuff off amazon drives me nuts, she has so much time and money to go to more independent shops

gargamel

Wow people idolise her so much. There’s nothing healthy about it 😳 just because it’s all fruit and vegetables..

Reactions: 7

macrofriendly

VIP Member
I am a big Emma fan and have loved her for years, especially the podcast. I think a lot of what she says can have a positive impact on teenagers, and I think her latest podcast on deleting Tik Tok shows her maturity and genuine intelligence. However the amount of ads on the podcast sweet lord it has actually triggered me.
Surely in a 40 min podcast you don't need about 10 mins of ads (all of which are totally irrelevant to me anyway because I'm in Australia). :mad:
Okay rant over, thank you.

ellzlouelc

i’m new to this thread, i think it’s great that she has accumulated such a huge amount of following at her young age but i genuinely don’t understand her videos, maybe it’s just not my type of humour🤷🏻‍♀️😬 when i watch her new videos she just looks really sad and empty it’s really depressing to watch☹

orlyb1310

VIP Member
is it just me who thinks she’d be more aware of how much plastic she gets through? there’s way more sustainable ways of her getting her fruits and veggies than constantly buying plastic boxes ESEPCIALLY with her income
I bet there are loads of farmers markets in LA that she could get gorgeous fruit and veg from as she's always complaining about the bad quality of the shop bought stuff. She needs an intervention because its so clear just by watching her videos that there are some deep rooted issues that she has with food. She has so much money to experiment with cooking and restaurants but she eats the same thing every day.

LYRA234

Anyone listen to part 2?

Yea I just finished listening to it, so she has quit YouTube because she’s TWENTY now and she’d like to progress… I stress twenty because she kept saying it. I don’t think anyone would care if she completely changed up her content to “mature” or whatever. I can understand what she said about not being able to figure out what she likes because she thinks about content 24/7… yea a break is probably needed.

I did find them a bit whiny about the whole thing, like eurgh it’s soo hard doing this job even when you feel down. Erm that’s just employment, we all have to put up with this crap.

Anyway I wish Emma the best, sounds like she’ll keep her podcast as it’s low effort.

Any guesses on who she was talking about when she was talking about being forced by established YouTubers to do videos with them, so they could benefit off her?

gargamel

Exactly. Definitely seems like she wants everything to be perfect. I made so many mistakes in my early 20s. Had awful relationships. Made and lost friends. And just generally being silly/reckless lol. But I think you sort of need to do these things to get to a point in your life where you really appreciate quiet nights in and your small circle of friends etc etc. It should happen organically, it can’t be engineered!
Maybe Emma only shows a very tiny portion of her life online so we would never really know what it’s like, but it does make her more and more unrelatable and the lifestyle that she does show is completely unattainable for people her age.