Elle Florence #2 Serendipitously scamming and squatting in Seattle

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Don't forgot Joe who waited until Ginette came back to Vancouver from Hawaii, and planned out his entire exit before then with the landlord and packed his bags beforehand so he could dump her ASAP.

I cringed at that SUV - imagine being so insecure that you force your community college adjunct professor fiance to redecorate his entire house and get an old, secondhand Porsche together so you could pretend that you were living the high life to random strangers on youtube.
Ugh I forgot all about that stupid Porsche SUV :rolleyes: I wonder if Rick still has it.

Reactions: 3
For what it’s worth, I agree with you that everyone is different and people have different priorities for their lives. I think it’s great that you’ve chosen in a way that makes you happy because there are so many miserable people out there who chose the job. I have a lot of respect for women who are smart, capable, but not afraid to take a step back to focus on themselves and their well being. Not every “girl boss” or “woman leader” needs to be crazy workaholic and being “busy” doesn’t make you successful or happy.
Agree 100%! Well said! 😊

Reactions: 5
Am I in the minority here that I wholeheartedly believe Elle ended the engagement, and this post was her way of confirming/bragging about that for us? Here are my reasons:

1. Rick’s “Professor Elle / Beach Football / Merci Beaucoup” and “Elle-Dad-Rick sandwich” Instagram posts were so pitiful, it just didn’t feel like he had chosen to end it. He was “so saddened they planned for a future that wouldn’t materialize” or whatever alien jargon he used. She instead was in the process of snapping cleavage selfies for her online dating profile.

2. Rick obviously knew what a shopaholic/snob Elle was before he slipped into her DMs because he had been stalking her for the last decade, and it’s posted all over her platforms. It’s who she is, and it was working for her channel. He didn’t just one day decide he couldn’t stand her anymore. But I could totally see Elle waking up the morning after her YSL Tweaking video and coming to the realization “WHAT THE ACTUAL FU(K AM I GETTING MYSELF INTO?” and calling off the engagement. Because as a previous poster said it perfectly, the high from a new YSL is higher priority than the “love of her life” :sick: .

3. I think over time she began to see Rick from our, and probably the Dolls’, perspectives. With him lecturing the audience about her mac ‘n’ cheese with a “quotation” that it reminded him of; to nearly giving her a concussion from a bobblehead crash during brunch; to the humiliating YouTube videos he made for his channel; to the retirement ranch; to the dad-bod beer-gut and pervy, beady eyes; to the GURU GOSSIPER post (he clearly thought she was a goddess); to the lack of career or status or bank account; to the Dungeons and Dragons warlock sister; to him running bow-legged down a flight of stairs with crullers for some vlog footage; to the swift-clip facilitating Crocodile Dundee costumes — it was just NOT the vision Princess Elle has for her life. This creepy, arrogant perv was just NOT the jealousy-inducing sexy tech/businessman her insecure persona needs to show off in videos and to her “Dolls” group. It had to end.

4. She moved to the land of tech bachelors from her retirement village swamp. Because she’s interested in a career in tech corporate law? Methinks not.

5. She knows he and his family has access to her public Instagram profile and stories. I doubt she’d welcome the opportunity for them to call her out on a lie about who ended the engagement publicly unless it were true. Also she can now announce that she was indeed the dumper.

6. She’s out of his league in the looks department — she knows it and he knows it. Elle knows she can get someone better looking and all around more brag-worthy. Rick is, well. He’s Rick T. Miller. What else can I say? They both knew who got the short end of the stick, and he basically won the lottery. He’s a simple, non-materialistic guy. He didn’t care what she would bring to the table, just that he would have someone in his bed at night and to listen to his lectures. But she is a shopaholic who needs to own every item that Nordstrom stocks and to have a man who she can show off on her channel and +1 her to corporate holiday galas at the club. It just wasn’t going to be possible with Rick’s meager community college paycheck and humiliating presence.

