Elle Florence #12 Fumbling Towards Mediocrity: Elle, Her Cats, and the Quest for Mr. Next

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Smelle, half a year after he moves in, you can stop pretending you like to fish. Remember how nice it felt when you could finally stop fooling Joe that you're into sports and focus on shopping instead? šŸ˜‰

• Haha
Reactions: 14
For one, I don't believe much of what she says, but also, has she even met her father? Any French person would most definitely laugh at her if she mentioned being French, of French origin, or even "European". I wonder if she's ever met a French person before, I'd almost pay to see it.
I think you understood the joke now.

Reactions: 8
8B90EBEA-9B0A-42FA-97C7-AC0744C1BDF9.jpeg

Omg. The fact that she called her OWN website a ā€œconā€. I canā€™t even catch my breath right now, Iā€™m laughing so hard.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Her estranged father is French, and if you know Elle, youā€™ll know thatā€™s a very important distinction.šŸ˜…
Is he French or French-speaking Swiss? (Or a Frenchman living in Switzerland?)

When I first started watching her, I thought maybe she was Russian/Eastern European because of her garish "classy but trashy" style.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I think you understood the joke now.
bit condescending...

When I first started watching her, I thought maybe she was Russian/Eastern European because of her garish "classy but trashy" style.
Don't think she's very Russian looking (andSwitzerland is not exactly Eastern Europe ;) ). To be honest, she just looks like plenty of people with money + bad taste + ego.
She said a few times her mother is Belgian but I don't remember her talking about herr dad, so I have no idea where he is froom.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Do you guys think she'll move in with this guy before she gets a ring? I feel like she "learned a lesson" from Joe and Chris that she shouldn't move in with a guy unless she has a ring. (Personally I think that was the wrong lesson, she's just flat out selfish and annoying and that doesn't have to do with when she starts living with a guy IMO).

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Do you guys think she'll move in with this guy before she gets a ring? I feel like she "learned a lesson" from Joe and Chris that she shouldn't move in with a guy unless she has a ring. (Personally I think that was the wrong lesson, she's just flat out selfish and annoying and that doesn't have to do with when she starts living with a guy IMO).
Elle?! Learn from her mistakes?! First, sheā€™d have to have some semblance of EQ to recognize that her actions have consequences. Second, she would have to admit (her perspective of) failure to herself. Third, sheā€™d have to be ready to make a change. I donā€™t if Elle is capable of any of those things, let alone ALL of those things. She is a maniac.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Elle?! Learn from her mistakes?! First, sheā€™d have to have some semblance of EQ to recognize that her actions have consequences. Second, she would have to admit (her perspective of) failure to herself. Third, sheā€™d have to be ready to make a change. I donā€™t if Elle is capable of any of those things, let alone ALL of those things. She is a maniac.
THIS! I wouldn't be surprised if she now has her own rule of "I won't live with someone until we are engaged" now. But it has nothing to do with her actually learning. Just more of a she's prob read that advice somewhere and decided "this must be what went wrong with Joe and Chris" and left it at there.

She seems incapable of realizing any of it was actually her fault. So she will just blame everyone else and the only part that was her fault was "moving in without commitment"

• Heart
Reactions: 11

It was a looong time ago that she mentioned this, but he is supposedly a French man living in Switzerland.

Reactions: 6
THIS! I wouldn't be surprised if she now has her own rule of "I won't live with someone until we are engaged" now. But it has nothing to do with her actually learning. Just more of a she's prob read that advice somewhere and decided "this must be what went wrong with Joe and Chris" and left it at there.

She seems incapable of realizing any of it was actually her fault. So she will just blame everyone else and the only part that was her fault was "moving in without commitment"
Even if she gets a ring before he moves in, that doesn't guarantee he'll stick around and they will make it to the wedding day, or he won't have seconds thought right before the ceremony...When it comes to Elle, a ring doesn't make much of a difference - look what happend with Rick.

Time for a new thread ladies (apparently posts start disappearing when the thread is too long). Does anyone know how?

Reactions: 10
Time for a new thread ladies (apparently posts start disappearing when the thread is too long). Does anyone know how?
Never heard of that one.

Chill beans, it's still on post 973.
No need for a new thread until post 1001.

Reactions: 3
I feel like she "learned a lesson" from Joe and Chris that she shouldn't move in with a guy unless she has a ring.
I disagree. Based on the evidence, her lesson learned seems to be to basically stop producing YouTube content and scrub any remnants of her former Vancouver life from the internet. I'm assuming in some attempt to create this narrative that she's a financially independent #girlboss lawyer and so that potential boyfriends don't see her wasteful spending habits, disastrous Florida swamp fiance debacle, and former life in Vancouver complete with baby voice and Dollsā„¢.

I also think living in that townhome her mother pays for is a luxury she isn't keen to give up. It's the first home where she has enough room for her clothing; that's a big deal for Elle!

Her new video is a MESS. Unfocused long shots coupled with B roll of her ankles rolling (6:07) because she's walking in heels in a forest. I can't.

She has absolutely zero fashion sense. She looks like a schoolmarm in everything she wears. It's amazing.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
So like what the hell, is she, Maid Marian pimping choir robes in Sherwood Forest?

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Her new video gives me that strange vibe. As much as I donā€™t like her style, I was worried about her getting robbed the whole time. It seems to me that she shot the entire video by herself (or maybe thereā€™s someone else by her side and I just cannot tell) but I personally would not bring a bunch of jewelry and clothing and heels to a hiking trail and pose/model like a manic. I live on the same side of water in Seattle as she does and people are really nice here but still you will never know. It could just be me being paranoid though.

It also appears that she shot all 5 days in one setting because her hair and makeup did not change at all. Where does she get changed? In her jewel toned Alfa Romeo?

Also, why does she think placing her pearls in the dirt and sitting her scarves on a damp bench would help attract customers? It screams unhygienic to me and a huge turn off.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
That's what I was thinking! How did she film this? Did she get changed in her car? Did she go home between takes and come back? It's such a bizarre setting.

Reactions: 9
Why does she insist on wearing dresses that are ankle length? I am her height and you can't do that unless you want to look stumpy. You need to be much taller to pull that off I think.

What is with her pony tail? Like she can't even wear a pony tail and make it look normal

Also why did she pick a place to shoot this, that looks like a place a lonely women could be murdered? At least last year's collection wasn't in the middle of nowhere. It adds nothing to the "asthetics"

Last edited:
  • Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.