Em Sheldon (emshelx)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wonder what caused her bad day 😉
I wouldn’t normally take pleasure in someone having a bad day but she is so shady and judgemental that I don’t feel bad when it comes to her.
She’s one of those people that posts cryptic messages on social media ‘had such a bad day’ etc to get loads of social media huns replying and asking what’s up. Very attention seeking. She acts like she gets loads of hate and trolling but she really doesn’t, the criticism here is pretty mild and tends to be about her sneaky affiliate links, orange filters and commenting on everyone’s Instagram pictures for clout. If anything I think her insta and YouTube are incredibly dull and boring especially since she moved to London. She has no direction - is she fashion or beauty or travel? She also doesn’t follow inthefrows home accounts either!

I think the points around Kayleigh are v valid. She and em were on the same circuit I guess back when blogging and influencers all kicked off. I don’t follow Kayleigh but her insta has grown massively. She’s clearly found her niche in terms of her clothing uploads and the wedding / dog stuff. Personally her style is not my taste but I can see why her account would appeal to some women. Ems is just a hot mess when you look at it. Literally advertises everything and anything.

She’s one of those people that posts cryptic messages on social media ‘had such a bad day’ etc to get loads of social media huns replying and asking what’s up. Very attention seeking. She acts like she gets loads of hate and trolling but she really doesn’t, the criticism here is pretty mild and tends to be about her sneaky affiliate links, orange filters and commenting on everyone’s Instagram pictures for clout. If anything I think her insta and YouTube are incredibly dull and boring especially since she moved to London. She has no direction - is she fashion or beauty or travel? She also doesn’t follow inthefrows home accounts either!

I think the points around Kayleigh are v valid. She and em were on the same circuit I guess back when blogging and influencers all kicked off. I don’t follow Kayleigh but her insta has grown massively. She’s clearly found her niche in terms of her clothing uploads and the wedding / dog stuff. Personally her style is not my taste but I can see why her account would appeal to some women. Ems is just a hot mess when you look at it. Literally advertises everything and anything.

She’s definitely an attention seeker, not sure if anyone remembers or saw when she tweeted a picture of her in tears. It was ridiculously embarrassing for a grown woman to do that.

She’s clearly not friends with ITF, it looks like her new bestie is Lidl Millen as they both like exactly the same stuff on a twitter. Both how no clue what direction they are taking their content in and will shill anything. Her latest is hair removal device 🙄

Today she can’t live without a coffee brand 🙄 next week she’ll be back to only drinking matcha lattes. Where’s her Gucci sandals she spent a month posting aff links for? Oh yes, she returned them, like she does the rest of the items in her hauls. She spent the summer wearing a pair of £8 slides instead. 😂

Reactions: 2
Today she can’t live without a coffee brand 🙄 next week she’ll be back to only drinking matcha lattes. Where’s her Gucci sandals she spent a month posting aff links for? Oh yes, she returned them, like she does the rest of the items in her hauls. She spent the summer wearing a pair of £8 slides instead. 😂
You know how asos changed their return policy as too many people were buying clothes, wearing it and then returning it? So now they penalize people that do that. Em was totally one of those people. I remember when they announced the policy she made such a huge deal about it.

Kayleigh has really taken off. Her style isn't my taste either but she's doing well. She looked lovely on her wedding day.

Considering she lives in London, she barely posts about it on Instagram. Doesn't she also pretend to live (geotag) in Notting Hill or Kensington when in fact she doesn't?

Reactions: 1
The post she’s put on IG about the coffee is embarrassing. I mean it’s autumn in the UK so why promote it like a summer drink? Does the brand not think what on earth have we paid for here? She puts zero effort into her ads. Literally sits on a street corner with the product. On her grid her last 8 photos out of 9 are ads!!

Good point about the Gucci sandals. Never seen those again. Nor the brown Gucci belt she had in one video. Her zara hauls have the tags on so clearly sends that back. Prob the same with ASOS hauls and fully expect she’s been caught out by their clamping down on returns policy. Good for them.

Did anyone see her stories going through her make up stuff the other day? Her brushes and products were filthy. Like covered in foundation on the outside of the tubes.

