Emily Norris

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thing is, if she (or someone else) did a video with a clear breakdown of what they're earning, they would get loads of views on it. It would be such a popular video. And I honestly think people would appreciate the honesty and have more respect. Just my opinion of course.

Reactions: 4
It’s very stranger that they’re all so secretive over it. It’s easy to find the income of a nurse, teacher, supermarket employee etc, it’s laid bare for everyone to find. I don’t know why influencers ? are so secretive about it. They obviously know what they’re doing is crass & preying on people’s insecurities & anxieties
Probably because it’s not a level playing field. They will all negotiate a rate with each individual project- so if two of them work with Tesco for example on a campaign they may not be getting the same rate, it will depend on what is negotiated.
They also mostly are employed by their own company - the company pays them a wage. So although they could tell us how
Thing is, if she (or someone else) did a video with a clear breakdown of what they're earning, they would get loads of views on it. It would be such a popular video. And I honestly think people would appreciate the honesty and have more respect. Just my opinion of course.
It would shatter the illusion.
There’s a lot of people who don’t really understand that this is all a con. They think that these women are just regular stay at home mums who make a little pocket money from these videos. If the real truth came out then it’s all over. It’s like lifting up the curtain and finding out who the Wizard Of Oz is.

Reactions: 9
The amount they would get from one viral video is peanuts as all they will get is the Google ads. The brand's paying them is the lucrative thing.

If they did come clean that they are making a fortune most wouldn't trust them. As @MelanieSmooter says most think it's just making a small amount not hundreds of thousands a year.

Emily must be making a killing on her book with the printing costs and selling it herself. Easily £15 if not more profit a copy. The real question is how many has she sold? 4000 would be at least 60k profit.

Reactions: 3
They perpetuate the lie that it’s pocket money amounts with their lines like “girls gotta eat” & “I need to keep a roof over our head” as if they’re barely scraping by

Worth keeping an eye on “EN Media Limited” at companies house. They’ll be having to file accounts soon!

Correct me if I'm wrong but she said that she had iniatially ordered 1000 but sold out (quite quickly) and had to order more. I agree she probably makes about £15 per book so has likely make a profit of AT LEAST £15,000. She did a video waffling about how to be organised which was a video to sell her book imo.. I imagine she has sold a few thousand by now. I liked that Katie Ellison did a "my favourite planners" video recently and didn't include Emily's ? she also only thanked Kate Murnane and Kerry Whelpdale for helping her during her 'seperation anxiety?' at the weekend away. Seems like SJ and Katie kept away from her, don't blame them, they was probably eye rolling as they see her out every single weekend on instagram!

Reactions: 5
Correct me if I'm wrong but she said that she had iniatially ordered 1000 but sold out (quite quickly) and had to order more. I agree she probably makes about £15 per book so has likely make a profit of AT LEAST £15,000. She did a video waffling about how to be organised which was a video to sell her book imo.. I imagine she has sold a few thousand by now. I liked that Katie Ellison did a "my favourite planners" video recently and didn't include Emily's ? she also only thanked Kate Murnane and Kerry Whelpdale for helping her during her 'seperation anxiety?' at the weekend away. Seems like SJ and Katie kept away from her, don't blame them, they was probably eye rolling as they see her out every single weekend on instagram!
So quite easily she could have made 60k in a month of this book!

So money grabbing to sell it for such a high price when it looks 90% like an empty book. She could have just sold it for a reasonable £10 and made a £2 profit but that isn't enough and she wants to rinse every single penny out of her sheep. Then has the nerve to act like she has to do all these adverts just to put food on the table.

Reactions: 7
And have a cleaner. I used to like Emily but her lifestyle is totally unattainable now. The amount of holidays they go on is something I would never be able to afford (I haven't been able to take my children abroad at all ?‍♀). And yes, it does make me feel a bit crap.
Yes! I feel the same! I loved her channel when I could relate to another mom so well, but now I can’t stand her. I really hope her followers aren’t putting themselves into horrible debt trying to be just like Emily. ??‍♀

Reactions: 4
Her latest video makes me so annoyed (only watched 2mins to see if she declared, don't fancy watching a 13 minute ad with that pasted on smile) .. she starts off by saying "this video isn't sponsored, I just loooooove Amazon", yet posts about 20 affilate links. This video is made to make her money and she is claiming to just be kindly sharing with you her purchases from the goodness of her heart. Scam artist.

Reactions: 10
I made an amazon video like this just over a year ago and it went down so well and was so highly viewed and made me sooo much money I thought I would make another video. This video isn’t sponsored but if you click on the links below unknowingly to you I will make tons of money which helps me to pay for my cleaner ?

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I made an amazon video like this just over a year ago and it went down so well and was so highly viewed and made me sooo much money I thought I would make another video. This video isn’t sponsored but if you click on the links below unknowingly to you I will make tons of money which helps me to pay for my cleaner ?
Really? Wow! I’ve clicked on them before. Never again!

