Elle Florence #2 Serendipitously scamming and squatting in Seattle

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
šŸ‘šŸ‘šŸ‘

Great point about them both being concerned about appearances, just different aspects!

I think the ladies in this chat, generally, seem to be well-educated, successful women who enjoy designer goods and the occasional splurge, even if they don't believe in spending excessively. Even if we wouldn't pay 5k+ for a handbag, many of us can still appreciate the craftsmanship and history and quality behind it.

I doubt Dickles feels similarly. He probably thinks the free canvas tote from his favorite granola brand is just as good and much more cost effective/environmentally friendly than Chanel (FYI I LOVE canvas totes!).
I think whatā€™s key is something you mentioned earlier. If Elle dumped Rick, why not say so when she first spoke on it? Itā€™s not like she owed him some extreme loyalty. She said that Joe broke up with her. I canā€™t imagine her telling him she wouldnā€™t say she broke up with him. Why care at that point? Also, remember how he put up that first cringe photo with his dad and she asked him to take it down?? Why do that if this was under your control? That paired with Ginetteā€™s ā€œsee you in Floridaā€ really makes me think he ended it. And if she ended it, why not go back to Vancouver? It wouldnā€™t be as embarrassing as telling your friends you got dumped and I think she could still go back. I think she was so embarrassed and thatā€™s why she wants a ā€œfresh start.ā€

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I have a theory re why Elle decided to get engaged in the first place. Now it's clear to us all Elle is so out of Rick's league, but when they first got engaged (and when I havent found the GG chat and bought in 100% what Elle said), Elle tried to make Dickles sound like a catch.

I still remember when Elle introduced Rick as this 'sexy professor she met in the Oxford summer program, who now is living the best American life in Florida', she was blown away by positive comments. Some subs even said Rick was 'so so so good looking'.

I feel like Elle chose to make such a terrible life decision because Rick has the potential to make her look good as long as she kept on lying and only disclosing partial truth, which is her whole life strategy. Rick lives far enough for any of her Vancouver viewers to have a real sense of his real life status, looks kinda ok from a far without showing his legs, and has a profession that can be talked up.After all in Elle's mind, fraud investigator who quotes business law once in a while = a practicing lawyer, then a adjunct professor absolutely equals to a real professor. Also, Florida is a very polarized state, social economics wise. A lot of rich people there live a luxurious life style, which clearly is not the reality for Ricklet, but Elle tried to pass for that by shooting all of her Florida 'upper middle class' housewife videos and getting a Porsche.

Also, this kind of hallmark fantasy just works so well for her princess persona: get engaged very fast to 'THE ONE' after being tragically dumped by 'the one that got away'. It's kind of pathetic to value image to an extent that it became a complete train wreck.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
I have a theory re why Elle decided to get engaged in the first place. Now it's clear to us all Elle is so out of Rick's league, but when they first got engaged (and when I havent found the GG chat and bought in 100% what Elle said), Elle tried to make Dickles sound like a catch.

I still remember when Elle introduced Rick as this 'sexy professor she met in the Oxford summer program, who now is living the best American life in Florida', she was blown away by positive comments. Some subs even said Rick was 'so so so good looking'.

I feel like Elle chose to make such a terrible life decision because Rick has the potential to make her look good as long as she kept on lying and only disclosing partial truth, which is her whole life strategy. Rick lives far enough for any of her Vancouver viewers to have a real sense of his real life status, looks kinda ok from a far without showing his legs, and has a profession that can be talked up.After all in Elle's mind, fraud investigator who quotes business law once in a while = a practicing lawyer, then a adjunct professor absolutely equals to a real professor.

Also, this kind of hallmark fantasy just works so well in her princess persona: get engaged very fast to 'THE ONE' after being tragically dumped by 'the one that got away'. It's kind of pathetic to value the image to an extent that it became a complete train wreck.
I think she clung on and tried to talk him up even though he's not that much of a catch, because he was willing to put a ring on in a way that her exes weren't after much longer relationships. That's probably a major reason that she made all the effort and sacrifices that she did.

For Dickles, all he had to do was propose and Eleanor would make all the effort and spend all the money. He pretty much gained a cook, someone to decorate his barren house, and some female company, so it wasn't a big deal or sacrifice for him.

Reactions: 13
For her own self-preservation, I hope Elle doesn't plan on featuring a man on her channel again unless there's a wedding ring on her finger.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Is it just me or are a lot of new members joining the thread right now? Welcome! What brings you here? Elleā€™s charade finally collapsing?

Reactions: 10
Welcome new readers!

Friendly reminder that if you are a die-hard fan of Eleanore Lecocq and decide to DM her on Instagram asking about issues we've raised in this forum, she will tell you we are haters who are lying and out to get her. She will never admit the truth about various aspects of her life.

