Elle Florence #2 Serendipitously scamming and squatting in Seattle

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is it weird that I just don’t consider Elle a trustworthy or genuine person? That there’s a vapid, insipid, egotistical way she presents her brand so that she can pander to her audience while doing the bare minimum?
I was reading up on virtue signalling earlier to get a better understanding of it...I feel like this (Elle's response) might be a good example of that??

Reactions: 4
are we really supposed to believe she returned dresses to Reformation bc she was so outraged by their treatment of their black employees?? I think that would require morals, which Elle lacks. She never takes any sort of stance on anything, even her own post about BLM was some bs and her shifting accountability to everyone else. The only reason she pulled the video and mentions returning things is because people will (rightfully) call her ass out and she already can't take criticism or keep followers for that matter.

Reactions: 10
She DEFINITELY returned the items she could get her money back for. She won’t be able to tag them in pics or link to them in OOTD videos, thereby making them useless to her. So in the interest of thinking about herself, she’s going to get whatever money back from Reformation that she can, to funnel into another capsule wardrobe. And she gets the added benefit of seeming like a caring person for doing it, when she’s really just thinking about her next cleavage-baring dress from Nordstrom.

I don’t think she cares about Black people as much as she portrays, nor is she really “virtue signaling”. She’s doing it because her few remaining followers called her out. She never would have taken those meager actions had they not. But I don’t think she’s even trying to be morally superior (the goal of virtue signaling — it might even be worth a laugh to see her try to act superior in this case, but she’s really done NOTHING, so she can’t even feign that), she’s really just doing it because people told her to, and she can’t afford to lose those last few subscribers. She doesn’t care about the direction of the movement, she just cares about what people think of her.

Reactions: 9
She DEFINITELY returned the items she could get her money back for. She won’t be able to tag them in pics or link to them in OOTD videos, thereby making them useless to her. So in the interest of thinking about herself, she’s going to get whatever money back from Reformation that she can, to funnel into another capsule wardrobe. And she gets the added benefit of seeming like a caring person for doing it, when she’s really just thinking about her next cleavage-baring dress from Nordstrom.

I don’t think she cares about Black people as much as she portrays, nor is she really “virtue signaling”. She’s doing it because her few remaining followers called her out. She never would have taken those meager actions had they not. But I don’t think she’s even trying to be morally superior (the goal of virtue signaling — it might even be worth a laugh to see her try to act superior in this case, but she’s really done NOTHING, so she can’t even feign that), she’s really just doing it because people told her to, and she can’t afford to lose those last few subscribers. She doesn’t care about the direction of the movement, she just cares about what people think of her.
Spot on! The only thing Elle is upset about right now is that covid is limiting her time in the mall and that these social issues are taking precedence over her videos. I'm betting the reason she isn't uploading is because 1) She has no new content at the moment 2) she knows people are less likely to watch her videos at the moment because of what's going on.
Eleanor is very calculating - "oh I just didn't feel it was right to post videos with what's going on", when in reality it's all about those number of views.

Her life is just so embarrassing and far from enviable. No job or aspirations, money from mommy, constant shopping, string of breakups within short span all initiated by the men...yeah something is very wrong with Eleanor and she refuses to get help. It's like she's living in her own fairytale world where she's the princess but everyone else sees reality and is snickering.

Reactions: 12
Spot on! The only thing Elle is upset about right now is that covid is limiting her time in the mall and that these social issues are taking precedence over her videos. I'm betting the reason she isn't uploading is because 1) She has no new content at the moment 2) she knows people are less likely to watch her videos at the moment because of what's going on.
Eleanor is very calculating - "oh I just didn't feel it was right to post videos with what's going on", when in reality it's all about those number of views.

Her life is just so embarrassing and far from enviable. No job or aspirations, money from mommy, constant shopping, string of breakups within short span all initiated by the men...yeah something is very wrong with Eleanor and she refuses to get help. It's like she's living in her own fairytale world where she's the princess but everyone else sees reality and is snickering.
She's the Emperor, but instead of being naked she's just lacking a moral compass and a genuine bone in her body. Trust me Eleanor, WE see it.

And I wish she'd get the memo that just because she owns a spice rack, knows her way around a spatula and started a food blog doesn't mean she's good wife material.

