Elle Florence #17 Unplanned pregnancymas: A #girlboss guide to creating a life you want to hide

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Could it have been something second hand like this?

The problem is that Ricky is famously frugal. At 40 he still lived like a college freshman - he had a tv stand fashioned out of wine boxes and most 'beds' in his house were mattresses with no frames. So it's hard to believe somebody like that would spend an amount probably equal to his total life savings on an engagement ring.

Reactions: 14
Seriously, was there even time during that ill-fated "whirlwind romance" for a "custom" ring to be designed and created? Why was "8" a magic number for them? Because it was the length, in months, of their entire relationship? Gawd, she is so ridiculous.
8 diamonds isn’t even a custom feature. On the Tiffany’s website the ring comes with 8 diamonds on each side. I think custom meant it was made by a jeweller to look like the Tiffany’s ring but was not actually a Tiffany’s ring. Rick and Elle probably had a custom made replica. The center also could have been another stone and not diamond to save money. It definitely was not as bright as a diamond would be. If it was Tiffany’s she would have definitely posted a picture with the ring sitting in the Tiffany’s box.

Let’s see if she ever gets her custom engagement ring from Mr Fisherman which Tiffany’s style she copies next.

Maybe she will go with something timeless like a 3 stone and do only a diamond in the center to save money and express her creativity and love of gemstones.

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 8
If Eric isn't planning on spending big but Elle wants a 3 stone ring style, I imagine that a gemstone center with white sapphire sides would be doable. Naturally, Elle would pass off the sapphires as diamonds.
8 diamonds isn’t even a custom feature. On the Tiffany’s website the ring comes with 8 diamonds on each side. I think custom meant it was made by a jeweller to look like the Tiffany’s ring but was not actually a Tiffany’s ring. Rick and Elle probably had a custom made replica. The center also could have been another stone and not diamond to save money. It definitely was not as bright as a diamond would be. If it was Tiffany’s she would have definitely posted a picture with the ring sitting in the Tiffany’s box.

Let’s see if she ever gets her custom engagement ring from Mr Fisherman which Tiffany’s style she copies next.

Maybe she will go with something timeless like a 3 stone and do only a diamond in the center to save money and express her creativity and love of gemstones.

Reactions: 7
I actually would be interested in seeing her wedding planning as a pregnant lady. It's really a pity she doesn't make interesting videos. Not that I don't find her annoying (I do), but it would be cool to see something other than "this is what I eat *chokes on phlegm* and this is what I buy."

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I actually would be interested in seeing her wedding planning as a pregnant lady. It's really a pity she doesn't make interesting videos. Not that I don't find her annoying (I do), but it would be cool to see something other than "this is what I eat *chokes on phlegm* and this is what I buy."
It would increase audience viewership but she never vlogs relationship related content that isn't brag worthy. If she had a brag-worthy guy who wanted to keep stuff private, she'd at least vlog her gifts and adventures when he isn't in the room.

Last edited:
It would increase audience viewership but she never vlogs relationship related content that isn't brag worthy. If she had a brag-worthy guy who wanted to keep stuff private, she'd at least vlog her gifts and adventures when he isn't in the room.
Yeah she got amazing views on her girlboss breakup video. Of course a lot of that was to get the gossip but a lot of people left comments praising how open and vulnerable and real she was. I liked seeing the human inside the perfect girlboss facade. Too bad she immediately went back to unboxing and shopping lists and luxury boarding.

A jeweler told me how one of her client-couples designed the e ring together after getting engaged, so i buy Elle's excuse.

I wonder if baby daddy would have proposed had the bun not been baking in the oven 🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 3
A jeweler told me how one of her client-couples designed the e ring together after getting engaged, so i buy Elle's excuse.

I wonder if baby daddy would have proposed had the bun not been baking in the oven 🤔
Oh no, it's common for sure. But I guarantee he only proposed because of the baby.

Reactions: 7
It looks like Tiffany yellow diamond rings aren't that expensive secondhand. Starts at $4k+. I mean Joe's diamond tennis bracelet cost more than that. I think Elle's engagement ring (the only one so far!) is/was really from Tiffany. Via pawnshop! (Or secondhand, consignment or estate jeweler 😀)

Could it have been something second hand like this?

