Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

doodlebug

VIP Member
I’m so glad ppl are on the same page RE her eating habits.. whenever I bring up to my friends or in comments that I find her food content so triggering they shut me down with “she’s just healthy it’s an LA thing” or “shut up she’s a queen” 🥱🥱🥱
It’s pretty obvious to any normal person her diet is NOT healthy in the slightest. It’s too restrictive to be healthy. Moderation is key. You need fat and protein and carbs! Not everyday blueberries and brussel sprouts. She’s gotten a lot worse recently. She used to eat burritos and avocado toast and cheezits and porridge. Now it’s like 90% berries with a side of roasted veggies. She has orthorexia.

Reactions: 13

gargamel

I find it kind of irritating that she’s always trying to be wise beyond her years but lacks SO much life experience and also seems to have no desire to actually gain any.

orlyb1310

VIP Member
she knows she has way more money than she could ever spend yet she keeps on flogging off shite sponsorships every week that she blatantly doesn't actually use. like why are you advertising a credit card to your audience of 14 year old girls?

orlyb1310

VIP Member
Speaking from my own experience, I think it’s easier to be comfortable with alone time when you’re an only child too.

Loux2021

just started watching her videos. she seems like a nice girl but dont understand why shes so popular. she doesnt really do anything and just sits in her house mostly. also i feel like when she does the sponsor segment its just obvious she is doing it for money. the fact that she doesnt really show her life, as in her boyfriend just makes me think its not genuine and all for money. which obviousy that is what all youtubers do it for but yeah i think just overall i have no clue how she has so many views and is so popular. she seems so priveliged sitting in her mansion and complaining about being tired when she has nothing to do all day.

lethscsmofdero

Chatty Member
Tha latest two videos has been too "try too hard" for me. Try too hard to be funny. Try too hard to be relatable. Try too hard to be smart. Try too hard to look sad. Try too hard to be obssesed with everything.
I’ve not been able to finish either of her newest videos because they’re so boring lmao. Since her break from youtube ive realised that she’s so ridiculously out of touch and doesn’t have anything of relevance to say, people act like she’s wise beyond her years but she’s really ignorant and doesn’t have enough life experience to be giving advice that is applicable and in reach for most people.

That being said, she definitely looks a lot happier than when all her videos were her just rotting in bed, so I guess her time off has been really great for her

Reactions: 12

kenyounot

Is it me or is Emma looking really thin?
She has previously come out and said she used to suffer with an eating disorder. I obviously cannot make a statement as to whether she’s relapsed into this eating disorder, but she very clearly displays disordered eating behaviours. Obviously, it’s an incredibly difficult and private subject that she owes nobody an explanation for. But it hurts me knowing the impact she has on a VERY large audience made up of mostly young girls/boys who are entering the stage in life where bodies and hormones change. I feel as if Emma decides to show what she eats (and how very little of it) per day, the way she is currently doing, then she also needs to address that she is struggling again. Show what you eat, but be transparent. Otherwise, don’t show the food and keep it completely private.

unknown7575

is it just me who thinks she’d be more aware of how much plastic she gets through? there’s way more sustainable ways of her getting her fruits and veggies than constantly buying plastic boxes ESEPCIALLY with her income

orlyb1310

VIP Member
I don’t think she’s content with her life at all. On paper, she has it all at such a young age but in reality, she hates living in LA so the big mansion is useless. Without speculating too much, her eating habits are very disordered which suggests she has a lot of body image issues. She spends most of her days with nothing to do. She almost gives off an energy that she’s been forced to be an influencer and has to film mundane things to fill out the vlog because she doesn’t seem to enjoy it at all anymore really. Even when massive events happen like the met gala or fashion week, she doesn’t have anything to say because I think deep down, none of it makes her happy.

dalmatirox

I don’t think she’s content with her life at all. On paper, she has it all at such a young age but in reality, she hates living in LA so the big mansion is useless. Without speculating too much, her eating habits are very disordered which suggests she has a lot of body image issues. She spends most of her days with nothing to do. She almost gives off an energy that she’s been forced to be an influencer and has to film mundane things to fill out the vlog because she doesn’t seem to enjoy it at all anymore really. Even when massive events happen like the met gala or fashion week, she doesn’t have anything to say because I think deep down, none of it makes her happy.
She lives the life of a bored rich retired person but she's 20 ....