Reactions: 7
Hi Everyone,

Catching up on Elle videos. Okay let me get this straight. Elle doesn't currently have a full time job but in her vlog: "Making a Star Chain Necklace & Giveaway" at 46:00 mark she mentions she's saving up for the anniversary sale at Nordstrom. Then in her next Reformation haul vlog (which she took down) she's showing us a haul of numerous $'s spent on online shopping. I understand based on her IG comment that she returned the unworn outfits but the point I'm trying to make is...when I'm saving up for a shopping splurge at Nordstrom or somewhere like The Bay (Canadian Department Store) I save up for months and don't buy anything - that's what saving is.

Reactions: 5
Do you think she'll actually return the dresses? I bet you she will continue to shop reformation
She will. She likes to think she’s this hip, willowy model type but in actuality she a frumpy, stumpy troll (body type and personality wise).

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Hi Everyone,

Catching up on Elle videos. Okay let me get this straight. Elle doesn't currently have a full time job but in her vlog: "Making a Star Chain Necklace & Giveaway" at 46:00 mark she mentions she's saving up for the anniversary sale at Nordstrom. Then in her next Reformation haul vlog (which she took down) she's showing us a haul of numerous $'s spent on online shopping. I understand based on her IG comment that she returned the unworn outfits but the point I'm trying to make is...when I'm saving up for a shopping splurge at Nordstrom or somewhere like The Bay (Canadian Department Store) I save up for months and don't buy anything - that's what saving is.
She thinks it makes her more relatable to say she's saving like the rest of us peasants than to say "when I get to smash open my trust piggy again" 😂

Reactions: 2

I think this is spot on about the linking and getting a commission from Reformation, and the probable backlash if she didn't remove it.

I also agree that Elle doesn't really care about appearing virtuous or not, but it's all about the subscribers and what she can get off them to benefit herself.

Reactions: 3
I think this is spot on about the linking and getting a commission from Reformation, and the probable backlash if she didn't remove it.

I also agree that Elle doesn't really care about appearing virtuous or not, but it's all about the subscribers and what she can get off them to benefit herself.
Elle deleted that IG comment wtf. She’s really doing herself a disservice by saying “I’m sorry if my post seems clumsy” or “It’s hard trying to find the right words to say.” Like gtfo is it that hard to admit that you just haven’t had to deal with issues of racism at all in your life? That you don’t understand at all because you admit you have privilege? She has a weird way of saying empty words and being praised for it.

Reactions: 6
Elle deleted that IG comment wtf. She’s really doing herself a disservice by saying “I’m sorry if my post seems clumsy” or “It’s hard trying to find the right words to say.” Like gtfo is it that hard to admit that you just haven’t had to deal with issues of racism at all in your life? That you don’t understand at all because you admit you have privilege? She has a weird way of saying empty words and being praised for it.
I would bet money Elle has never spoken to a POC

Reactions: 5
Also I think she’s hiding old videos because she doesn’t want us going through the trouble of digging up more dirt on her 😂 in addition to having potential special someone #n find something she’d rather keep hidden

Reactions: 8
Also I think she’s hiding old videos because she doesn’t want us going through the trouble of digging up more dirt on her 😂 in addition to having potential special someone #n find something she’d rather keep hidden
No man with even half a brain would go near her

Reactions: 3

That look your boyfriend gives you when he knows he's dumping you and kicking you out in a few days, and you've just reminded him your anniversary is coming up.

Despite everything, I feel her pain being dumped like that. tit was brutal.

• Haha
Reactions: 15

That look your boyfriend gives you when he knows he's dumping you and kicking you out in a few days, and you've just reminded him your anniversary is coming up.

Despite everything, I feel her pain being dumped like that. tit was brutal.
I personally love that she got broken up like this. It honestly serves her right. She is so ridiculously tone deaf when it comes to her relationships. Like, girl, it was clear to us--strangers--that he hated being in your videos. He cringed every time you flung the camera in his face. LEARN HOW TO READ A ROOM, witch. It reeks of the self-importance she feels just like when she walked right into the mall without even looking behind her and left the random poor clueless guy behind her in the dust. It's Elle's world; we just live in it.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.