Had a quick look at her IG feed. She's advertising coffee, chocolate, hair removal products, hair care products, specsavers (!), coke...Em what is your brand? What is your focus?! Get your tit together girl. She says she turns things down but the variety of products she promotes just smacks of desperation.

She also posted that ridiculous thing about anyone who criticises you MUST be doing less than you. What on actual earth?! So if my boss gives me constructive criticism on work then automatically they are doing less than me (and no doubt must be a hater!). Come on Em. Are you 12?

Just FYI Em (as she makes it so clear that she reads here) people aren't just hating on you and criticising you. They report you to the ASA because you are underhand and shady. If you weren't, there would be nothing to talk about. Have a think on that while you sup on your summer iced coffee :rolleyes:

Had a quick look at her IG feed. She's advertising coffee, chocolate, hair removal products, hair care products, specsavers (!), coke...Em what is your brand? What is your focus?! Get your tit together girl. She says she turns things down but the variety of products she promotes just smacks of desperation.

She also posted that ridiculous thing about anyone who criticises you MUST be doing less than you. What on actual earth?! So if my boss gives me constructive criticism on work then automatically they are doing less than me (and no doubt must be a hater!). Come on Em. Are you 12?

Just FYI Em (as she makes it so clear that she reads here) people aren't just hating on you and criticising you. They report you to the ASA because you are underhand and shady. If you weren't, there would be nothing to talk about. Have a think on that while you sup on your summer iced coffee :rolleyes:
Just to reiterate your point and to make sure Em understands I reported you to the ASA Em as you can’t follow the rules. You are also a hypocrite calling out reality stars and smaller influencers for not declaring, quite frankly being all over the BBC when you’re shady in your dealings is unacceptable.

There is no jealousy when people critic her or report you it’s as simple as holding her accountable like she expect others to be. This is also not trolling or anything else she wants to call it so stop putting up quotes digging us out and go read the ASA guidelines and start following them.

What a bizarre advert and seems pretty off season now that it is autumn. People want cozy drinks like a hot choc or Chai latte, not an iced latte.

She posted another quote: never do the envy, jealousy or insecure stuff. Be the hustler, the go getter and the well wisher.

Come on. She is being so transparent. She clearly reads here and it bothers her.

I am not jealous but it irks me that she preaches about declaring stuff when she doesn't follow the LAW herself.

Also it is quite funny that she is posting London on her stories today when it was mentioned yesterday that she never seems to show London much on IG.

Look at her Philips Lumia advert if you want to see a bad advert. Randomly in the middle of it she says she wants to live in NYC. Not sure how that is relevant to a hair removal device.

Shes got a uni degree but isn’t very smart.

Her engagement is very poor. Considering she’s been doing this for years, she really isn’t performing well at all. I’m surprised she still gets paid Ad’s. Although the mish mash of Ad’s she does get explains a lot. No decent fashion brands want to work with her and her accepting anything that’s offered to her is damaging to her future deals. Of course she won’t take the feedback and pulls the trolling card anytime any constructive criticism is given. To give a bit of comparison, Ruby Holley who hasn’t been doing this long, has 130k followers to Em’s 115k but is getting between 7-11k likes per insta photo. Em sometimes struggles to get 1k. Ruby is stylish, informative and genuinely seems a nice, honest person. Em seems to throw out content for the sake of it with minimal effort and it shows.

I think she's trying so hard to look 'rich' or wealthy or whatever but she comes across really tacky. Naff style, orange filters, cheap fabrics. Sometimes she doesn't iron things? Brands are paying her for this tit. It's bizarre.

I think she's trying so hard to look 'rich' or wealthy or whatever but she comes across really tacky. Naff style, orange filters, cheap fabrics. Sometimes she doesn't iron things? Brands are paying her for this tit. It's bizarre.
For someone who gets so much free hair are why does her hair always look so goddamn awful. I really wish she would PAY for someone good to sort that birds nest out. Seeing her hair has made me never ever want to use her hairdresser or any hair care she recommends.

For someone who gets so much free hair are why does her hair always look so goddamn awful. I really wish she would PAY for someone good to sort that birds nest out. Seeing her hair has made me never ever want to use her hairdresser or any hair care she recommends.
Her hair always looks fried and never freshly cut.
It is her and Matt's anniversary today. I remember before she complained that he never gets her anything for it.

