Emily Canham #10 Abs are fake, boyfriend’s a flake, are her subscribers even awake?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I took a look at her new video because of your guys' comments, and omg, I'm shocked. She looks like a lollipop, huge head and tiny bony body. Her parents must see that she's abnormally thin, why won't they do anything.

Reactions: 5
She looked good last summer and still sort of womanly. Now she just looks like a corpse. I dont understand why she moved back in with her parents in august, her reason for it was because she was dealing with some things but she seems to be doing A LOT worse under their roof
I don't think she really moved home to deal with anything like she implied. Her go-to when she's either being lazy or doesn't want to talk about something is that she's "going through something". In that case James had fecked back to LA without her and she was too mean to keeping paying the money to live away from home when he wasn't around.

I know some people here disagree with me, but I don't think being around her mother helps her at all. If anything I think her mother is an enabler to Emily. I can't believe that she's been living back at home for the best of a year and she's getting worse. I know we don't know what is going on behind the scenes but I really do think if her mother was half the therapist or whatever she loves to claim she is on social media Emily wouldn't be posting the videos that she is highlighting her weight loss, disorderly eating and looking for validation in her extreme thinness because they'd be talking to her about it and trying to get her help.

It's one thing to suffer from eating disorders, a few people here have shared their personal experiences and I've learned a lot from reading, but it's a whole other thing for her to be broadcasting it. I do feel bad for Emily as she definitely seems to be dealing with an ED, but it's so wrong how she broadcasts that and wears clothes and poses in angles to highlight it further. To me she wants the validation and help from her family and James but doesn't seem to be getting it.

I really do wonder if anyone has said anything to her about it? I know if it was me and I was making the content she was and almost glamorising an ED my family and friends would be concerned, but also angry that I'm looking for praise for it from young girls.

Reactions: 23
I don't think she really moved home to deal with anything like she implied. Her go-to when she's either being lazy or doesn't want to talk about something is that she's "going through something". In that case James had fecked back to LA without her and she was too mean to keeping paying the money to live away from home when he wasn't around.

I know some people here disagree with me, but I don't think being around her mother helps her at all. If anything I think her mother is an enabler to Emily. I can't believe that she's been living back at home for the best of a year and she's getting worse. I know we don't know what is going on behind the scenes but I really do think if her mother was half the therapist or whatever she loves to claim she is on social media Emily wouldn't be posting the videos that she is highlighting her weight loss, disorderly eating and looking for validation in her extreme thinness because they'd be talking to her about it and trying to get her help.

It's one thing to suffer from eating disorders, a few people here have shared their personal experiences and I've learned a lot from reading, but it's a whole other thing for her to be broadcasting it. I do feel bad for Emily as she definitely seems to be dealing with an ED, but it's so wrong how she broadcasts that and wears clothes and poses in angles to highlight it further. To me she wants the validation and help from her family and James but doesn't seem to be getting it.

I really do wonder if anyone has said anything to her about it? I know if it was me and I was making the content she was and almost glamorising an ED my family and friends would be concerned, but also angry that I'm looking for praise for it from young girls.
Just. This. 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
Couldn't have put it better myself and agree with every point

• Heart
Reactions: 13

Wholeheartedly agree. It's so irresponsible to be carrying on as if her weight/diet is normal when she no doubt has quite vulnerable people watching.

Reactions: 9
i’m personally quite vulnerable with a past eating disorder that still is fairly easily triggered and i just want to say that finding this thread on emily might have saved my life. seeing so many of you talk about emily being unhealthy and that her body/eating habits are not normal and not okay has really helped me to not be triggered into copying emily, so thank you all 💜

• Heart
Reactions: 56

I believe she went back to her family home to deal with the serious issues of not wanting to pay rent. If James wanted to play house again she would be off like a shot. He is inconsistent, hot then cold, in Cornwall living as a couple to moving to L.A for months without seeing her. Actions can speak louder than words.

Reactions: 16
I'm wondering if there's something else wrong with her, like does she have an illness or something? Although she does glorify her weight loss, which is was ED sufferers do unfortunately.....
I can't even hate watch her anymore, she's too thin and her bony shoulders trigger me

I'm wondering if there's something else wrong with her, like does she have an illness or something? Although she does glorify her weight loss, which is what ED sufferers do unfortunately.....
I can't even hate watch her anymore, she's too thin and her bony shoulders trigger me

Reactions: 1
The fact that she’s doing brand deals with both GHD and cloud nine speaks volumes. Money money money. Pick a brand for each product type and stick with them. She becomes less and less genuine everyday.
Off topic for right now but this annoys me so much! Especially when people do it with skincare / haircare. Of course you can switch it up but they always use the same lines like “I’ve been using this for a while and it’s really improved the condition” etc

