Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

pommynoir

VIP Member
Have to be honest, following Emily’s recipes, 3 meals a day, no snacks, I’ve gone from having binge eating disorder to losing 3 stone. My skin is glowing, I never get wild sugar cravings like I used to, and I love how everything is full fat, lots of variety, lots of vegetables and TASTY! Yes it is expensive, but after years of battling with an eating disorder, trying every diet under the sun, I’m finally in a good place, and I have her to thank. So yes I’ll spend silly amounts on my food shopping every week if it means I’m happy and healthy lol.

Personally, I don’t follow influencers expecting everything they do to be relatable to me. The obvious work she’s had done, the constant eating out, even the fancy kitchen and set up she has. The ads are SO ANNOYING, but I just scroll past as that’s not what I follow her for? Or her weird boyfriend. One minute she promoted the pond water stuff then stopped. There’s definitely inconsistencies with her content and what she says but compared to a lot of other health accounts/nutritionists I don’t find her entirely offensive.

Another girl I follow just an FYI who has great recipes similar to Emily’s is Georgia May Salamat and Sohonutrition 😊
Thanks for the other recommendations, I’ve been looking for similar accounts.

I follow quite a lot of her recipes too, have her book on pre order. I sometimes make tweaks as I have some gastro issues and I am not trying to lose weight - but I’ve lost a stone, feel fantastic and my sleep (and as a result) anxiety and general mood has improved.
i really enjoy cooking and experimenting so haven’t noticed much difference in the cost of my shopping , some weeks it works out a bit cheaper.

but I agree with the ads, the constant eating out at ridiculously priced restaurants and herIl boyfriend gives me the major ick with his mini hand 🤣🤣

Reactions: 7
I can't believe she's promoting IV clinics as a nutritionist.
I said this at the start of this thread but she isn't a registered nutritionist. She has a degree but isn't on Afn register and I think it is so she can just promote whatever she wants even if it's not evidence based. And unfortunately most people don't know any better when it comes to nutrition so just believe whatever she says.

Callan

VIP Member
“Hey guys look at this menu, ignore the designer bag I strategically placed behind it hehehe definitely not a humble brag or anything after I visited my old school to show them how good I am at flicking my hair as I close my fridge online”

Do we think it’s real or a rep bag? 🤔

View attachment 2573950
So lame, she really went out of her way to get that bag in the picture.

namenotavailable

Chatty Member
I just cannot with that boyfriend of hers. Those 'outfit check' videos they were posting on holiday made my cringe glands flare up so much 😂 He really gives me the ick.

I've made a few of her recipes and they were really tasty, but my kitchen was absolutely destroyed and it cost me a small fortune!

Callan

VIP Member
What a dreadful picture of the doc too. Hate that in a photo that your mate chooses they’re looking normal and you’re.not.
I see that a lot with these influencers, they will post a photo with their bestie to wish her a happy birthday or something and the person posting looks like a model and the other person is at some awkward angle or blurry, it's never about the person they are talking about.

bellinibobble

VIP Member
The look fantastic ad she did yesterday was for about £160 worth of hair products.. and then I’m sitting on my sofa minding my business and i see her in a Garnier hair food ad on tv. What are those tubs, like £8? Obviously not something she actually uses, but the ads must pay well. 🙄

Reactions: 6

bellinibobble

VIP Member
OMG £475 for one meal, I would die 😅😅 the most I’ve ever paid is less than half that, and for a really special occasion. Some are defo gifted with these two, but even so, they probably eat like this a couple of times a month?!

No wonder they declare every meal out as the best ever.. they can’t all be..? But when you’ve paid that much.. the cognitive dissonance is showing 😭

adviseplz

VIP Member
Dieticians are the only ones who are regulated by law in the UK and they will usually work for the NHS. She *does* have a degree in nutrition as per her bio but in theory anyone can call themselves a nutritionist and continue to shill whatever they want (such as various synthetic protein powders 🤪)

I still maintain a proper nutritionist or dietician wouldn’t be so deliberately misleading on calorie counts for the sake of Instagram views and followers. Agree with other commenters that she’s used the nutritionist angle to get herself into general influencing. Even the garnier ad is “how a nutritionist cares for her hair” what’s that got to do with the price of fish?
A nutritionist should be telling us she cares for her hair by eating XYZ, not buying some cheap hair mask that she's getting paid to promote

ChilliBean

VIP Member
The story about carrot juice preventing sun damage seems really irresponsible then the next story shows how sun damaged her chest is 🙃
She really is some sort of Instagram witch doctor

ETA she’s advertising a “one size fits all” brand… “fits all” is a bit of a reach we all know what size it fits 🙄🙄🙄

namenotavailable

Chatty Member
I was looking at the reviews on Amazon and some of the more negative ones said that the ones on her socials are better, the recipe won't be accompanied with a photo, or there will be 3 pointless pages with photos of tomatoes. I won't be buying.

Callan

VIP Member
She had a jose job as well, at least one. Her older pictures look like close relative of hers, I'd never guess it was the same person.

anastasia1989

Wow she looks so different in those dyson stories & the podcast, compared to the reels she posts. Just another reminder of instagram vs reality. Her lips in her reel thumbnails look ridiculous, so overfilled and over-lined it's like she has a rash or allergic reaction. Are we actually supposed to think that looks good? I also noticed she has so much sun damage. I will never understand these supposed "wellness" influencers who preach about taking care of your body, then go and fry themselves in the sun. She has the kind of skin and sun damage I would expect in someone almost twice her age.

I'm confused by her latest stories; did she take food on the plane to eat in her hotel after arriving? How many hours was that packed lunch stewing in her backpack for... like girl just go to a restaurant and choose something with vegetables. You know you have issues surrounding food if you can't relax and eat some "imperfect" food on a travel day.

I understand the frustrations around influencers, particularly social media feeling like one big ad. And it’s SO IN YOUR FACE atm. But people forget you don’t have to buy anything they plug. You don’t have to listen, follow, and allow them to influence your life 😂 no-one is forcing you. You can pick and choose.

Like I’m not going to click Emily’s Skin and Me links or 3820101730 supplement suggestions because I don’t want or need it 😂 I don’t want lumi spas, Stanley cups, or any other shite they probably don’t use themselves 🤣 I have no problem using a link or a discount code through an influencer if they’ve helped me. I’m happy to help line their pockets if they’ve added value to my life. End of the day we’re all just trying to survive and earn coin. But only if it’s relevant?

So if I see a Look Fantastic discount link or an ASOS link to a jumper I like and it’s payday, I’m probably your girl 🤣 there’s something for everyone.

Emilys recipes are realistic and simple, all ingredients I can pick up at the supermarket, she doesn’t tell you what not to eat, she promotes balance and her meals are tasty. She just romanticises and curates her life for the gram 😂 nothing else is relatable to me and that’s fine.

Classychick

Chatty Member
First drink this weekend ? I don't think so , bet there are much more behind the scenes but as she is reading here she trying not to share it all