Really? Wow! I’ve clicked on them before. Never again!
Yes! Affiliate links are used by a lot of you tubers and “influencers” (ergh hate that term).
Essentially they are links with an influencers unique code on them, which means if you click on their link and make a purchase they will earn commission off that particular website. It does not cost you anything additional when you buy off an affiliate link but still, annoys me when they don’t explain what they are or declare them.
Also, you may click on an affiliate link and have a look but decide not to buy that particular item, however the website will put a cookie on your browser so if you buy anything else from that website the influencer will still earn commission regardless of whether or not it’s something they recommend. So you could click on an affiliate link by Emily to Amazon, have a look but decide you don’t want to buy whatever it is Emily is advertising, but a few days later you’re doing some online shopping and you end up buying something from Amazon, if you haven’t cleared your cookies then she will still earn commission.

Peachy10 - Wow, I didn't know this. I always thought that they get a commission only for the specific item that they recommend.

Emily posts 3 vids a week, would be nice if at least one of them would be AD, affiliate, sponsorship free.. at least one per week. She would probably see that as a complete waste of time if she can't earn money on it. Because girls gotta eat... khm…buy a bigger house so she can have a proper office. :)
It seems to me that most of these Youtubers decide to move to a bigger house just to have an extra room for office + a separate filming room. What a waste of space. Interesting how did they manage at the beginning to get to those 100k+followers without a separate filming room, all they had was just a simple background of bedroom and living room and still worked just fine.

Reactions: 6
Peachy10 - Wow, I didn't know this. I always thought that they get a commission only for the specific item that they recommend.

Emily posts 3 vids a week, would be nice if at least one of them would be AD, affiliate, sponsorship free.. at least one per week. She would probably see that as a complete waste of time if she can't earn money on it. Because girls gotta eat... khm…buy a bigger house so she can have a proper office. :)
It seems to me that most of these Youtubers decide to move to a bigger house just to have an extra room for office + a separate filming room. What a waste of space. Interesting how did they manage at the beginning to get to those 100k+followers without a separate filming room, all they had was just a simple background of bedroom and living room and still worked just fine.
I agree, I’d much rather see someone in their cosy lounge or a nice bedroom with some fairy lights. As soon as they go for these purpose made offices, I lose interest. It becomes unrelatable and all about making money then. Upsizing your house based on influencer income is sheer madness. This will all get harder and harder to earn money from & they will all be left with gigantic mortgages. All just to look like they’re keeping up with the others

Yes! Affiliate links are used by a lot of you tubers and “influencers” (ergh hate that term).
Essentially they are links with an influencers unique code on them, which means if you click on their link and make a purchase they will earn commission off that particular website. It does not cost you anything additional when you buy off an affiliate link but still, annoys me when they don’t explain what they are or declare them.
Also, you may click on an affiliate link and have a look but decide not to buy that particular item, however the website will put a cookie on your browser so if you buy anything else from that website the influencer will still earn commission regardless of whether or not it’s something they recommend. So you could click on an affiliate link by Emily to Amazon, have a look but decide you don’t want to buy whatever it is Emily is advertising, but a few days later you’re doing some online shopping and you end up buying something from Amazon, if you haven’t cleared your cookies then she will still earn commission.
Whhaaatttt???!!!!!

I notice that this one hasn't publicly addressed the new #ad rules. I for one don't think she will follow it. Putting #AD at the start of her videos/posts will kill her as she has been unbelievably sneaky about it. Will she have to write #ad when talking about her new book and having it advertised in her description box? I'm sure I read that you have to write #ad even when promoting your own products....

I used to think that Emily was the loveliest/nicest insta mum out there! (Have followed her for a couple of years now). However now I think she is probably the fakest and I feel so stupid for having bought her #ad crap for so long now! At least I’ve finally seen the light now!!! My own fault really for being so stupid... of course it was all just a sales pitch.
Like the Tesco sports wear ad where she’s wearing all the different sports outfits and gives some tips about getting fit. Yet during all her insta stories where she literally documents every second of her life, and yet she’s never seen in sports wear or doing a workout. Hmmmm?!!

• Haha
I used to think that Emily was the loveliest/nicest insta mum out there! (Have followed her for a couple of years now). However now I think she is probably the fakest and I feel so stupid for having bought her #ad crap for so long now! At least I’ve finally seen the light now!!! My own fault really for being so stupid... of course it was all just a sales pitch.
Like the Tesco sports wear ad where she’s wearing all the different sports outfits and gives some tips about getting fit. Yet during all her insta stories where she literally documents every second of her life, and yet she’s never seen in sports wear or doing a workout. Hmmmm?!!
Haha! I never even thought of that! She only ever talked about fitness when she was doing ads about it. Never in her everyday life. ?

• Haha
Honestly if she did one ad per month, and didn’t live so extravagantly, she could easily afford to live off that combined with Matt’s income. I wouldn’t be bothered by one a month at all, and I’d be more likely to use her links. She seems too much like a sales person and less like a relatable mummy friend.

Just had to come on here to laugh about the fact that on Emily’s insta stories lots of people are loving her top tip of ..... making the bed in the morning. Who knew? How did we ever cope without Emily telling us what to do!

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.