It just makes so much sense to me that she ended it because she had so much to lose (in terms of opportunity) marrying him than he had marrying her. And after the breakup he really did seem down and like he lost someone he really cared about. Meanwhile Elle was shimmying her jugs on dating apps.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
I don't think Elle ended it. The fact that Rick contacted her after 11 years makes me believe that he had always had a crush on her. When someone who barely knows you holds onto that for so long the attachment usually becomes about their idea of you vs what you are actually like.
Someone posted a comment he left on her IG early on and it was something like 'you seem to do it all and do it so gracefully.' He totally bought her 'girlboss' persona and fell for the person Elle likes to pretend she is. Like every other man, once he got to know her he split.
And he did know that she liked to shop. But for someone who looks like they buy their clothing at Costco, I don't think Rick had any concept of how much she spent. I think when he looked at her purses he assumed they cost under $100. If someone has never been interested in designer goods, they wouldn't know that Chanel bags cost upwards of $6,000.
She seriously curbed her spending when she was in FL but went wild in Hawaii. At the time we were posting on GG about the cost of her YSL and other bags. We know that Rick read GG. I think once he realized the amount she spent he was horrified.
There's also her behavior from her now-deleted videos; the bizarre way she would sit a few inches away from him smiling and nodding at whatever he said. Pretending to be interested in cycling, running and hiking. And the last video before she left Hawaii. Her mother was smiling and saying 'see you in Florida' with Elle smiling and nodding. She got sick and became 'unwell' for two weeks because Rick dumped her when she returned.
I agree that Elle had more to lose. Which makes her decisions leading up to leaving Vancouver and post-Rick more baffling. She was out of his league. And yet he invested almost nothing in the relationship. She gave up everything. His life didn't really change once she moved out because she was the only one making compromises. Only a desperate person would even think of behaving the way Elle did. I don't think she was happy living in FL but I do think she was pathetic enough to marry someone she didn't love just because she didn't want to be alone.

Reactions: 20
I love that she mentions Ginette is also in the US and that she wants to be in the same country as her mom as a reason for her move (presumably to be closer to her), even though Ginette is in Hawaii, which is closer to Asia than the continental U.S. This logic doesn't really stand. :ROFLMAO:
I think the logic is simply that domestic travel is a bit easier than international (price, security/border time, etc). For example, I have family in Montreal and I've lived in both NYC and Toronto in the past few years. Both cities are about a 5-6 hour drive from Montreal, but my mom prefers me to be in Toronto because I'm in the same country.

Reactions: 7
I 100% believe in my bones that Rick ended it.

There is no way clingaholic Elle would end anything. ANYTHING. She's not even ending her pitiful YouTube career that's hanging on by a thread lol.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I scrubbed through that crappy apartment tour pretty fast. First of all, you couldn’t pay me to live in that area of Seattle! And for someone like Eleanor whose a homebody, that place is way too depressing and small to be cooped up in. Once summer is over, that apartment will be even more depressing. Another thing, from a business owner standpoint, renting a 1 bedroom is just dumb. I’m not going to give anything away or give her any ideas, but if you know, you know! She’s an idiot.

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I scrubbed through that crappy apartment tour pretty fast. First of all, you couldn’t pay me to live in that area of Seattle! And for someone like Eleanor whose a homebody, that place is way too depressing and small to be cooped up in. Once summer is over, that apartment will be even more depressing. Another thing, from a business owner standpoint, renting a 1 bedroom is just dumb. I’m not going to give anything away or give her any ideas, but if you know, you know! She’s an idiot.

I think it’s so interesting how we all have really different perspectives on the whole Rick and Elle debacle. I haven’t seen anyone mention this perspective yet so I’m curious to see if anyone else sees this. But personally, I don’t think Rick had this huge crush on her for years or he thought she was out of his league. I think the guy got divorced, was trolling his social media for some female attention, and Smelley took the bait. I feel like a lot of men will message random girls they knew from school or work years down the road and I don’t think it’s because they harboured some intense feelings for many years. They’ll just slide in the DMs if anyone they find reasonably attractive and see what options they have.

I think if Rick thought Smelley was a big catch and that she was way out of his league, he wouldn’t have made her make such large sacrifices to be with him and he would’ve tried harder for sure. As many people have mentioned, Rick made very few sacrifices in that relationship compared to Elle. Defending and talking her upon G G seems to just be a part of his pompous, word-salady personality. Keep in mind people were making fun of him regularly there so that probably contributed to his desire to respond as well. The timing of the whole breakup was just too convenient for Rick as well compared to Elle, and really left her and her mom in a lurch. And I honestly think that if Elle did the dumping, she would’ve gone into why she ended the relationship a bit more vs. just mentioning they’ve parted ways and going straight into a haul in the same video.

