Elle Florence #12 Fumbling Towards Mediocrity: Elle, Her Cats, and the Quest for Mr. Next

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
1C1715B4-9AD5-4A3A-9312-FF197DD6D4A1.png

can anyone else see how the leg is twisting on those “high quality” jeans?? 😂 Dumb-dumb probably thinks that makes them more special 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8
She must be the only person who stills pulls tshirts down to her hips like it's 2009.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
She's also the only fAsHiOn bLoGgEr who doesn't know that you cut the kick pleat.

She, the jewelry designer, also didn't know what a bezel setting was. In her video where she reviews Lisa Eldridge's rings she said something like "encased in gold" or something equally dumb. Bezel settings are like jewelry terminology 101.

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 13
She's also the only fAsHiOn bLoGgEr who doesn't know that you cut the kick pleat.

She, the jewelry designer, also didn't know what a bezel setting was. In her video where she reviews Lisa Eldridge's rings she said something like "encased in gold" or something equally dumb. Bezel settings are like jewelry terminology 101.
Omg the shapeless calves clad in tights as thick as leggings 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7

Either she doesn't know about the kick pleat or she thinks cutting it would "add bulk" . I've never heard any fashion person be so concerned about pockets adding bulk (she even said she doesn't like work pants with pockets)

I could totally see her being one of those people to never rip the tack stitch on the chili buck pockets for fear of it "adding bulk"

Either way she's not smart. Doesn't know what a bezel setting is. Uses words she doesn't fully understand. Has no interests outside of shopping. I used to feel bad for her but legit she's causes all her problems in life

Either she doesn't know about the kick pleat or she thinks cutting it would "add bulk" . I've never heard any fashion person be so concerned about pockets adding bulk (she even said she doesn't like work pants with pockets)

I could totally see her being one of those people to never rip the tack stitch on the chili buck pockets for fear of it "adding bulk"

Either way she's not smart. Doesn't know what a bezel setting is. Uses words she doesn't fully understand. Has no interests outside of shopping. I used to feel bad for her but legit she's causes all her problems in life
100‰ agreed, Elle has caused all her own problems.

Wow does Elle ever look frumpy. I know we often say she dresses like a grandma. In this photo, a combo of her hair and the sweater adds at least 10 years. She doesn't look like she's in her early 30s at all.
She looks like a well preserved 40 something, she always looks so dated never modern

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Ladies doesn't this actor look like a better looking version of ole Rick?
1628198983700.png

• Haha
  • Sick
OMG, he does lol!

Kind of OT, but I was watching the Olympics, and I was so inspired by the US women's gymnastics team, their incredible talent, work ethic, and toughness, their awesome friendship and teamwork, sportsmanship, maturity, and courage to overcome setbacks under such immense pressure. So many inspiring moments, from Simone overcoming her struggles to medal on beam, the three US girls stepping up in the Team Final to win the silver, Suni kicking ass in the All Around, Jade recovering from a disastrous vault to win gold on floor the very next day, McKayla finally winning an Olympic medal at age 24 after persevering for years. They're all such badasses. Then here's Elle, who's at least a decade older than those young women, whose biggest purpose in life is to squeeze into pants that are too small for her and get a man.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
View attachment 696118
can anyone else see how the leg is twisting on those “high quality” jeans?? 😂 Dumb-dumb probably thinks that makes them more special 😂
the cardigan is still available in lots of sizes BECAUSE IT’S UGLY and not worth the price!! It’s so freaking boring and not worth writing home about. DUH! 🙄