Look at what the majority of us have written. We've exposed her lies with evidence and have the receipts. Ignore the trolls calling her an ugly beaver or whatever.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Welcome new readers!

Friendly reminder that if you are a die-hard fan of Eleanore Lecocq and decide to DM her on Instagram asking about issues we've raised in this forum, she will tell you we are haters who are lying and out to get her. She will never admit the truth about various aspects of her life.

Look at what the majority of us have written. We've exposed her lies with evidence and have the receipts. Ignore the trolls calling her an ugly beaver or whatever.
No one has ever said ugly beaver in my recent memory but now that you mention it... :unsure: :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 7
No one has ever said ugly beaver in my recent memory but now that you mention it... :unsure: :ROFLMAO:
I think I've said her beaver teeth before she had her oodles of cosmetic surgery and fully stand behind that comment.. those chompers were scary šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Luckily the "she-beasts" are gracious and have high self-esteem, and think it's more of a joke than anything else. Now if only Eleanor can do the same...

• Haha
Reactions: 8
His stepfather passed away in 2018, maybe he left Rickets a bit of inheritance that was used as a downpayment for the swamp bungalow and a car-treat for Rick? I can imagine him banging on about good-ole German carmaker Porsche, the famous German precision and practicality šŸ˜‚ He could quote Kant and Nietzsche.

Regardless of whether Rickets had a car or not before he met Smelle, he must have gotten one when she moved in with him. Do you think she'd allow him to cycle to his community college job? Or commuting on an alligator like they do in Florida? šŸ˜‚ šŸ˜‚ šŸ˜‚ plus someone had to drive Smelle to her nail appointments and Trader Joe's too...

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I honestly think it was Elle who dumped Rick. You could for sure see she was unhappy for a while before she left for Hawaii. I think she was really trying to make it work and at the start honestly thought she could make aesthetic changes to make it look like a high enough standard, like painting the house and getting the car (I think that was rented not owned).

When she was in Hawaii with her mam, she was reading a self book (it was shown either on instagram or in a video). Maybe that book and also being with her mam spending all the money without a care, made her see that Rick just didn't make her happy. So when she got back to Florida she ended it. There was a tummy flu somewhere in this story too and lets be honest, if you don't love someone, you will realize it very quick when you're both cranky and sick. I think she was packing up as much as possible and when Ginette got there she helped too. Rick wasn't in those videos so maybe he stayed away at a friends or something for few days while she was packing.

Reactions: 3
His stepfather passed away in 2018, maybe he left Rickets a bit of inheritance that was used as a downpayment for the swamp bungalow and a car-treat for Rick? I can imagine him banging on about good-ole German carmaker Porsche, the famous German precision and practicality šŸ˜‚ He could quote Kant and Nietzsche.

Regardless of whether Rickets had a car or not before he met Smelle, he must have gotten one when she moved in with him. Do you think she'd allow him to cycle to his community college job? Or commuting on an alligator like they do in Florida? šŸ˜‚ šŸ˜‚ šŸ˜‚ plus someone had to drive Smelle to her nail appointments and Trader Joe's too...
You killed me at Kant and Nietzsche + commuting on an alligator. šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I honestly think it was Elle who dumped Rick. You could for sure see she was unhappy for a while before she left for Hawaii. I think she was really trying to make it work and at the start honestly thought she could make aesthetic changes to make it look like a high enough standard, like painting the house and getting the car (I think that was rented not owned).

When she was in Hawaii with her mam, she was reading a self book (it was shown either on instagram or in a video). Maybe that book and also being with her mam spending all the money without a care, made her see that Rick just didn't make her happy. So when she got back to Florida she ended it. There was a tummy flu somewhere in this story too and lets be honest, if you don't love someone, you will realize it very quick when you're both cranky and sick. I think she was packing up as much as possible and when Ginette got there she helped too. Rick wasn't in those videos so maybe he stayed away at a friends or something for few days while she was packing.
She def had a tummy bug and I do agree she probably wasn't very happy and it seems pretty clear she wasn't. She was def more peppy when she was with her mom. But Elle is a simple girl, she wants someone to adore her and shower her with expensive stuff and that's all she needs to be happy. She was prob reading that book to see if she could make things work with Rick.

I still think Rick dumped her, but I have a feeling any fight she had left was mostly due to the embarrassment of a broken engagement and no wedding. I think even if she knew he was wrong for her, she would've gone through with the wedding and then played the divorce card for views and lie (or tell the truth I wouldn't be surprised with creepy Rick) about what a controlling, perv he was and how he changed right after the wedding and it was a surprise.