Knowing how much Eleanor cares about her image, this whole disaster of a broken engagement was pretty humiliating for her and I can’t imagine her willingly pulling the plug when she’s finally so close to being a bride. Rickety Rickets on the other hand, had some fun and came out relatively unscathed, probably with a boost to his confidence that he can still get a much younger woman whose willing to uproot and give up her entire life to be with him.

As far as the spending/designer thing goes, I don’t think a lot of people, especially men, have any idea how much they can cost if they haven’t had much exposure to those items themselves. I know a ton of guys who make good money and think designer handbags are “several hundred dollars and so expensive” when we all know it’s way more than that. I’ve said this before but I honestly don’t think Rick knew how expensive it would be to “maintain” Elle until she moved in and he realized just how much she spends, and how much that didn’t align with both his economic status and safari hat situation.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
I also find it hard to comprehend that Smelle could be the dumper. Yes, she is more attractive than Daddy Rickets BUT she never went for hot guys - Chris was a short troll and Joe was a nerd with dumbo ears. Both of them were balding too which cannot be said about Rick - he looks like a type of guy who has fur even on his as$ 🤮 😜

Also, she was in awe of his eloquence and reciting quotes off the top of his head 🤣 if my boyfriend spoke about pasta the way Rickets did, I'd first laugh at him and then question what's wrong with the guy. I'd definitely not publish a video of it on the Internet.
Two idiots convinced of their intellectual superiority - that's Smelle & Rickets for you.

I agree with the previous poster who said Rick didn't have a decade-long crush on Smelle. He got divorced and figured out that instead of online dating, he might reach out to women from his past as there is less effort involved - you can skip the initial phases of impressing each other 😂 I wouldn't be surprised if Smelle wasn't the only woman he got in touch with. It was convenient for her too - SS dumped her not long before and there she was, bitter about having to go through the hassle of online dating YET AGAIN, when she received a DM from Rickets. It also must have touched her princess mentality - a long forgotten man reaches out to her and turns out to be the love of her life. Oh serendipity! Oh destiny!

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
I also find it hard to comprehend that Smelle could be the dumper. Yes, she is more attractive than Daddy Rickets BUT she never went for hot guys - Chris was a short troll and Joe was a nerd with dumbo ears. Both of them were balding too which cannot be said about Rick - he looks like a type of guy who has fur even on his as$ 🤮 😜

Also, she was in awe of his eloquence and reciting quoted off the top of his head 🤣 if my boyfriend spoke about pasta the way Rickets did, I'd first laugh at him and then question what's wrong with the guy. I'd definitely not publish a video of it on the Internet.
Two idiots convinced of their intellectual superiority - that's Smelle & Rickets for you.
Such a good point! Elle has never dated actually good looking men (I’ll give Joe a pass and say he’s a normal looking guy whose sorta cute but realistically speaking, no one would call him hot or very handsome), and both Chris and Rick were actually unattractive. I think people just pick on Rick more for his looks because of his aggravating personality, age, and lack of success in life. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 10
When she was with Rickets, her plasticine personality shone through yet again. Remember hauls of second-hand clothes and buying organic food only? Have you ever seen her purchase any of those items before? Exactly, you haven't. But because Rickets likes to bang on about nourishing your body and soul with purest products, he probably was giving her lectures on that and she started to mould herself into the granola girl.
I try to be minimalist when it comes to my wardrobe, minimise my carbon footprint, eat healthy with little or no meat but here we're talking about Eleonore who doesn't care about the planet as long as she has her daily dose of Nordstrom shopping 🙄

