Elle Florence #2 Serendipitously scamming and squatting in Seattle

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She thinks it makes her more relatable to say she's saving like the rest of us peasants than to say "when I get to smash open my trust piggy again" 😂

Just my 2 cents, but I don’t really know why anyone thinks she actually has a trust fund. She’s not rich, she’s just careless with money. She simply has a shopping addiction.

She almost exclusively shops sales and compared to any luxury or even fashion YouTuber, she definitely doesn’t have the cash to buy current in-season handbags, Jewelry, or ready to wear clothing. Nor does she appear to own investment properties or any sizeable amount of retirement funds (I could be wrong!)

For people who’ve been watching since 2014-2015, it’s very clear she’s not all that wealthy. Her tastes and the image she likes to portray is definitely aspirational & luxe but whether she has the bank account to match is questionable.

In fact, I would say she has incrementally upgraded her life and wardrobe as she has progressed in her career & YouTube income. Which is normal for any working adult!

Most notably, her spending markedly increases whenever she has someone paying the rent (boyfriends), and if anything, this goes to further show that her disposable income is limited. The Florida era was the mistake obvious, as her spending noticeably deflated probably because of moving costs & adjustments for loss of day job income. It’s almost like she lives paycheck to paycheck with no regard for the future. In that sense, she is privileged and lucky because her mother is her back up plan but that’s about it IMHO.

Reactions: 16
^^I agree with that too. Her mom's place in HI is pretty modest and based on the sale price of their Victoria house her mom definitely made some money off that. I think she's just living of her mom's sale of the Victoria house right now. Previously she wasn't buying anything that was super on trend luxury wise and I think that's why her channel hasn't grown like Sophie shohet and Chase amie. Both of them seem to have shopping problems too and definitely amie probably doesn't have as much money as she seems to have (her and her husband always seem to have a new venture which they abandon once they don't get rich super quick) . I think part of it is just that Sophie and amie actually had/has better income than Elle did so they could go buy new chanel flaps which definitely bring in the views and other more trendy YSL pieces.

I think if Elle had the money she would have bought the kind of stuff amie buys. But like other people said it seems like she doesn't have any skills for money planning and just lives paycheck to paycheck and whatever she's got left over goes to something else. Even if she has to buy something ugly on sale as long as it was expensive is all she cares about.

It really seems like if she has money she has to spend it, she's probably relying on marrying someone with some money so she can continue to shop and not have to worry about retirement.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
she’s also cheap with others, has little/no social life, and doesn’t do any travel on her own expense (only vacationing with her mother in Hawaii or travel paid/initiated by boyfriends).

These factors allow her to spend all of her day job money, YouTube money & “business” money from her pearls/scarves, solely on herself & shopping.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Also I think she’s hiding old videos because she doesn’t want us going through the trouble of digging up more dirt on her 😂 in addition to having potential special someone #n find something she’d rather keep hidden
Joke's on her. We've got much of the videos downloaded.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Smelley has definitely given up on her channel. Her most recent video has been taken down due to potential racist implications and she missed her latest regular update, and the majority of her recent videos were all "livestreams" where she attempted to sell her wares for two hours every single time.

Has ring hunting turned into a full-time gig? We all know she isn't working atm.

Reactions: 8
Agree with the comments about her just living paycheck to paycheck and, now that there are no paychecks coming in, living on the generosity of her mother. Many people live paycheck to paycheck, but for most it is simply because they don’t make enough. In Elle’s case, it’s because she thinks that spending is going to make her look enviable in front of her viewers. Zero financial planning is going on behind the scenes. Granted, overspending does also happen to a lot of people once they start making more money than they need — they don’t realize some of it is supposed to be saved/invested, even if you have parents to fall back on. On that note, I can’t imagine asking my parents to help me with rent for a $4,000 apartment if I lost my job. I’d either move in with them or live in a studio in that case!

Reactions: 10
Eleanor Lecocq's few months in Florida showed that her "bougie" life was actually only possible based on her mother providing cash, boyfriends paying rent, and spending every paycheck.

I give her credit for actually being frugal in some ways, though. She'd always pack a lunch and a thermos of coffee and walk to work or take the bus. Then she'd blow any savings from doing that on a mascara at Sephora 🤭

Reactions: 4
Just my 2 cents, but I don’t really know why anyone thinks she actually has a trust fund. She’s not rich, she’s just careless with money. She simply has a shopping addiction.

She almost exclusively shops sales and compared to any luxury or even fashion YouTuber, she definitely doesn’t have the cash to buy current in-season handbags, Jewelry, or ready to wear clothing. Nor does she appear to own investment properties or any sizeable amount of retirement funds (I could be wrong!)

For people who’ve been watching since 2014-2015, it’s very clear she’s not all that wealthy. Her tastes and the image she likes to portray is definitely aspirational & luxe but whether she has the bank account to match is questionable.

In fact, I would say she has incrementally upgraded her life and wardrobe as she has progressed in her career & YouTube income. Which is normal for any working adult!

