Elle Florence #16 Fisherman Did Well. Forever Linked to Elle. Can't Unring That Bell

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I didn't mean conservative in a political sense, as in going to church and obsessing over 'family values' šŸ¤®šŸ¤®šŸ¤®. I meant more in the philosophical sense, in that she is quite risk-averse and seems to have very traditional values. For example, she always talks about feminine dressing and being 'classy' and seems to stick to traditional gender roles (she would always cook while Joe would pay the rent). Not a criticism, just an observation. I would never describe Elle as dynamic or innovative or progressive in any way.
Agreed, the only politically conservative stance sheā€™s ever held was being anti-vaxxā€¦which shouldnā€™t even be a political issue but I digress. And I think the only reason she cared about that was because of Fishy, whom Iā€™m pretty sure falls in that spectrum, along with his family. Otherwise sheā€™s a fussy Stepford wife wannabe.

I also never got the impression Elle looked at Ginetteā€™s single mom situation as the gold standard to live life. Elle has always been desperate to find a man to sink her claws into and marry and acted like a little girl when she was around her boyfriends. Elle (inadvertently) following her motherā€™s footsteps isnā€™t so much that she wants to raise a baby on her own, she wants to have that little family and husband and this was her way of getting that.

If she were an independent girlboss like she said she was, sheā€™d just freeze her eggs and go to the sperm bank. Or adopt. Honestly these options sound way better than what she just did, but it shows where her mindset is. šŸ™„

Reactions: 10
Baby name idea: Peisha

Also I can totally see Elle, Grandma G and baby doing this lol

At 1:33

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
Does she still have the Alpha Romero or whatever it is? Iā€™m just imagining a baby in the back of thatā€¦
Oh yes she still has serpentino with the white leatheeeerā€¦soon to be brownish-white with baby Lou-Lou (Louise-DestinĆ©e-Vuitton) pooping and spitting all over it! Good luck Elle!

• Haha
Joe said it on camera. I think it was a vlogmas video with Elle announcing the "big news" that she and Joe were moving in.
Wait, so Joe actually said "we are moving too fast, moving in together"? That seems unlikely. Maybe he said they were "moving fast", which is quite different. They dated for a year before moving in together, which seems reasonable for two people who are serious. It seems like whenever they move in together, Elle's boyfriends flee. Or in the case of Rick and Chris, they evict her.

Reactions: 3
I wonder where they have moved to? To you think they live in proper Seattle now or did she move next door on the island :unsure:
Hopefully he has actually moved in with her bc that would be a nice sign that he is in for the long haul.

Reactions: 5
I wonder where they have moved to? To you think they live in proper Seattle now or did she move next door on the island :unsure:
Hopefully he has actually moved in with her bc that would be a nice sign that he is in for the long haul.
I would wager they were not living together before Elle peed the plus sign. He probably spent a lot of time sleeping at her place in Bainbridge but also kept his place in Kirkland. Thats a haul to get between those locations. It makes her and Joe living on the oopposite sides of downtown from one another seem like small potatoes.

So, once Elle was pregnant, they probably decided to move her in to his place that he probably owns. Hence the Yeti sticker on the door of the nursery which probably had a former life as his spare room/home office/video game room or something. Not any more, Fisherman. Make room for baby.

Almost every post in this thread has kind of echoed this idea but I gotta say it again . . . What are you thinking Elle? Move into Chris' loft/get thrown out, move into an expensive rental with Joe/He runs for the hills, move into Ricks' suburban tract home/lord knows what happened but you had to flee in the middle of the night. Do you really think the baby is the answer and things are going to work out all hunky dory this time because he CAN'T kick you out?

Reactions: 15
It is weird that she didn't dedicate a video or IG post to announce she is pregnant. She looked excited but I am sure she is hiding something, probably something to do with their relationship being rocky. Everything about her video was odd. I don't know anyone who purchased a glider by that point in pregnancy. She probably started a baby wishlist as soon as she secretly went off of the pill.

