Emily Canham #22 Rollercoaster day forgetting her purse; there is no humanitarian crisis worse!!!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She knows what she’s doing by posting that, and considering her audience is predominately young girls & women it is so dangerous.

She maintains that body by eating probably > 800 calories a day and over exercising. Her body will be under a huge strain with such little nutrition and fuel. It’s not healthy and it will do her damage if she keeps doing this for years.
Also, as someone who has suffered with anorexia, she will be thinking about food NON STOP, which is almost one of the worst symptoms I'd say. While she may try and act chill around food, her mind will be going crazy. It's absolutely not worth it to try and be skinny when it involves bleeping up your body and brain so much. Also, as my favourite podcasters always say, how you look is the least interesting thing about you!!

Reactions: 7
She is far too skinny. Girls with curves are real women! She tries far too hard. Live your life. Have that treat! :)

She is far too skinny. Girls with curves are real women! She tries far too hard. Live your life. Have that treat! :)
I feel like you're trying to come from a well meaning place but the wording of this comment is very ignorant.

• Heart
Reactions: 49
I feel like you're trying to come from a well meaning place but the wording of this comment is very ignorant.
I don't think it is ignorant. Girls put too much pressure on themselves to diet and not have treats. Live your life.

Reactions: 1
I don't think it is ignorant. Girls put too much pressure on themselves to diet and not have treats. Live your life.
What the other person was getting at was that some girls can also naturally not be curvy despite not starving themselves – and they're also real girls.

Reactions: 23
What the other person was getting at was that some girls can also naturally not be curvy despite not starving themselves – and they're also real girls.
True. Probably worded it wrong but I’m sick of girls having this thought in their head that they cannot be curvy and must look like Emily when it’s unhealthy.

Reactions: 1
Is she trying to get James to move so she can film in something to her aesthetics which to me is just a new build and boring!

Reactions: 3
I just can’t anymore, she is triggering me and I’m a 29 year old slim women who should know better than be triggered
Seen this as I am sat demolishing a whole tub of pringles 🙃 Whatever, I know I’m happier and healthier than she is anyway!!

Reactions: 8
True. Probably worded it wrong but I’m sick of girls having this thought in their head that they cannot be curvy and must look like Emily when it’s unhealthy.
The reason it was addressed as ignorant is that it simply pushes body shaming to another type of body. To empower girls and women to feel that their body isn't somehow wrong and needing fixing means not pushing the narrative that there is a right type of body.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
She seems very pleased with herself and happy with how she looks. Someone in her family was diagnosed with diabetes which led to her new approach to food, or so she has claimed. Her face looks unwell no matter how great she claims to feel. The photo of her next to emshel (I think) it is very clear.
Screenshot_20230429-150750_Firefox.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: 9
She seems very pleased with herself and happy with how she looks. Someone in her family was diagnosed with diabetes which led to her new approach to food, or so she has claimed. Her face looks unwell no matter how great she claims to feel. The photo of her next to emshel (I think) it is very clear.
Honestly this photo is so shocking. Her arms/hands are giving Eugenia Cooney

Reactions: 13
She’s gained a bit of weight since then I think. Her arms don’t look like that anymore.
Agreed I don’t think it’s quite as extreme as this now but at the same time, I don’t remember being quite as shocked by it back when this photo was taken.
I feel like when you see photos of her regularly, you don’t realise quite how bad she was/still is

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.