Reactions: 8
i’m personally quite vulnerable with a past eating disorder that still is fairly easily triggered and i just want to say that finding this thread on emily might have saved my life. seeing so many of you talk about emily being unhealthy and that her body/eating habits are not normal and not okay has really helped me to not be triggered into copying emily, so thank you all 💜
Oh my goodness.. this just goes to show just how many people may well be out there who are in a vulnerable space with an ED and are assuming that Emily is the norm. I'm so glad you found this thread. She is not healthy and not someone to try to copy. I really recommend following some good influencers who have a positive relationship with food and their body. Not that I can think of any right now...🙈

Also, I completely relate to that feeling of watching the video and thinking 'gosh this person is too thin/looks unwell' then checking the comments and just seeing praise and people telling them they are 'goals'. At least with Eugenia cooney everyone is fully aware she is not a body to aspire to.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
Stick with us ❤ Emily has this horrendous mean girl persona where she seems to want people to think they SHOULD be like her, but no. She’s a horribly self centred superficial girl who doesn’t like herself enough to unclench and eat properly. She’s also old enough with enough self awareness to acknowledge and manage her responsibility to her audience, but she’s very openly disregarded that. She knows exactly what she’s doing and it’s sick.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
christ she posted that she’s a size 0 in lululemon leggings... that’s a 20.5 inch waist according to their size guide :| i’m honestly a) scared for her health and b) angry af that she’d post something so specific number wise! even at my most sick physically with my ed i never got close to that. i cannot believe none of her loved ones are stepping in ffs

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 33
christ she posted that she’s a size 0 in lululemon leggings... that’s a 20.5 inch waist according to their size guide :| i’m honestly a) scared for her health and b) angry af that she’d post something so specific number wise! even at my most sick physically with my ed i never got close to that. i cannot believe none of her loved ones are stepping in ffs
Just saw this too and really felt the whole point was just to show her body and nothing to do with leggings. It's very obvious she is feeling herself right now with all the posey shite she keeps posting. I've never come across such a narcissist before.

Reactions: 18
Just saw this too and really felt the whole point was just to show her body and nothing to do with leggings. It's very obvious she is feeling herself right now with all the posey shite she keeps posting. I've never come across such a narcissist before.
i’ve been in the place she’s very obviously in and all i cared about was how i looked, how to avoid food etc. if she gets through this she’ll be so embarrassed looking back at her behaviour in a few years. difference is i was 17 when everything peaked for me and i decided to get better, she’s a grown woman with potential to do far more damage to other people :/

i’ve been in the place she’s very obviously in and all i cared about was how i looked, how to avoid food etc. if she gets through this she’ll be so embarrassed looking back at her behaviour in a few years. difference is i was 17 when everything peaked for me and i decided to get better, she’s a grown woman with potential to do far more damage to other people :/
I think her narcissistic tendencies have always been there, I watched an old vlog of hers when she was still at school to see if she's changed much much she was obnoxious and vain even then. I agree though, she does appear to be going through something rn.

Reactions: 10
Wtf is this, how petty. I’d be annoyed if I was Lucy
God she’s so bleeping weird. Just because your boyfriend doesn’t seem to want to go on trips and be seen with you, no need to be so rude that your only friend wants to go on trips with hers!

Reactions: 10
It was so unnecessary for her to share the last bit about the size..

Reactions: 14
First time poster, long time lurker etc...

I can’t lie, I cried (I’m having a really bad day ED wise) when I saw that story of her in those leggings and realised how small she is! I realise that I have my own issues, but seeing all of you say how unhealthy her behaviour is has made me feel better about actually having eaten today and maybe I don’t need to be that thin and that it’s not normal.
I’m older than her by a few months but I just want to say a huge thank you for saying she isn’t “goals” 😭

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 40
Tbf I know someone who’s the opposite end of the scale who was boasting about just being an 8. But Emily is out of control, I wonder if she gets many messages of concern?

Reactions: 1
I’ve just looked on her Depop and a few months ago she was posting jeans and shorts for sale ranging from a 26-28 inch waist. So, looks like she’s dropped 6-8 inches from her waist. Most people drop 4lbs for each inch lost so she’s probably lost like 24-32lbs which is seriously worrying. Why don’t her family seem to be stepping in? She needs someone to give her a hard reality check so she can realise how toxic her obsession with her appearance has become!

• Wow
First time poster, long time lurker etc...

I can’t lie, I cried (I’m having a really bad day ED wise) when I saw that story of her in those leggings and realised how small she is! I realise that I have my own issues, but seeing all of you say how unhealthy her behaviour is has made me feel better about actually having eaten today and maybe I don’t need to be that thin and that it’s not normal.
I’m older than her by a few months but I just want to say a huge thank you for saying she isn’t “goals” 😭
recent posts of emily’s have had me in tears over my own body too. i know our triggers aren’t the responsibility of other people to manage but it still hurts seeing people look how your illness thinks you should look! i hope tomorrow is an easier day for you ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.