Most notably, her spending markedly increases whenever she has someone paying the rent (boyfriends), and if anything, this goes to further show that her disposable income is limited. The Florida era was the mistake obvious, as her spending noticeably deflated probably because of moving costs & adjustments for loss of day job income. It’s almost like she lives paycheck to paycheck with no regard for the future. In that sense, she is privileged and lucky because her mother is her back up plan but that’s about it IMHO.
I think trust fund was bandied about because almost none of us could understand how someone who was jobless for so long could be affording pricey rent and all of the other tit she buys. Unless she's doing a bangin' pearl business or is returning a lot of the stuff she hauls, even living paycheck to paycheck doesn't seem to explain it. Didn't she buy 2 or 3 Sentaler coats back in the Joe days, within a year's time frame?? Plus TONS of other stuff... Sephora... Nordstrom... Nail salon... Etc. Even if he was ponying up the rent, she must have had lots of pearl business or her mom is helping out a lot. I'd love to have Eleanor do one of those Vanity Fair videos with the breakdown of spending, but have her put how much she's getting from Nouvelle and how much from Mommy.

I think trust fund was bandied about because almost none of us could understand how someone who was jobless for so long could be affording pricey rent and all of the other tit she buys. Unless she's doing a bangin' pearl business or is returning a lot of the stuff she hauls, even living paycheck to paycheck doesn't seem to explain it. Didn't she buy 2 or 3 Sentaler coats back in the Joe days, within a year's time frame?? Plus TONS of other stuff... Sephora... Nordstrom... Nail salon... Etc. Even if he was ponying up the rent, she must have had lots of pearl business or her mom is helping out a lot. I'd love to have Eleanor do one of those Vanity Fair videos with the breakdown of spending, but have her put how much she's getting from Nouvelle and how much from Mommy.
FYI many are not like this, but the trust fund that I have set up for my son has very specific stipulations regarding required level of education, distribution timelines, and specific uses during school years (housing costs, books, tuition only, etc.), and securities holdings and trade restrictions, and the funds are executed by a family member who I trust. If she did have one, there’s a chance that these contingencies exist and probably don’t include eligibility for Sentaler coats and Porsche Macans.

I think she’s probably just a wannabe gold digger who lives paycheck to paycheck. TGIF, OGIM (Oh, God it’s Monday) and the people in her life are only as valuable as their wallets. Very evident in the Chris/Joe phase where the she thought she found daddies (rich, not old) who hired help to clean her apartment and hair, then in the Florida phase where she mistook a senior citizen for a daddy (OOPS) and took JCPenney sponsorships.

Reactions: 6
Rent in Vancouver is easily 3-4 k. Joe’s era was the highlight of spending because he paid the rent. Imagine having 3- 4K extra every month to spend, that’s equivalent to 2 sentaler coats per month.

I would say YouTube ad revenue, magic links affiliate income and Nouvelle (given the huge mark ups she charges) add up to 30k - 50k of additional income per year. Which more than covers Sephora and Nordstrom hauls.

Like others have mentioned, if she actually was as wealthy as she wants other people to perceive, she’s would be buying current in-season fashion items, handbags & ready to wear clothing from luxury brands like other luxury & high end fashion youtubers. Also pre Joe era, her spending was rather conservative, while shopping was frequent, they were centred on largely High Street items and whenever she bought anything luxury, it was definitely on sale.
Eleanor Lecocq's few months in Florida showed that her "bougie" life was actually only possible based on her mother providing cash, boyfriends paying rent, and spending every paycheck.

I give her credit for actually being frugal in some ways, though. She'd always pack a lunch and a thermos of coffee and walk to work or take the bus. Then she'd blow any savings from doing that on a mascara at Sephora 🤭
Agree 100%!

FYI many are not like this, but the trust fund that I have set up for my son has very specific stipulations regarding required level of education, distribution timelines, and specific uses during school years (housing costs, books, tuition only, etc.), and securities holdings and trade restrictions, and the funds are executed by a family member who I trust. If she did have one, there’s a chance that these contingencies exist and probably don’t include eligibility for Sentaler coats and Porsche Macans.

I think she’s probably just a wannabe gold digger who lives paycheck to paycheck. TGIF, OGIM (Oh, God it’s Monday) and the people in her life are only as valuable as their wallets. Very evident in the Chris/Joe phase where the she thought she found daddies (rich, not old) who hired help to clean her apartment and hair, then in the Florida phase where she mistook a senior citizen for a daddy (OOPS) and took JCPenney sponsorships.
Agreed!

The narrative that makes the most sense is one surfaced by another commentator regarding the sale of her mother’s house & the additional cushion Ginette now has available for Elle.

Last edited:

That look your boyfriend gives you when he knows he's dumping you and kicking you out in a few days, and you've just reminded him your anniversary is coming up.

