Emily Clarkson (em_clarkson)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have tried with the pod a few times because I think they cover interesting topics but neither of them are cut out to host it. The incessant shrieking with laughter at each other’s stories (which aren’t particularly funny), lots of lipsmacking/sucking in saliva sounds and very odd interview style… Alex basically repeats back to someone what they’ve said and then goes ‘that’s really, like, interesting’. I don’t think I can bring myself to try again.

Reactions: 13
Also every podcast guest is always "THE MOST EXCITING GUEST EVER AND THE BEST INTERVIEW THEY'VE EVER DONEEEE"

• Heart
If she reads this thread, they’ll be doing a podcast about Tattle soon 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 7
If she reads this thread, they’ll be doing a podcast about Tattle soon 🤣
The one with Nelly London about trolling pretty much was. They basically said if you’re on Tattle we don’t want you as a listener, so that’s the point where I thought, ok then bye 🫥

• Haha
The one with Nelly London about trolling pretty much was. They basically said if you’re on Tattle we don’t want you as a listener, so that’s the point where I thought, ok then bye 🫥
What they were really saying was;

If you have an opinion that differs from our, superior opinions then we aren’t interesting in having you as a listener as we like living in our cocoon of privilege and are creating a nice little echo chamber for ourselves that we don’t want ruined.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
What they were really saying was;

If you have an opinion that differs from our, superior opinions then we aren’t interesting in having you as a listener as we like living in our cocoon of privilege and are creating a nice little echo chamber for ourselves that we don’t want ruined.
Exactly!!! Part of me would love to discuss it with them, like, you realise 99% of Tattlers are just nosy people who like to gossip, but then log off and get on with their day, and don’t give influencers a second thought, never mind wanting to ruin their career/life/business/whatever? There are funny people on here, not to mention lots of good off topic threads and it’s a more approachable forum than MN in my opinion. It’s not how they make it out, at all!

• Heart
Reactions: 20
There’s something just so self indulgent about every aspect of Em Clarkson’s Instagram.

Em Clarkson has been born into wealth and influence. Her dad is famous with connections in the media world. Despite having zero qualifications or experience, she had two (poorly written, clichéd) books released in 2017 at the age of 23. That is insane. Many more talented, innovative and hard working people never get that sort of break. Em would have you believe that it’s all down to her personal attributes, but it’s not.

not only that, but she enjoys the privilege of being white and conventionally slim. She’s never been overweight for all her body positivity guff. She’s never endured long spells of ill health or mental health. Even if she did, her wealth would act as a huge buffer to that. She’s enjoyed the privilege of being in a stable relationship with a similarly privileged white male (and for those who are female and have had to experience long spells of being single - the world is not easy as a single female. We are constantly made to question our worth and value ourselves based on how men value us).

despite having almost everything literally handed to her - she’s never had to seriously tackle any health issues, any extreme weight or dietary issues, she’s never had to date. She’s never had to crawl her way up the ladder as a female in a male dominated work space. She’s never had to endure job interview after job interview and know she’s being overlooked because she wasn’t posh/white/male enough. She’s never had to struggle by in a rental property on minimal wage. And yeto despite having no experience in any of this, she hasn’t even studied it objectively - she sure has a lot of opinions on it all.

truth is, Em is boring AF. Life has been one big gift for her and good for her. But what irritates me is that she has zero humility about it and uses her privilege to position herself at the forefront of issues she has zero understand of. She has to post about her “crippling insecurity” because she has nothing else interesting to say and she knows it will strike a cord. Even at her heaviest Em was acceptably slim.
i don’t want to disparage the fact that it’s hard being insecure about our bodies as women, and we are subject to scrutiny in a way men aren’t.

but geez… it’s all so boring, overdone and not especially effective when you’re slim the way Em
Is.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
There’s something just so self indulgent about every aspect of Em Clarkson’s Instagram.

