Elle Florence #16 Fisherman Did Well. Forever Linked to Elle. Can't Unring That Bell

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She hid her LinkedIn profile a while back. Do you guys think it’s because she wants to hide the fact that she wasn’t actually a practicing lawyer in Canada from potential clients, employers…and perhaps her baby daddy? I’m sure she concocted quite the tall tale about her illustrious career in Vancouver :p
I mean she did lie on her Linked in. She listed herself as in house counsel but didn't properly link MFDA but she managed to link other places correctly

. I also looked at actual MFDA employees who were lawyers with law related jobs with MFDA and none of them used the title in house counsel. So I think she made that up/took a title other companies use. Every title I list on my linked in is the actual job title I was hired under/that shows up in my work profile that is visible internally and matches the titles of all my co-workers who do the same job as me. To me there is no use lying about that bc when they call your old job for references or to check employment status HR will list your job based on how it shows up in their system. You can definitely fluff up your actual job duties and tailor them to the position you are looking for, but I don't think defined job titles like that should be given a more creative name.

But I 1000 percent think Elle took the bar solely to make her self look better for eric fisherman (or other men) so she could trap him. She could easily say "I expected to go back to work but I miss our child so much so I'm quitting" and it isn't like he could tell her she's lying

Reactions: 11
She really is, it’s uncanny. Both grifters who moved to another country and coincidentally got preggers. Past is prologue

Reactions: 8
She really is, it’s uncanny. Both grifters who moved to another country and coincidentally got preggers. Past is prologue
Which is so ironic because she seemed to always value getting married and having a nuclear family. I'm not old-fashioned and I completely understand that many people have children before getting married. Yet it's not like she has been in a relationship with fisherman for years and years. They only very recently moved in together! Joe dumped her a year after living together and Chris only after a few months. Now she's adding a baby to the mix and somehow thinks this will all end well.

Elle is old fashioned and quite conservative so I know she is likely embarrassed about having a baby out of wedlock without being engaged. Just like her quick engagement to Rick, nothing about her actions are appropriate for someone who claims to be a girlboss.

Which is so ironic because she seemed to always value getting married and having a nuclear family. I'm not old-fashioned and I completely understand that many people have children before getting married. Yet it's not like she has been in a relationship with fisherman for years and years. They only very recently moved in together! Joe dumped her a year after living together and Chris only after a few months. Now she's adding a baby to the mix and somehow thinks this will all end well.

Elle is old fashioned and quite conservative so I know she is likely embarrassed about having a baby out of wedlock without being engaged. Just like her quick engagement to Rick, nothing about her actions are appropriate for someone who claims to be a girlboss.
To be fair she tried like HELL to go the married first/nuclear family route for years.

I think after long enough of Fisherman not coughing up the ring, she was faced with two options; ending the relationship and finding a partner who was also interested in getting married and starting a family right away, or trapping the man she already had with a baby.

Good choice Elle . . . .

• Sad
I wonder how long this relationship will last? I don’t think Elle’s dad was around when Ginette was pregnant. Or maybe he was, but Elle didn’t seem to suggest he was around by the time she was born.

Does she really think that this baby will be the glue to their relationship? Just because you are having someone’s baby doesn’t mean he will love you forever. You’re just bound to each other in the worst way possible.

Reactions: 7
Elle doesn't strike me as conservative. Her parents weren't (ever?) married themselves. She was raised by a single mom. She's never mentioned going to church or participating in organized religion. She moves in with boyfriends super fast. Even Joe admitted that when Elle brought up moving in together, he thought at first it was going too fast.

What she is is vain. She wants to look like she's winning in life and make sure people know it. She wants the bougee lifestyle, the trophy apartment, the elite private members club membership, the trophy boyfriend/husband/"her daddy", the big white "clawsic" wedding, the trophy children. She'll sneer at popular things because she has a superiority complex (eg Barefoot Dreams sorta, microwaves, etc). But when enough of her subscribers make a comment about her bad attitude, she'll backtrack because she craves their admiration.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I wonder how long this relationship will last? I don’t think Elle’s dad was around when Ginette was pregnant. Or maybe he was, but Elle didn’t seem to suggest he was around by the time she was born.