She was clearly unhappy but I think bc being married is so important to her, she would've gone through with it, seeing it as her once chance to get married before she was "too old" by her own standards

Reactions: 8
Team ā€œElle did the dumpingā€ certainly has a lot of valid points. She did not look happy with Rick, and she wasnā€™t in love. But I think if she had done the dumping she would have taken the opportunity to do a video about how sometimes in life you have to take difficult decisions and get out of situations if they donā€™t feel right and how itā€™s better to be single than married to the wrong man, blah, blah, blah. Sheā€™d make it look like oh she is so so wise and look at all the life lessons you can learn from this girl boss practicing lawyer. Before moving to Florida she did one of those girl boss videos in which she gives advice, and, if you may recall, she hinted at this whole debacle when she said itā€™s important to take risks in life. Notice she hasnā€™t done any more of these types of videos since then or even mentioned her failed engagement aside from the Insta story. She wants to sweep the whole incident under the rug and pretend it never happened. Granted, ending an engagement, I imagine, is no easy feat, but doing a video in which she addresses it and gives advice to her fawning followers would have given her closure. She canā€™t do that if she got dumped for the third/fourth time in a row. Iā€™m more team ā€œElle wasnā€™t going to let this one get away after being a serial dumpeeā€, even if she was indeed miserable. However, I do think sheā€™s relieved she didnā€™t end up marrying him.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 11
Team ā€œElle did the dumpingā€ certainly has a lot of valid points. She did not look happy with Rick, and she wasnā€™t in love. But I think if she had done the dumping she would have taken the opportunity to do a video about how sometimes in life you have to take difficult decisions and get out of situations if they donā€™t feel right and how itā€™s better to be single than married to the wrong man, blah, blah, blah. Sheā€™d make it look like oh she is so so wise and look at all the life lessons you can learn from this girl boss practicing lawyer. Before moving to Florida she did one of those girl boss videos in which she gives advice, and, if you may recall, she hinted at this whole debacle when she said itā€™s important to take risks in life. Notice she hasnā€™t done any more of these types of videos since then or even mentioned her failed engagement aside from the Insta story. She wants to sweep the whole incident under the rug and pretend it never happened. Granted, ending an engagement, I imagine, is no easy feat, but doing a video in which she addresses it and gives advice to her fawning followers would have given her closure. She canā€™t do that if she got dumped for the third/fourth time in a row. Iā€™m more team ā€œElle wasnā€™t going to let this one get away after being a serial dumpeeā€, even if she was indeed miserable. However, I do think sheā€™s relieved she didnā€™t end up marrying him.
Hindsight is 20/20. I do agree they were very ill matched and better off apart regardless of who dumped who.

And Smelley is only what, 32? As much as we sometimes make fun of her desperation to get hitched (which is pretty evident and visible to all), sheā€™s got plenty of time. I donā€™t think she particularly enjoyed Ricketsā€™ lifestyle or Florida so even putting the personality differences aside, that wouldā€™ve been a bad situation.

Reactions: 5
Yes, she's not old but her ideas around marriage have been shaped by Hallmark movies, therefore she is well past her expiry date on the wedding market šŸ˜‚

I honestly think she's in this anxiety mode where deep down she realizes what a mess her life is but any attempts at making it better backfire really badly. She didn't make any progress in her professional career for over 5 years and now she doesn't even have a job. Her 'genius' business plan to buy cheap scarves/pearls and force them down her followers' throats at 350% markup failed because she didn't grasp that there is only so many gullible middle aged housewifes who will fall for her 'designs' and will be happy to spend hundreds of $ on them. Her brand is so strongly connected with the channel that unless you like her as a YouTuber, you won't be interested in making a purchase. On the relationship front, she's been dumped again and again which she doesn't understand. She 'cocked' for the guys, put hairspray in her hair, was always overdressed for any occasion, dragged them to those boring Vancouver Club events for pretentious people, how could those boyfriends not see all the effort she was making?!

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Yes, she's not old but her ideas around marriage have been shaped by Hallmark movies, therefore she is well past her expiry date on the wedding market šŸ˜‚

I honestly think she's in this anxiety mode where deep down she realizes what a mess her life is but any attempts at making it better backfire really badly. She didn't make any progress in her professional career for over 5 years and now she doesn't even have a job. Her 'genius' business plan to buy cheap scarves/pearls and force them down her followers' throats at 350% markup failed because she didn't grasp that there is only so many gullible middle aged housewifes who will fall for her 'designs' and will be happy to spend hundreds of $ on them. Her brand is so strongly connected with the channel that unless you like her as a YouTuber, you won't be interested in making a purchase. On the relationship front, she's been dumped again and again which she doesn't understand. She 'cocked' for the guys, put hairspray in her hair, was always overdressed for any occasion, dragged them to those boring Vancouver Club events for pretentious people, how could those boyfriends not see all the effort she was making?!
She definitely put too many eggs into one extremely unstable metaphorical bucket so I totally see what you mean. I donā€™t fault her for wanting to marry young and live that real housewife life even if I wouldnā€™t chose it myself, but youā€™re absolutely right that she has no idea or just doesnā€™t care about what the men want, and thatā€™s whatā€™s causing her continued failure.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.