Elle Florence #12 Fumbling Towards Mediocrity: Elle, Her Cats, and the Quest for Mr. Next

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't get people who are willing to marry every person who comes along and claim they are the one. Next, next, next.

Reactions: 4
Yeah Elle's in it to tick a box and show the mean girls they were wrong. She's going to call any man willing to marry her the 'love of her life.'

Problem is she also realized (compliments of Rick) that she can't be happy without her addiction being funded, or at the very least, allowed. That's going to make it pretty hard to find a man both willing to wife her up and enable the addiction.

Seriously, watch some old girlboss vlogs with a calculator. She can chew through $5000 in a month on stuff she doesn't need.

Reactions: 13
Yeah Elle's in it to tick a box and show the mean girls they were wrong. She's going to call any man willing to marry her the 'love of her life.'

Problem is she also realized (compliments of Rick) that she can't be happy without her addiction being funded, or at the very least, allowed. That's going to make it pretty hard to find a man both willing to wife her up and enable the addiction.

Seriously, watch some old girlboss vlogs with a calculator. She can chew through $5000 in a month on stuff she doesn't need.
Also, when she moved to Florida, her boring side must have been exposed to Ricky. When they were dating long distance, she had her full time cubicle job, some weekend lunches with The Dolls™, lunchtime Nordstrom-mania, evening spent stringing pearls and online shopping, so he was probably very impressed with what a busybody she is. When she got to Florida and had no job, plus her wares weren't selling well because even her most faithful Karen minions were taken aback by the radio silence followed by a surprise move to another country, suddenly she had lots of time on her hands and a lot less disposable income to shop, shop, shop. Although that meant plenty of time to listen to Ricky's word salad lectures 🤔

Reactions: 8
I think in Elle's case, its just how she saw her life the man was secondary.
I think this is the case for a good number of people. People who are ready to get married sometimes end up marrying whoever they find who works well enough and also wants to get married. Or they marry whoever they are with once they finish college , or reach x age. Bc that's what they think you should do. Not saying everyone does but I definitely know people who I suspect did this.

Reactions: 9
Speaking of relationships, Ricky posted another pic with Elle 2.0. I really want him to beat Smelle to the altar 😂 He thinks he's so smart looking in that v-neck and a suit jacket 😩
Is it the same girl (at the game)? I can't tell. The stadium girl looks kind of different than from the steak house girl.

• Haha

I agree. It was more like 2-3K per week, along with the drybars and takeaways. She was out shopping every afternoon at lunch break. I am not a lawyer or in any regulated profession. I work in a relatively relaxed environment with set timings, even I can't go out shopping ever day of the week. My co-workers will not take me seriously and they will question my work ethic.

Reactions: 7
In 2021 it will be super hard for Smelle to find a guy who wants to marry her and sponsor her insane shopping. To pay for all that she wants, the guy would either have to have a job that pays more than what Joe or Chris The English Troll were making or have a similar job but have totally no interest in saving any money. And men like Joe etc. are aware that women are fully capable of earning their own money, so they'd probably be asking why is Smelle relaying on their paycheck if she has the education and ability to find employment herself.

I'm watching her Nordstrom video on ViewPure in little chunks because I can't take all that smugness in one go.

1) She's surprised with the size of Le Labo candles. I found the set on Nordstrom website and it's clearly marked as 'votives'. Votive candles are the smallest size, so she should have expected they'd be miniature. I have a feeling she doesn't even read item descriptions when she's in her shopping frenzy.
2) Both pairs of sunglasses that she ordered are ugly and don't flatter her at all but she 'had to have' a new pair because she has been wearing the same pair for years. WHAT A NIGHTMARE 😂 She goes on forever about the 'luxe feel'. I wish she read about Luxottica - a company that manufactures most of designer sunglasses. Her Celine sunglasses are probably the same quality as Guess sunglasses because they're made in the same factory.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
I agree. It was more like 2-3K per week, along with the drybars and takeaways. She was out shopping every afternoon at lunch break. I am not a lawyer or in any regulated profession. I work in a relatively relaxed environment with set timings, even I can't go out shopping ever day of the week. My co-workers will not take me seriously and they will question my work ethic.
She really does face an uphill battle. At this point any man who can afford her lifestyle is going to have other (better) options.

Reactions: 12
She really does face an uphill battle. At this point any man who can afford her lifestyle is going to have other (better) options.
If she had any sense, she'd have kept her shopping addiction quiet until she'd locked down Chris or Joe (preferably Chris since he's properly rich) and then it would have been harder for them to ditch her. I'm not saying that would have been an ethical thing to do, but we're talking about Elle here so that doesn't really matter.

Now she's either going to have to find a rich old dude who's on wife/nurse number three or a rich super conservative dude who wants a stay at home wife/mother. All while living in some of the most liberal and expensive cities in north America! She should have just stayed in the swamp after it all went tits up with Rick and moved to wherever the Trumpy people are down there.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
This is her main problem. She expects to be treated like a princess. Plenty of people out here in the Midwest are stay at home parents and have nice things but they aren't always shopping like Elle does. I think she'd have better luck finding a guy out here who wants a stay at home wife but it isn't easy. I feel like a lot of more educated guys either think their partner should work if they can or they actually marry for love. Elle doesn't seem like she can be vulnerable with anyone shes very superficial and that will make it hard to find someone to love you.

