Elle Florence #12 Fumbling Towards Mediocrity: Elle, Her Cats, and the Quest for Mr. Next

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I might be reading too much into it, but the guy's voice in the last IG story sounded just like Rick.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
Shouldn't a fashion girlboss know that a seam should run down the side of the leg?!? The pulling around the knees and thighs is also a giveaway that Elle is squeezed into those jeans for dear life.

This whole outfit is so, I don't know, Karen. Nothing dynamic, fresh, or interesting about it. Generic white woman in suburbia vibes when Elle is pretending to be anything but that. I could see Elle going viral yelling at a Nordstrom employee in this outfit ("a receipt to return these Ugg blankets? Are you calling me a criminal? Je ne peux pas croire ce traitement, je suis une girlboss! Sorry, I was just saying in French that I cannot believe this treatment.")

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Wow does Elle ever look frumpy. I know we often say she dresses like a grandma. In this photo, a combo of her hair and the sweater adds at least 10 years. She doesn't look like she's in her early 30s at all.

Attachments

Reactions: 11
She just can't help herself. She'll never keep her love life private because Elle is all about bragging and making Elle look good.

And make no mistake, he'll leave her too.

Reactions: 9
I’d like to know:
1. What makes the cardigan luxe?
2. Why you are buying Nest candles, when you stated in your last video you still had a tonne of them from last year.
3. Who do you think you are fooling when you say you are giving them away as stocking stuffers ? Whose stockings are you stuffing, we have witnessed your gift giving style through the years, you are not fooling us.

4. You bought Celine sunglasses, why are you so greedy you want to link to the Gucci ones too, are you even wearing Gucci sunglasses in the photo 🧐

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
Shouldn't a fashion girlboss know that a seam should run down the side of the leg?!? The pulling around the knees and thighs is also a giveaway that Elle is squeezed into those jeans for dear life.

This whole outfit is so, I don't know, Karen. Nothing dynamic, fresh, or interesting about it. Generic white woman in suburbia vibes when Elle is pretending to be anything but that. I could see Elle going viral yelling at a Nordstrom employee in this outfit ("a receipt to return these Ugg blankets? Are you calling me a criminal? Je ne peux pas croire ce traitement, je suis une girlboss! Sorry, I was just saying in French that I cannot believe this treatment.")
I don't know how she hasn't ripped a pair of jeans while wearing them. She must have tried every pair of jeans at Nordstrom and this was the smallest pair she could zip up. I still can"t believe in her Nordstrom haul she admitted to buying a size 4 dress. Shes always talking about how she's size 1 in Ted Baker and size 2 in everything else. Clearly she puts her identity into what size she is.

Reactions: 5
Wow does Elle ever look frumpy. I know we often say she dresses like a grandma. In this photo, a combo of her hair and the sweater adds at least 10 years. She doesn't look like she's in her early 30s at all.
Elle looks good...for a woman in her 50s*.

*Not that there's anything wrong with being a woman in your 50s. I hope to be one in a couple of decades. I just don't want to look like one right now.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
She just can't help herself. She'll never keep her love life private because Elle is all about bragging and making Elle look good.

And make no mistake, he'll leave her too.
It’s so obvious she wants everyone to know she has a boyfriend. All videos on Instagram have no sound except one to hear the man’s voice and let everyone know they share drinks/food.
Why doesn’t she just go back to her brag style life vlogs, she knows she loves the attention.

• Haha
Elle looks good...for a woman in her 50s*.

*Not that there's anything wrong with being a woman in your 50s. I hope to be one in a couple of decades. I just don't want to look like one right now.
I don’t even think she looks good for a woman in her 50s. I mean if we’re going to talk wrinkles and such, then I guess she looks good for a woman in her 50s. But just because you’re in your 50s doesn’t mean you have to wear outdated clothes and look frumpy. I understand one should probably dress more “mature” (whatever that means) but that doesn’t mean you have to give up on looking stylish just because you’re older. Elle has never been stylish and she never will be, even if her age catches up with how she dresses!

Reactions: 12
My question is WHY IS SHE WEARING THOSE SUNGLASSES. They're ugly. But so is her personality so...

• Haha
Reactions: 5
But just because you’re in your 50s doesn’t mean you have to wear outdated clothes and look frumpy. I understand one should probably dress more “mature” (whatever that means) but that doesn’t mean you have to give up on looking stylish just because you’re older. Elle has never been stylish and she never will be, even if her age catches up with how she dresses!
This. There are a lot of older, really chic and fashionable women I see on Instagram who are in their 50s.

Eleanor is just a purveyor of outdated fashion, no matter what the price or brand of clothing/accessory is. Jeggings should have never been a thing. And all her tops end at her upper hip and she has no clue how unflattering the silhouette is. I would say her outfit is at best "alright" for a grandma in her 70s.

She really does look 50+. Her style is so bad I can't. She picks the most boring, mature clothing/accessories that really don't flatter her at all. My 60 year old mother is a lot more hip, fun & 10 times more fashionable.

Reactions: 8
She really does look 50+. Her style is so bad I can't. She picks the most boring, mature clothing/accessories that really don't flatter her at all. My 60 year old mother is a lot more hip, fun & 10 times more fashionable.
Same. My Mom has excellent style and she has fun with fashion. She definitely has a capsule wardrobe base that she sticks when traveling but she loves to add something funky and bright when she’s out with her girlfriends, dining out with my Dad, or hanging out at the museums. It’s bizarre that my 67 year old Mother has better taste than a 33 year old (Elle). I have EXCELLENT style but I’m not hear to talk about myself. 😉🦁

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Eleanor is just a purveyor of outdated fashion, no matter what the price or brand of clothing/accessory is. Jeggings should have never been a thing. And all her tops end at her upper hip and she has no clue how unflattering the silhouette is. I would say her outfit is at best "alright" for a grandma in her 70s.
Heck, my mother dresses better than Elle and she is well into her 70s and shops waaay less than our Elle.

It’s a simple matter of knowing what suits your body type and colouring, and sticking to it. You would think that someone who is purportedly so interested in fashion would have figured that out by now.

Ladies, Smelle said in the video she had a personal stylist help her shop the sale. Either the person has equally zero idea about clothing or Smelle totally took over and literally gave her a list of items she wants.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Ladies, Smelle said in the video she had a personal stylist help her shop the sale. Either the person has equally zero idea about clothing or Smelle totally took over and literally gave her a list of items she wants.
Or, she is a big fat liar and after reading here knows people think she dresses like a non-fashion so she made the stylist up to save face.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
100% she gave someone her wish list, they got her what was I stock from the list. This experience equals personal stylist in Elle’s embellished world.

Reactions: 8
100% she gave someone her wish list, they got her what was I stock from the list. This experience equals personal stylist in Elle’s embellished world.
Just like how ordering scarves from a catalog means fashion designer and stringing Alibaba pearls equals jewelry designer.

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.