Em Clarkson has been born into wealth and influence. Her dad is famous with connections in the media world. Despite having zero qualifications or experience, she had two (poorly written, clichéd) books released in 2017 at the age of 23. That is insane. Many more talented, innovative and hard working people never get that sort of break. Em would have you believe that it’s all down to her personal attributes, but it’s not.

not only that, but she enjoys the privilege of being white and conventionally slim. She’s never been overweight for all her body positivity guff. She’s never endured long spells of ill health or mental health. Even if she did, her wealth would act as a huge buffer to that. She’s enjoyed the privilege of being in a stable relationship with a similarly privileged white male (and for those who are female and have had to experience long spells of being single - the world is not easy as a single female. We are constantly made to question our worth and value ourselves based on how men value us).

despite having almost everything literally handed to her - she’s never had to seriously tackle any health issues, any extreme weight or dietary issues, she’s never had to date. She’s never had to crawl her way up the ladder as a female in a male dominated work space. She’s never had to endure job interview after job interview and know she’s being overlooked because she wasn’t posh/white/male enough. She’s never had to struggle by in a rental property on minimal wage. And yeto despite having no experience in any of this, she hasn’t even studied it objectively - she sure has a lot of opinions on it all.

truth is, Em is boring AF. Life has been one big gift for her and good for her. But what irritates me is that she has zero humility about it and uses her privilege to position herself at the forefront of issues she has zero understand of. She has to post about her “crippling insecurity” because she has nothing else interesting to say and she knows it will strike a cord. Even at her heaviest Em was acceptably slim.
i don’t want to disparage the fact that it’s hard being insecure about our bodies as women, and we are subject to scrutiny in a way men aren’t.

but geez… it’s all so boring, overdone and not especially effective when you’re slim the way Em
Is.

Perfectly said

Fwiw. I like Jeremy, especially with what he has done for British farming.

But both Em and Katya (spelling) come across as spoilt and clueless

Reactions: 8
Perfectly said

Fwiw. I like Jeremy, especially with what he has done for British farming.

But both Em and Katya (spelling) come across as spoilt and clueless
hes just as unlikeable as her IMO.

He wrote an article for the times in 2017 plugging her book (but of course, her insta audience and book sales are aallll down to her of course…) called School’s out of touch —kids must learn to wire a plug and embrace nepotism”
Yes, really.

he writes about how poor em didn’t like boarding. I guess it must be hard receiving a world class private education worth hundreds of thousand.

clarkson also says “I employ quite a few young people these days and, I’m sorry, but an upper second from Exeter is always going to be trumped by a spot of nepotism. If I know your mum and dad, you stand a pretty good chance. If I don’t, you’re just another name on a mile-high stack of CVs.”

Lovely. So if you work hard and excel academically, Jezza is still gona employ his mates’ offspring. But no doubt this nepotism he happily adovocates doesn’t extend to Emily. Definitely not. 100% her book deals were the result of pure hard work and talent, right em?!

he might as well have come out and explicitly said himself, I pulled strings for my mediocre and academically lacklustre daughter.

it’s all so morbidly hilarious except, the people nepotism tends to harm the most; women, ethnic minorities; the socially and economically disadvantaged - are the exact people Em so arrogantly grabs the banner from and waives the flag for, on their behalf, drowning out their already quiet voices to fill with her own loud arrogant opinions, all while financially profiting from it.

the clarksons are vile, hypocritical people. And she’s proud of her hypocrisy too.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
She was extremely lucky her surgeon just squeezed her in the next week, anybody else would have had to wait months.
I'm not sure what you mean by this. Why would she have had an advantage over other people?

Her and Georgie Swallow both drive me mad for this, oh and Katie Budenburg. All have slim bodies and have to contort themselves to look like they have rolls. I actually find it tone-dead and patronising. They don’t know what it’s like to actually feel awful about your body, and may be doing more harm than good
absolutely yes on georgie swallow.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
So she’s done another thing that involves her being naked. YAWN. I’m all for body positivity but we all don’t have to be naked all the time 🙄

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.