The kind of guys who would be into her being a stay at home wife and a trophy would probably not make the kind of salary Elle would want a husband to have and she won't be able to shop as much unless she's willing to go into debt. I think the way she markets herself "lawyer business owner" really attracts people who want an independent partner. She needs to market herself differently or resign herself to working at least part time so she can pay for her shopping.

If she made some effort with her pearl buisness she could just do that for spending money once she is married but she's clearly not putting the work in to make it a steady income

Reactions: 13
Do we think the dude she was always inviting round during vlogmas when her mother was over and who took her to some roadside eatery for Valentine's Day dinner is the same one that she went fishing with?

This is her main problem. She expects to be treated like a princess. Plenty of people out here in the Midwest are stay at home parents and have nice things but they aren't always shopping like Elle does. I think she'd have better luck finding a guy out here who wants a stay at home wife but it isn't easy. I feel like a lot of more educated guys either think their partner should work if they can or they actually marry for love. Elle doesn't seem like she can be vulnerable with anyone shes very superficial and that will make it hard to find someone to love you.

The kind of guys who would be into her being a stay at home wife and a trophy would probably not make the kind of salary Elle would want a husband to have and she won't be able to shop as much unless she's willing to go into debt. I think the way she markets herself "lawyer business owner" really attracts people who want an independent partner. She needs to market herself differently or resign herself to working at least part time so she can pay for her shopping.

If she made some effort with her pearl buisness she could just do that for spending money once she is married but she's clearly not putting the work in to make it a steady income
You're so right. A guy who wants to be a knight and flatter his ego by being 'the breadwinner' will see Smelle and think 'Well, she doesn't need me and my breadwinning if she is so well-educated and supposedly accomplished'. And a liberal guy will think 'Yeah, what an independent woman! She won't ever ask me for a penny because she has all her finances under control'

Last edited:
  • Heart
Also I've had too much time on my hands today but I think I found Rick's new lady friend. Went looking in the likes of the baseball post and found someone who looks like the woman in the photo. I googled her and her job location fits (winterhaven) not sure if that's appropriate to share or not on here.

• Heart
Reactions: 6

Does anyone over age 22 use the term jelly? It's just juvenile for a 30-something whose whole brand is about being cosmopolitan to use the word.

Elle also said the winner of her jewelry box stuffed with her favourite pieces from her line -- I think this was the Christmas giveaway? -- sent her a picture of it on her bedside table. We didn't get to see the picture, of course. Nothing suspicious about that! Perhaps Elle just returned the box for a full refund?

• Haha

Does anyone over age 22 use the term jelly? It's just juvenile for a 30-something whose whole brand is about being cosmopolitan to use the word.
I haven’t heard people in their 20’s use that word. Maybe fisherman guy uses such words and she just adopts them.

Reactions: 5

Elle also said the winner of her jewelry box stuffed with her favourite pieces from her line -- I think this was the Christmas giveaway? -- sent her a picture of it on her bedside table. We didn't get to see the picture, of course. Nothing suspicious about that! Perhaps Elle just returned the box for a full refund?
Her clown face in that screenshot... 🤡 🤮

She kept playing with her hair when trying on the sunglasses. Smelle, keep your seductive ticks for Mr Fisherman, please 🤮

Overall, with that luxe this, luxe that talk she reminded me of some sort of spoiled, superficial mature woman whose highlight of the week is brunching with the frenemies and getting botox. Normal 32-year olds don't act like that. She spends too much time watching TV and interacting with her retired mother.

• Haha
Also I've had too much time on my hands today but I think I found Rick's new lady friend. Went looking in the likes of the baseball post and found someone who looks like the woman in the photo. I googled her and her job location fits (winterhaven) not sure if that's appropriate to share or not on here.
Lady friend (steakhouse) is featured earlier in his feed along with an older lady. It's a photo of Ricketts + two women. Coworker, maybe?

To be totally honest, in this day & age, I think if she wants TO SPEND HER OWN MONEY on ugly boring expensive things then any man she is with shouldn't really be turned off. Like if it is her own money & isn't interfering with bills then duck it 🤷‍♀️. Now obvi if it is his money or he is being forced to pay more then half the bills then yeah ok we can understand that is shite and not fair. But that is why she should put some work into her jewelry line, pick some new scarf colors, get some lawyer work for that desk she renting, and also make some you tube videos.
I checked and her site is still under construction. That has been ages! Seriously that has been way too long! She really needs to fix that!!!
She should make an updated jewelry collection video, a recipe video of some Belgium, Italian & French dishes. Oh also some English stuff like scones cos those are super easy and she used to live there so she can reminisce and tell us stories while she bakes!
I'll say it again she should def expand her jewelry line to include cat collars! I'll def buy 1! If she does this, I'll also buy a scarf for me cat too 😹
Now that shops are open up she could totally show us around Seattle too.
She hasn't done an outfit video in ages either. That would be a super easy video to get started with!
This is like enough videos till end of year if she reuses the video ideas and des at least 1 a week. She will be increasing her Karen numbers in now time at all 👍

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.