Elle Florence #12 Fumbling Towards Mediocrity: Elle, Her Cats, and the Quest for Mr. Next

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She's looking rough in that Nordstrom video. You would think she would look "well rested" after basically doing nothing for months on end.

She is so insufferable, I can't take how she yaps on and on, using 300 words to explain a single thought.

Also, who needs to buy 2 blankets every year?! What happens to the past year's blankets?! "Well my cats need one UGG blanket, and I need my own."

And again, where is she getting the money to pay for these frivolous purchases? How is she paying for that townhome? It's not like she has a lucrative career as an influencer. Her channel is practically defunct at this point. You've got a lot of explaining to do, Eleanor.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
She's looking rough in that Nordstrom video. You would think she would look "well rested" after basically doing nothing for months on end.

She is so insufferable, I can't take how she yaps on and on, using 300 words to explain a single thought.

Also, who needs to buy 2 blankets every year?! What happens to the past year's blankets?! "Well my cats need one UGG blanket, and I need my own."

And again, where is she getting the money to pay for these frivolous purchases? How is she paying for that townhome? It's not like she has a lucrative career as an influencer. Her channel is practically defunct at this point. You've got a lot of explaining to do, Eleanor.
That's what baffled me? Two new blankets every year? If the cats are shredding them every year with their claws then she should be giving them 5 dollar Ikea blankets.

What I think is more likely is that she just "needs" new things all the time. Which is just really sad an pathetic to me.

Reactions: 15
That's what baffled me? Two new blankets every year? If the cats are shredding them every year with their claws then she should be giving them 5 dollar Ikea blankets.

What I think is more likely is that she just "needs" new things all the time. Which is just really sad an pathetic to me.
Right, she was practically orgasmic when she opened the box from Nordstrom

• Haha
Reactions: 9
How often does she actually wear those lumberjack shirts? She says she loves them but I honestly can't remember actually seeing her wear them :unsure:

Reactions: 12
How often does she actually wear those lumberjack shirts? She says she loves them but I honestly can't remember actually seeing her wear them :unsure:
Once a year when she puts on her high heeled leather booties and tromps around the pumpkin patch of course!

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Once a year when she puts on her high heeled leather booties and tromps around the pumpkin patch of course!
And she’ll apparently wear them for six days staight as she claims to have had six of them in the wash at one time, hence why of course she needs more! Oh, and she got yet another robe. Really, Smealonore? Was that necessary? 🙄 I just can’t with this woman. She’s beyond ridiculous. I mean, what the hell do I know, maybe she makes up for it and way more with the affiliate links so money is not the issue but have a tiny bit of respect for the planet at least? You don’t have to actually buy the items when you already own the same thing already. Just recommending the item will be enough.

• Heart
And she’ll apparently wear them for six days staight as she claims to have had six of them in the wash at one time, hence why of course she needs more! Oh, and she got yet another robe. Really, Smealonore? Was that necessary? 🙄 I just can’t with this woman. She’s beyond ridiculous. I mean, what the hell do I know, maybe she makes up for it and way more with the affiliate links so money is not the issue but have a tiny bit of respect for the planet at least? You don’t have to actually buy the items when you already own the same thing already. Just recommending the item will be enough.
She's a clothes hoarder, plain and simple. If she actually used her existing wardrobe, she'd never have to buy another piece of clothing. Think of any clothing item -- blazers, sundresses, silk shirts, jeans, bras, aprons -- and this woman has at least twenty of each. They aren't even special or unique or different, she just buys and buys and buys. The total lack of self-awareness is staggering, honestly. I sometimes get caught up in the moment and end up buying things I don't need, but if I was unpacking my tenth Ugg blanket or twelfth set of Eberjey PJs I hope I'd have the ability to stop and say "OK, this is crazy. I already have too many of these!"