Also, as svdwoodsen rightly pointed out, her image is everything to her. She'd rather be the unhappiest bride on Earth than voluntarily break off the engagement and risk being subject of everyone's ridicule.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
When she was with Rickets, her plasticine personality shone through yet again. Remember hauls of second-hand clothes and buying organic food only? Have you ever seen her purchase any of those items before? Exactly, you haven't. But because Rickets likes to bang on about nourishing your body and soul with purest products, he probably was giving her lectures on that and she started to mould herself into the granola girl.
I try to be minimalist when it comes to my wardrobe, minimise my carbon footprint, eat healthy with little or no meat but here we're talking about Eleonore who doesn't care about the planet as long as she has her daily dose of Nordstrom shopping 🙄

Also, as svdwoodsen rightly pointed out, her image is everything to her. She'd rather be the unhappiest bride on Earth than voluntarily break off the engagement and risk being subject of everyone's ridicule.
Getting a lot of plastic surgery done and wearing designer doesn’t make Smelley out of Rick’s league. If anything, I’d say her pre-surgery looks plus current personality are a good match for both him and Chris. 🤣

• Haha
I think it’s so interesting how we all have really different perspectives on the whole Rick and Elle debacle. I haven’t seen anyone mention this perspective yet so I’m curious to see if anyone else sees this. But personally, I don’t think Rick had this huge crush on her for years or he thought she was out of his league. I think the guy got divorced, was trolling his social media for some female attention, and Smelley took the bait. I feel like a lot of men will message random girls they knew from school or work years down the road and I don’t think it’s because they harboured some intense feelings for many years. They’ll just slide in the DMs if anyone they find reasonably attractive and see what options they have.
I agree with this. Also, he was probably pleased that she'd got better looking over the years, since when he first knew her she still had her real face.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I was bored last night and tried to find Elle on a few of the popular dating apps. No luck.

• Haha
  • Sad
I have to agree with everyone I know people from the area Rick is orig from in ohio and he def would be the type to think db, coach, mk and Kate spade would be in the same league of designer bags like Lv, chanel, Dior etc and would assume they are all no more than like 500 bucks if that. Nothing wrong with not being concerned about that, but I think he didn't realize how much she shopped and how expensive it really was compared to someone who goes and shops at Kohls or Macy's a few times a year.

Considering her habit of seemingly asking guys to pay for everything, housing, bills, while her money went to shopping. I wouldn't be surprised if she tried to get dick to pay for a lot of tit and when he realized he was paying for most stuff aside from her cooking and what other "comforts" having a woman around provides :sick: he realized it wasn't worth it esp when he realized mommy was buying her 2k bags and not 200 dollar bags. Why would she get something so expensive when that money could be more useful?

Rick is concerned about his image buit it is more about Looking smart, educated, sucessful and bragging about his motorcycle like every other guy in a midlife crisis. He and Elle care about appearances just aren't concerned about the same aspects of appearance.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I have to agree with everyone I know people from the area Rick is orig from in ohio and he def would be the type to think db, coach, mk and Kate spade would be in the same league of designer bags like Lv, chanel, Dior etc and would assume they are all no more than like 500 bucks if that. Nothing wrong with not being concerned about that, but I think he didn't realize how much she shopped and how expensive it really was compared to someone who goes and shops at Kohls or Macy's a few times a year.

Considering her habit of seemingly asking guys to pay for everything, housing, bills, while her money went to shopping. I wouldn't be surprised if she tried to get dick to pay for a lot of tit and when he realized he was paying for most stuff aside from her cooking and what other "comforts" having a woman around provides :sick: he realized it wasn't worth it esp when he realized mommy was buying her 2k bags and not 200 dollar bags. Why would she get something so expensive when that money could be more useful?

Rick is concerned about his image buit it is more about Looking smart, educated, sucessful and bragging about his motorcycle like every other guy in a midlife crisis. He and Elle care about appearances just aren't concerned about the same aspects of appearance.
👏👏👏

Great point about them both being concerned about appearances, just different aspects!

I think the ladies in this chat, generally, seem to be well-educated, successful women who enjoy designer goods and the occasional splurge, even if they don't believe in spending excessively. Even if we wouldn't pay 5k+ for a handbag, many of us can still appreciate the craftsmanship and history and quality behind it.

I doubt Dickles feels similarly. He probably thinks the free canvas tote from his favorite granola brand is just as good and much more cost effective/environmentally friendly than Chanel (FYI I LOVE canvas totes!).

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.