It's sad but also idk if I can feel that much sympathy for someone with so much money and opportunities they could do more with, maybe that makes me a bad person 😬 lmao.

It just seems like a shame.

Reactions: 11

ghooddayinmymind

I’m so glad ppl are on the same page RE her eating habits.. whenever I bring up to my friends or in comments that I find her food content so triggering they shut me down with “she’s just healthy it’s an LA thing” or “shut up she’s a queen” 🥱🥱🥱

• Sick

orlyb1310

VIP Member
Has she started including baking in her videos to try and fool us that she doesn't just eat fruit and veg because whatever she makes always looks weird like she's tried to substitute the 'unhealthy' ingredients for something else and it doesn't bake properly.

emmax1234

I feel the same but idk how to word it without sounding ridiculous and envious. It's like she's putting on a performance to show how much she eats and loves food because thats 'relatable' but she doesn't seem like a foodie at all so it just seems inauthentic. Like surely if your body is letting you eat almost 4 whole punnets of berries at once, its because you're lacking something??? She has about two meals on rotation too like you're not fooling anyone that you love your food girlie when you're eating the exact same thing everyday. I think this Emily Mariko who's blowing up on tiktok is a much better role model for the rich, skinny, 'I have my life unattainably together' aesthetic.
Yeah, coming from someone who has an ED she gives off Orthorexic vibes. Like you very rarely see her eating "junk" food, it's always vegetables and eggs because "her stomach is sore". I really wish she would either talk about what she's going through or just cut the food out of her videos because something just seems off with it

URM8ZEBJD

I've heard rumours that she was picked out (when her channel was small) and marketed by Youtube as a "product" - and that they've done the same with other channels too to keep people hooked on the idea that they too "can go viral" the same with the really popular girl on TikTok...

Reactions: 10

gargamel

Does anyone here listen to anything goes? I’m not a regular listener but I was curious about her latest one “body image and self acceptance”. I had to stop listening after half an hour. Her ignorance around the wider issue is quite painful i.e. beauty standards and capitalist patriarchy. No mention of feminism or the historical context, even in basic terms. She just kept saying it was “fucking stupid” that society values beauty and doesn’t know why that is. Like if you really don’t know, why not do a tiny bit of research on the topic before making a podcast episode about it?! Especially as it’s such a sensitive one. It would only take one google search. Just baffling tbh.
Did anyone listen to the whole thing? Interested to hear your thoughts

jetmeiko

I just started listening to her podcast yesterday, and while the topics could be interesting, she is pretty surface level, and clearly grew up / came into herself within a bubble (LA youtube / hanging out with other semi-famous young successful rich people etc). Of course, she is still very young and has a lot to experience, but it seems like she tries to come off very deep and intelligent with her podcast, but it's really just highlighting her privilege. I get it's kind of a verbal diary, but maybe if she had guests on who could also speak to these topics with a different POV, the listener would learn more / get more out of it. BUT I guess her podcast is probably more for a huge fan and doesn't care about learning anything from her lol idk

Yeah, she's sooo down to earth and relatable but she's surrounded by the worst, shallow people 🙄
✨Manipulating her audience since forever✨

doodlebug

VIP Member
She has orthorexia - no doubt about it. Seems like she’s always had it, even from a teen like the poster above said. It’s not normal to NEVER eat regular food, and have a healthy substitute for EVERYTHING. All she literally eats is copious amounts of fruit and vegetables. She said earlier this year that she’s developed an interest in cooking to try and distract from/help her issues with food…

Reactions: 9

macrofriendly

VIP Member
I like to give Emma the benefit of the doubt because I truly love the girl, but the fact that she ordered a black coffee and an egg white omelette for breakfast in her latest video (while being a young, very slim girl) speaks volumes.

Reactions: 9