Despite everything, I feel her pain being dumped like that. tit was brutal.
IIRC she also attended that wedding expo with her friend shortly before she got dumped. In the vlog, you could see how giddy she was looking at the diff setups and vendors. She was DYING for a proposal and hoping Joe would do it soon after their anniversary. Crazy how the exact opposite manifested and we got to see just how incompatible they were than Elle led on.

I wouldn’t put it past Elle to buy a bunch of stuff, show it off on camera, and then return them after a little wear. She did that with a snakeskin shoe haul when she first moved to Florida. She also has that ElleFlorenceCloset page still up where she sells her used garments at ridiculous prices.

Last edited:
There is a segment in the break-up video that speaks volumes about the state of Elle and Joe's relationship.
Elle is showing off her delivery from Nordstrom ( another item of knitwear) Joe comes home in the middle of this and just stands in the hallway with his head down and his shoulders hunched. He just looked so tired and despondent. Elle screeches a greeting to him in her baby voice, she then carries on admiring her latest purchase.
Little Bebe was the only one who seemed pleased to see Joe. I bet Bebe was begging Joe to get custody of her, along with the furniture.😂

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 13
IIRC she also attended that wedding expo with her friend shortly before she got dumped. In the vlog, you could see how giddy she was looking at the diff setups and vendors. She was DYING for a proposal and hoping Joe would do it soon after their anniversary. Crazy how the exact opposite manifested and we got to see just how incompatible they were than Elle led on.

I wouldn’t put it past Elle to buy a bunch of stuff, show it off on camera, and then return them after a little wear. She did that with a snakeskin shoe haul when she first moved to Florida. She also has that ElleFlorenceCloset page still up where she sells her used garments at ridiculous prices.
Omg I remember this!! She wanted that proposal BAD. Hell she even teased her getting proposed to with some of her thumbnail choices (wedding venue) and video titles (Ringmas with her looking coy). Knowing she wanted it so badly and then knowing he dropped her ass like a hot potato makes me smile.

Wasn't Joe working all the damn time? I wonder if he was too exhausted to give her the kind of attention she *clearly* was seeking and if she cheated on him. I could see her, especially after hearing those rumors about her going after a taken guy, wanting the money that Joe could provide but sneaking around if her other needs were not being met. We've seen her leap like a psychotic gazelle from man to man. I mean, why was Joe with her for as long as he was anyway? Maybe it wasn't just her regular insane quirks that were the straw breaking the camel's back. Maybe he really was gonna marry her, but then found out she's a snake and that's why he bolted so fast.

It's so fun to speculate about this trainwreck 😂😂

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
Omg I remember this!! She wanted that proposal BAD. Hell she even teased her getting proposed to with some of her thumbnail choices (wedding venue) and video titles (Ringmas with her looking coy). Knowing she wanted it so badly and then knowing he dropped her ass like a hot potato makes me smile.
Same, girl, same. 😁

• Haha
Reactions: 8

Wasn't Joe working all the damn time? I wonder if he was too exhausted to give her the kind of attention she *clearly* was seeking and if she cheated on him. I could see her, especially after hearing those rumors about her going after a taken guy, wanting the money that Joe could provide but sneaking around if her other needs were not being met. We've seen her leap like a psychotic gazelle from man to man. I mean, why was Joe with her for as long as he was anyway? Maybe it wasn't just her regular insane quirks that were the straw breaking the camel's back. Maybe he really was gonna marry her, but then found out she's a snake and that's why he bolted so fast.

It's so fun to speculate about this trainwreck 😂😂
She definitely loves attention so I see where you're coming from but I also can't imagine her risking a potential engagement and marriage (we all know that's all she was thinking about before their "anniversary" aka when he dumped her) to chase dick, unless she was somehow deluded enough to think that Joe was lucky to be dating her, when it's quite the opposite. Then again, this is Elle we're talking about so all common sense probably goes out the window.

I have been wondering if she over buys for her hauls, links it all and showcases it for extra hits for revenue and then returns a lot of it. I feel like we don't even see half the tit she hauls again.

Also, how the hell do you get it SO WRONG with thinking a proposal is in the works and having your man legit walk out in the middle of a bleeping work week?! She has no self awareness whatsoever. I would pay to hear what Joe has to say about her. Too bad that person that came across him on hinge a while ago didn't go out with him and get the deets.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
I’ve also wondered if she overbuys for her videos. I think it could happen to some extent. But I also think she genuinely just has a shopping addiction. Notice that she usually has a way of “justifying” her purchases. To me, that is the sign of an addict. Added to this is the fact that she often seems maniac in her haul videos. She clearly gets a huge high from shopping. It also doesn’t help that her followers comment on how what good taste she has and how beautiful everything she buys is. Such validation, which we know she is hungry for, likely makes her keep a lot of what she buys.

It is Elle's mom is dumb enough to buy her 30+ year old daughter handbags I doubt she's smart enough to set up a trust fund. The few trust fund babies I knew were very frugal and so were their parents even if their trust funds were 5 million -10 million

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.