Omg the shapeless calves clad in tights as thick as leggings 😂
her legs look like she wears straight leg pants permanently 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 13
View attachment 696118
I know nothing about fashion; it’s completely lost on me. I wear Lululemon leggings and over-sized T-shirts most days, now that I’m WFH permanently. So I have no opinion on this outfit.
My mom, however, follows fashion trends somewhat closely (emphasis on “somewhat”) and I asked her about this photo. She said she wouldn’t dress like this because the jeans are too tight, which is both outdated and unflattering, and the lady in the picture looks like a retiree at country club brunch who wants to look like she’s an off-duty corporate executive but probably just spends her day at the Nordstrom Cafe (eerily accurate). Hahaha my Asian 59-yo mom who is a grandmother to two grandbabies, thinks Elle dresses too matronly and is pretending to look like a career woman 😂😂😂 I’m dying.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
I know nothing about fashion; it’s completely lost on me. I wear Lululemon leggings and over-sized T-shirts most days, now that I’m WFH permanently. So I have no opinion on this outfit.
My mom, however, follows fashion trends somewhat closely (emphasis on “somewhat”) and I asked her about this photo. She said she wouldn’t dress like this because the jeans are too tight, which is both outdated and unflattering, and the lady in the picture looks like a retiree at country club brunch who wants to look like she’s an off-duty corporate executive but probably just spends her day at the Nordstrom Cafe (eerily accurate). Hahaha my Asian 59-yo mom who is a grandmother to two grandbabies, thinks Elle dresses too matronly and is pretending to look like a career woman 😂😂😂 I’m dying.
Your mom is not wrong.

View attachment 696118
How is she comfortable? The jeans and shoes look like they are cutting off her circulation.

She must be the only person who stills pulls tshirts down to her hips like it's 2009.
She has to! Needs to hide the fact her jeans are cutting into her at the waist because they are two sizes too small.

Reactions: 11
Not only is Elle's fashion stuck in 2011, but so is her content. The whole posed handbag while out running errands/grabbing coffee picture is so boring and blase. We've seen 10,000 of these shots and the influencer world has moved on. It seems so tacky to display your luxury bag like this, as if it's some beautiful thing we should admire.

It's a very ubiquitous bag and if I remember correctly, this is the bag she basically guilt tripped her mother into buying. After Joe kicked her out, Elle was living with her mother and dragged her to the LV store to "get her opinion" on which ugly LV bag to buy. Her mother just sat there, said this bag was nice, and a few weeks later, an unboxing vid. Another gift from her mother for being such a girlboss and overcoming so much. Elle and her mother are so codependent, it's creepy.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
It's 7th of August today. She was meant to do a grand reveal of her updated website and a new alibaba pearl koolekshon in August. I take it she's going to hold off until 31st of August? 😂

The uggo YSL handbag giveaway did nothing to her channel. Her subscribers have increased only by a tiny amount. Rather than splashing $2k on a bag, hoping it would entice viewers to enter her giveaway, she could have paid for bots 😂 Surely she would be at 100k subbies for that price haha

• Haha
I have that bag (the LV Girolata). I have to be honest--I'm kinda over LV. Canvas handbags feel weird and kind of plasticky in your hands... or is it just me?

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I have that bag (the LV Girolata). I have to be honest--I'm kinda over LV. Canvas handbags feel weird and kind of plasticky in your hands... or is it just me?
I'm over LV too. I think their designs are really unattractive now and the quality has tanked. I haven't purchased new LV in years. Vintage LV is still fabulous, and I love LV from the 90s and early 2000s. It feels substantial and luxurious. The newer stuff just feels kinda cheap, and yes, plasticy.

• Heart
I'm over LV too. I think their designs are really unattractive now and the quality has tanked. I haven't purchased new LV in years. Vintage LV is still fabulous, and I love LV from the 90s and early 2000s. It feels substantial and luxurious. The newer stuff just feels kinda cheap, and yes, plasticy.
agreed! Also, the price increase at least twice a year, in the middle of the pandemic even, is ridiculous.

Not only is Elle's fashion stuck in 2011, but so is her content. The whole posed handbag while out running errands/grabbing coffee picture is so boring and blase. We've seen 10,000 of these shots and the influencer world has moved on. It seems so tacky to display your luxury bag like this, as if it's some beautiful thing we should admire.

It's a very ubiquitous bag and if I remember correctly, this is the bag she basically guilt tripped her mother into buying. After Joe kicked her out, Elle was living with her mother and dragged her to the LV store to "get her opinion" on which ugly LV bag to buy. Her mother just sat there, said this bag was nice, and a few weeks later, an unboxing vid. Another gift from her mother for being such a girlboss and overcoming so much. Elle and her mother are so codependent, it's creepy.
Agree! Why didn't she at least turn the sunglasses over, fix the lid to align with the logo on the cup and space the items with a bit more thought? Oh right, cause she's half-assed Smelle!

• Haha

Thank you for this. I never understood the bag next to the food especially uncovered food. 🤢🤮🦠 It’s unhygenic.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.