Does she really think that this baby will be the glue to their relationship? Just because you are having someone’s baby doesn’t mean he will love you forever. You’re just bound to each other in the worst way possible.
i dont know of a single example of when a "save the relationship " baby ever worked. Everyone I know of it has just delayed the inevitable and made everyone else more miserable.

• Heart
Does she still have the Alpha Romero or whatever it is? I’m just imagining a baby in the back of that…

• Haha
I think he knows he probably got got, but what can he do about it at this point? He can't prove it. He's going to be a father and he might as well get excited about that. He may not have wanted it, but it's going to happen and hopefully he will find love for his child.

There are steps he could have taken on his own to prevent this if he absolutely did not want a child with Elle. Like she would have left him if he insisted on using a condom or got a vesectomy after stashing some supplies on ice?

But once the kid is born, keeping them up at night, costing most of his disposable income and cancelling all his fishing trips, that thought in the back of his mind that maybe he got got, that anger is going to turn into some serious resentment, and that is probably going to be directed straight at girlboss. Ugh.

And mind you, all of that is if Elle ends up in her best case scenario and he sticks around. What a crappy mess this is, Elle.

Reactions: 12
Elle doesn't strike me as conservative. Her parents weren't (ever?) married themselves. She was raised by a single mom. She's never mentioned going to church or participating in organized religion. She moves in with boyfriends super fast. Even Joe admitted that when Elle brought up moving in together, he thought at first it was going too fast.
I didn't mean conservative in a political sense, as in going to church and obsessing over 'family values' 🤮🤮🤮. I meant more in the philosophical sense, in that she is quite risk-averse and seems to have very traditional values. For example, she always talks about feminine dressing and being 'classy' and seems to stick to traditional gender roles (she would always cook while Joe would pay the rent). Not a criticism, just an observation. I would never describe Elle as dynamic or innovative or progressive in any way.

• Heart
Reactions: 9

What she is is vain. She wants to look like she's winning in life and make sure people know it. She wants the bougee lifestyle, the trophy apartment, the elite private members club membership, the trophy boyfriend/husband/"her daddy", the big white "clawsic" wedding, the trophy children. She'll sneer at popular things because she has a superiority complex (eg Barefoot Dreams sorta, microwaves, etc). But when enough of her subscribers make a comment about her bad attitude, she'll backtrack because she craves their admiration.

Wait, how do you know that Joe admitted to "things moving too fast"? Did Elle mention that in a video sometime before the breakup?

Reactions: 5

How did I miss this gem 🤣
OMG the way she looked at the guy in the video…especially at the beginning… if I didn’t know who she is I would have thought she is his smitten little girlfriend who might lean over and kiss him any second

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
OMG the way she looked at the guy in the video…especially at the beginning… if I didn’t know who she is I would have thought she is his smitten little girlfriend who might lean over and kiss him any second
LOL there is a certain Rick 'luff of my life' video vibe to the two of them on that couch.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I don't have actual guesses for baby names but maybe it'll be similarly formal and old-fashioned like mother dearest own name. Something European that she can nitpick people's pronunciation of like Eugenie. (And pronounce five different ways herself!) Or something bizarre sentimental and childish like Foufou. Joke!

Joe said it on camera. I think it was a vlogmas video with Elle announcing the "big news" that she and Joe were moving in. Joe back then was still comfortable being featured in the vlogs and he even made a gag haul of things he bought at london drugs or something in another vlogmas video.

Wait, how do you know that Joe admitted to "things moving too fast"? Did Elle mention that in a video sometime before the breakup?

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
Wonder if Elle tried it on with Magic links guy? I'm sure he's rolling in cash now. She certainly is looking at him adoringly. This was right around the time she started dating Rick too right? Maybe she was playing the field before he proposed

Elle is cute here. But she needs to face the camera instead of him. Even after her surgery her profile is not great. Wouldn't normally care if someone profile was weak, but for someone as vain as Elle is I'm going to point it out.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.