Agree with this and all the recent posts on this thread! I think she’s desperate to be some kind of Chelsea girl, always tagging Chelsea or Kensington in her IG. Although I’m sure on the GG thread someone said her rented flat isn’t in that area. I think it’s just typical of her to pretend to be something she’s not and it comes across. Like she pretends to be orange, rich, gym expert, health expert etc. When she’s none of those things!
But then again she can’t help egging that she’s from ‘up north’ when it suits her like some comedy Yorkshire person.

I noticed she’s doing all these gym classes at the moment, I wonder how many are gifted? I think her form is shocking though, I’m no gym expert but her posture when she exercises looks really off plus she works out with her hair down?? So stupid just to look better for the gram. I actually think Kayleighjcouture gym stories are better because her form is good and she’s not trying to be gym expert, just shows the exercises being done properly

Agree with this and all the recent posts on this thread! I think she’s desperate to be some kind of Chelsea girl, always tagging Chelsea or Kensington in her IG. Although I’m sure on the GG thread someone said her rented flat isn’t in that area. I think it’s just typical of her to pretend to be something she’s not and it comes across. Like she pretends to be orange, rich, gym expert, health expert etc. When she’s none of those things!
But then again she can’t help egging that she’s from ‘up north’ when it suits her like some comedy Yorkshire person.

I noticed she’s doing all these gym classes at the moment, I wonder how many are gifted? I think her form is shocking though, I’m no gym expert but her posture when she exercises looks really off plus she works out with her hair down?? So stupid just to look better for the gram. I actually think Kayleighjcouture gym stories are better because her form is good and she’s not trying to be gym expert, just shows the exercises being done properly
She loves fitness, I am surprised she hasn't done a PT course to get certified.

Her form does make me cringe and I am surprised whoever is doing her training isn't sorting it.

Em is far from boujee and there's nothing wrong with that, I hate people who try to be that way. I wish she was comfortable being herself, she would seem much more genuine.

She loves fitness, I am surprised she hasn't done a PT course to get certified.

Her form does make me cringe and I am surprised whoever is doing her training isn't sorting it.

Em is far from boujee and there's nothing wrong with that, I hate people who try to be that way. I wish she was comfortable being herself, she would seem much more genuine.
But Em was doing her online (presumably gifted) online personal training qualification a while back.... most people took a year to complete it but Em was adamant she was going to complete it in 3 months. Never heard anything about it again so would assume she gave up with that. I imagine she couldn't be bothered with the actual effort of having to commit to something and study. Why do that when you can just live a gifted freeloading pointless existence instead!!? Her gym form is shockingly bad.

So it’s her anniversary but she’s fucked off to a press event with her mate?! True romance eh. And she turns down sooo much work. Yeah right Em. You turn down nothing, you’ve binned your own anniversary off to go to a free event! No wonder Matt doesn’t bother on Valentine’s Day!!

And yes I do remember now that she said she was going to do some health or nutrition course. But it probably involved too much effort when she can just hoover up ad work for promoting chocolates and tinned lattes. Ridiculous.

Oh the hair! She has so many blog posts about 'how healthy my hair is now i stopped getting extensions'. Erm that is not healthy. I agree with the fact she should just be herself. Be northern, be more 'affordable fashion' if that's what you wear. Look at other influencers - if they're shilling hair stuff their hair usually at least looks healthy. She's delusional.

Has anyone else noticed that she now adds ad in front of her affiliate links. She was clearly sneakily advertising Nasty Gal and since my complaint to the ASA she’s been told to be more honest.

If I ever see her on the BBC I will be sending them a copy of the ASA investigation as she should never be used to moan about online/influencer advertising.

And if she wants a good hairdresser recommendation happy to share mine but she’ll have to pay so I’m pretty sure she won’t wont to do that.

Guess who’s been reading here... Why doesn’t she just admit she reads here and address what we say instead of these sly digs. Come on Em, we’re happy to have a chat with you and explain why we feel like you’re a budget version of an influencer who advertises anything and everything.

Attachments

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.