The problem is that Ricky is famously frugal. At 40 he still lived like a college freshman - he had a tv stand fashioned out of wine boxes and most 'beds' in his house were mattresses with no frames. So it's hard to believe somebody like that would spend an amount probably equal to his total life savings on an engagement ring.

Reactions: 4
But I guarantee he only proposed because of the baby.
Are there people who actually think he was thinking about marriage and the baby just sped it up?

They were dating for less than two years, not living together, and it's not even clear if his family has met Elle. Nothing about that, to me, says marriage was on the horizon.

Reactions: 5
It turns out Elle and Fisherman were living together before they moved into their current house. He even changed his voter registration to update his address. That's a pretty solid sign of commitment imo.

Drastications:
Elle and fisherman have been living together longer than just this new move. If you look him up in WA state voter records he was listed as being registered on Bainbridge Island.
Also when you're older like Fisherman, you know what you want and things can move fast. Add to that the pandemic when we all spent a lot of time with our core group of people and avoided strangers, I can see how Elle and her baby daddy's relationship was condensed and fast tracked (towards the aisle before a "bump" appeared).

Are there people who actually think he was thinking about marriage and the baby just sped it up?

They were dating for less than two years, not living together, and it's not even clear if his family has met Elle. Nothing about that, to me, says marriage was on the horizon.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
Also when you're older like Fisherman, you know what you want and things can move fast. Add to that the pandemic when we all spent a lot of time with our core group of people and avoided strangers, I can see how Elle and her baby daddy's relationship was condensed and fast tracked (towards the aisle before a "bump" appeared).
Totally possible. We know Elle has a terrible track record with relationships (getting engaged to Rick after knowing him five months 🙄) and maybe fisherman is just as bad.

Maybe I'm old school but I think it's very odd to marry someone after knowing them, what, a year and a half? Fisherman being in his 40s should mean he's even more cautious! What's the rush? Oh wait... the baby.

Reactions: 5
Is that what we call ring resizing nowadays? 🤭But joking aside, that the ring is supposedly "custom" basically proves that it was bought secondhand. Elle and Rick got engaged so quickly that no way did Rick have time to call his regular sales associate at Tiffany's🙄🤭 and custom order a ring. 💨 🔫

But it was CuStoMmmMmmMmM!!!!
(Nothing wrong with buying jewelry secondhand! Even your engagement ring! Just don't brag weird things like that it's custom --whatever that even means really-- when you can see on the Tiffany website that 8 diamonds on either shoulder of the shank is a standard feature of the line)

Last edited:
  • Haha
Elle, the jeweler, called the shanks "the sides." I will never forget that lol.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I just can't believe she had to say "8 is a special number to us" like sorry but what? Maybe I'm weird but my partner and I don't have a special number together. Sounds like a highschool relationship kind of comment .

• Haha
But it was CuStoMmmMmmMmM!!!!
Right. I was custom made for someone else. Someone who owned it before she did.

NOTHING wrong with buying second hand jewelry. Much better from an ethical standpoint than buying new ( mining for diamonds and gold is yet another human activity that is destroying the environment and people's lives.) But WHY does she have to LIE about everything ? If it was pre-owned, just own it and brag about how you are helping the planet by buying second hand. Or call it "vintage".

Reactions: 12
I just can't believe she had to say "8 is a special number to us" like sorry but what? Maybe I'm weird but my partner and I don't have a special number together. Sounds like a highschool relationship kind of comment .
She has to make everything special and unique. It's like her justification for putting fruit on waffles (Belgian heritage). It's what a 7 year old child would say.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
She seems to have an adolescent mentality with all her romantic relationships. She really cannot see how much she’s treating them like her surrogate “daddy”. 🤣🤣🤣 Doesn’t help that her current man Fishy is older than she is.

I have to wonder what kind of conversations she has with the guys she’s with. Probably lots of baby talk on her end with a couple superficial platitudes and cerebral topics. 🤣🤣🤣 I can’t imagine her and Fishy just sitting in the living room for hours without saying anything and being comfortable with that. I don’t think I’ve ever seen her treat any of her partners like her best friend, rather it’s just some dude she clings on to and has an unhealthy attachment with.

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.