• Heart
Reactions: 16
She returns 90% of what she shows in her videos. I’ll bet she charges all of her purchases to her Nordstrom cc, films, then returns everything but the candles. 😹

• Haha
She's a clothes hoarder, plain and simple. If she actually used her existing wardrobe, she'd never have to buy another piece of clothing. Think of any clothing item -- blazers, sundresses, silk shirts, jeans, bras, aprons -- and this woman has at least twenty of each. They aren't even special or unique or different, she just buys and buys and buys. The total lack of self-awareness is staggering, honestly. I sometimes get caught up in the moment and end up buying things I don't need, but if I was unpacking my tenth Ugg blanket or twelfth set of Eberjey PJs I hope I'd have the ability to stop and say "OK, this is crazy. I already have too many of these!"

And how is it interesting to her followers to be recommended the same items year after year? Does she expect the Karens to purchase multiples of the same items too?

• Haha
Makes me wonder if she just doesn't do laundry very often? Now that I have my own washer and dryer I do laundry all the time. But when I was in college I'd go a month without doing laundry bc it was a hassle to lug all my stuff to the communal laundry and find quarters etc. I even bought extra clothes and sets of cheap sheets just so I didn't have to do laundry as often (not realizing that it doesn't really save you time bc you have even more to wash) But she's a "working girl boss" surely a working girl boss can manage her laundry.

Reactions: 7
Makes me wonder if she just doesn't do laundry very often?
Considering she once filmed herself washing her cashmere and wool in a kitchen sink, the same sink which held raw meat juice, dairy drippings and dirt from produce, and she once froze her jeans to "clean" them, I hope she outsources her laundry and her home cleaning. Someone so into fashion would know to have a dedicated tub for washing and to use proper detergent for cashmere, not baby shampoo. They'd also know freezing anything won't clean it.

She also used to, in the Joe days, dry the cashmere and wool by draping it over upholstered furniture and doors while it was damp. Isn't it common sense to use a clothes drying rack?!? She just isn't skilled in the domestic realm -- which is fine -- but then claims to be an expert in her videos. Her need to be an expert and skilled at everything is manic and exhausting.

Last edited:
Reactions: 13
It’s terrible of me to make fun of her addiction, but I guess I am terrible. The look on her face when there’s a box from Nordstrom in front of her is something else.

one of my favorite post-Joe moments is when she was in Hawaii during the Rick Xmas and she was opening some handbag her mother bought her. The look in her eyes was manic. After 3 grueling months of either cutting back on her shopping or hiding it from Rick, she was finally getting to open yet another mortgage payment priced purse and it felt soooooo good.

after seeing her face in that vid I knew the marriage was doomed, but I never expected the end was mere days away. A top 10 Elle moment for sure.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Has Smelly ever done a wardrobe clean out? As was said previously, with as much as she buys most people would edit their wardrobes at some point. Just because something was fashionable or in her opinion “high quality” (hearing her say this constantly as a justification makes me SO ragey) doesn’t mean you should keep it for ever! And saying it’s a knitwear “collection” or a lululemon “collection” just means your being a tricky hoarder!

Reactions: 9
Has Smelly ever done a wardrobe clean out? As was said previously, with as much as she buys most people would edit their wardrobes at some point. Just because something was fashionable or in her opinion “high quality” (hearing her say this constantly as a justification makes me SO ragey) doesn’t mean you should keep it for ever! And saying it’s a knitwear “collection” or a lululemon “collection” just means your being a tricky hoarder!
She did once and then tried to sell her stuff on Instagram all stained, wrinkled, and covered in cat fur for pretty much full retail price. She might even still have the Instagram account up, it was called Elle’s closet or something like that. I remember people calling her out on guru gossip for this Stella McCartney blue coat she posted with makeup stains on the collar, trying to selling for more than the current sale price of a brand new one online.

• Sick
Reactions: 11

Attachments

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 8
Her makeup is atrocious. The heavy cake foundation, the red lips and the dark hair - it's very Deeta Von Teese looking. She's in her early 30s - she should really go for a more natural look.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.