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
Almost every post in this thread has kind of echoed this idea but I gotta say it again . . . What are you thinking Elle? Move into Chris' loft/get thrown out, move into an expensive rental with Joe/He runs for the hills, move into Ricks' suburban tract home/lord knows what happened but you had to flee in the middle of the night. Do you really think the baby is the answer and things are going to work out all hunky dory this time because he CAN'T kick you out?
It's really scary because there is a child involved. Elle has poor life/emotional/decision making skills (moving to another country after knowing the guy a few months, not seeing the Joe breakup coming, not having any savings, etc) and she's probably thinking the fisherman will marry her and they will live happily ever after just because she's pregnant. Newsflash, people get divorced even when they have kids! Maybe he isn't who she thinks he is and won't propose. I just shake my head at people who think a child suddenly smooths over everything. You need to be in a good place in your life before bringing one into the world.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
If they weren't even living together before she got pregnant...that makes it even worse. However she justifies it in her mind, she wanted that baby at least in part to try to force him to be unable to leave her. It's hard to believe she actually thinks having a baby will make everything all better. I know tons of people who broke up within a year of having a baby. If you have any cracks in your relationship, having an infant will destroy it.

Reactions: 11
I checked, Elle made the apt reveal video in april. They started dating around spring/summer the year before. If my memory is correct they decided to move in the dec/vlogmas of the same year they met. So they had been dating less than year before they decided to move in.

Joe was narrating his thought process and basically said moving in together was too big of a step too soon but he said things were going great so what's there to be so cautious about and just go for it, basically. (my words not his)

Reactions: 6
Joe was narrating his thought process and basically said moving in together was too big of a step too soon but he said things were going great so what's there to be so cautious about and just go for it, basically. (my words not his)
You were SOOOOOOOO close Elle. All you had to do was cut back the shopping to normal human levels and make sure he had some space of his own in the apartment. That's about it. All the disasters that you created after this point could have been averted.

• Haha
I seem to remember her saying ā€œwe movedā€ and I took that to mean she and fisherman moved into a new house. Maybe she meant her and the cats?

Reactions: 6
I seem to remember her saying ā€œwe movedā€ and I took that to mean she and fisherman moved into a new house. Maybe she meant her and the cats?
Does make me wonder if she meant her and her mom? Or her and the baby she's growing? Why else would her partner be sending flowers and need a call from the clinic if he was living there?

Reactions: 8
Does make me wonder if she meant her and her mom? Or her and the baby she's growing? Why else would her partner be sending flowers and need a call from the clinic if he was living there?
You're right. All this cloak and dagger mysteriousness is strange.

I do think it's strange she said partner instead of boyfriend...I bet that baby registry is already online:unsure:

Reactions: 4
I feel sad kinda for her. Sheā€™s not even that old and has time to sort out her emotional problems. find someone with whom sheā€™s legitimately compatible and settle down/start a family. She went to such an extreme and permanent measure trying to lock fishy down.

Can you imagine the fanfare that wouldā€™ve ensued if she were married to someone like joe or Chris and got pregnant? She wouldā€™ve totally made a huge stink about it and done dedicated pregnancy announcement and gender reveal videos.

Idk guys this is all just so weird and I donā€™t know what to think of it šŸ˜‚ I just canā€™t imagine selfish smelle being a mom, at all.

Reactions: 11
It is just like when she got engaged she was all cagey about it for a while. She def didn't make a big of a fuss as I expected about the ring the proposal, or the wedding dress search. But at least she posted a photo to her insta.

This didn't even warrant an insta post. Also I think she isn't as far along as she was suggesting. Esp if she just found out after seeing the new Jurassic Park that movie has only been out maybe 6 weeks? Makes me think she just turned 12 weeks and that's why she waited to post her nordstrom/weird baby announcement. Which means she's got about 28 weeks left which is 7 months so that would put her due date about Feb 3rd.

Actually sorry too late I can't edit it. But I think she turned 12 weeks on Monday. And that's why the video was late she was at the physicians office and didn't get to record until late. So that would be Jan 30th. But even if she was 8 weeks when she found out that's still middle of Jan due date.

Last edited:
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.