Elle Florence #12 Fumbling Towards Mediocrity: Elle, Her Cats, and the Quest for Mr. Next

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Did anyone see her "sneak peek" in her instagram stories?

It's literally what looks like a silver (or white gold?) snake or herringbone chain in the sand. Not really setting the jewelry design world on fire, lol. But I've always said she should sell fine jewelry to her sycopha--I mean, fans. She'd be able to mark up more and make more money.

View attachment 711032
🤢 it looks like a defecated tapeworm.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
OMG what a horrendous picture! Hey Elle - How about taking a photography class!!:m

ETA - You know one thing I've noticed recently is that people who have a vision or idea actually become more successful when they hire someone to help manage the business side...ahem... She'll never do it cause she's such a know-it-all who is a glutton for punishment!

Reactions: 9
OMG what a horrendous picture! Hey Elle - How about taking a photography class!!:m

ETA - You know one thing I've noticed recently is that people who have a vision or idea actually become more successful when they hire someone to help manage the business side...ahem... She'll never do it cause she's such a know-it-all who is a glutton for punishment!
If she had truly wanted to build a proper business, she would have had a plan in place to scale it up and that would certainly have involved hiring people to do the stuff she isn't skilled at – any real designer would want to free up as much time as possible to focus on the creative stuff and would also have a strong entrepreneurial vision. Elle's only plan was to string some cheap pearls and let YouTube take care of the rest. There is literally nothing in her life that she hasn't half-assed.

Reactions: 13
If she had truly wanted to build a proper business, she would have had a plan in place to scale it up and that would certainly have involved hiring people to do the stuff she isn't skilled at – any real designer would want to free up as much time as possible to focus on the creative stuff and would also have a strong entrepreneurial vision. Elle's only plan was to string some cheap pearls and let YouTube take care of the rest. There is literally nothing in her life that she hasn't half-assed.
I think Smelle is too cheap to outsource stuff like web and graphic design (you know, the parts that really matter in a jewelry business because the content is so photo heavy). She *loves* having the control she does on the Shopify platform, which is good because Shopify is known for its intuitive interface. But even small things like upgrading the image quality, having a branding colour palette, and making sure the copy on each product page is typo-free and actually makes sense would make the site 10X better.

Reactions: 11
You ladies are all correct. Unfortunately, our Smelle is stuck in 2012 when it was acceptable to film YouTube videos with your childhood bedroom in the background, no artificial lights, and a pile of books acting as a tripod. She is stuck in this mentality that if it worked for her back then, why wouldn't it work now. So she 'made' her website herself, takes photos of jewelery herself or acts as a model and uses her mother as a photographer. She is 10 years behind when it comes to YouTube game which is why she'll never make it big.

Reactions: 13
You ladies are all correct. Unfortunately, our Smelle is stuck in 2012 when it was acceptable to film YouTube videos with your childhood bedroom in the background, no artificial lights, and a pile of books acting as a tripod. She is stuck in this mentality that if it worked for her back then, why wouldn't it work now. So she 'made' her website herself, takes photos of jewelery herself or acts as a model and uses her mother as a photographer. She is 10 years behind when it comes to YouTube game which is why she'll never make it big.
I came across this guy Nicolas Fairford last year. He just started his channel at the beginning of 2020 and he shared he hired a business manager and he's already surpassed smelle in sub count and he's got some products in the works as well. Not picking out of a catalogue and re-selling btw. Can't wait to see what she's launching based on that weird crappy sneak peek!

Reactions: 6
What boggles me is that if she truly wants to revive her channel, why doesn't she focus on that instead of peddling these cheap gimmicks? Everyone, include her, I'm sure, is aware that her product shilling heydey is long over.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
What happened to get cooking blog?
Maybe she took it down as part of her brand relaunch, along with her jewelry site? The grammar and general writing on her websites = ATROCIOUS! And she has the audacity to call herself a lawyer. 😹😹😹

• Haha
Maybe she took it down as part of her brand relaunch, along with her jewelry site? The grammar and general writing on her websites = ATROCIOUS! And she has the audacity to call herself a lawyer. 😹😹😹
It's still up, and you are right in that the writing and grammar are dreadful. Her job for many years was writing investigation reports and she is a terrible writer. Overly formal and a lot of times her sentence structures reads as someone who isn't fluent in English. For example:

Simmer until the brocolli is tender to the fork but no longer than that - Broccoli is misspelled and the term is "fork tender".

The waffles on their own are memorable for their crisp exterior and custardy inside - I don't know anyone who wants chicken the consistency of custard. Gross.

The dough freezes beautifully, and would make for a lovely gift to those whose company you miss this holiday season. - This sentence isn't wrong but the "make for a lovely gift" and "company you miss" is odd and too formal.

If you use chicken breasts, use skin-on and then bread it. Of course it’s still good as a breast only tender - What? I'm confused.

Adorn your soup promptly before you devour it all separately. - If I'm putting croutons on the soup... that's not two things seperate from each other. That's devouring it together.

Looking at my food pics though, this chicken recipe is like Judy Greer. The best friend whom the movie wouldn’t be the same without, but often goes overlooked in the description. - Leave Judy Greer out of your strange world, Elle. And don't compare her to a chicken thigh.

Since they aren’t very sweet and quickly inhaled, they are perfectly paired with a more substantial protein so for years when I host a group I have served them with my oven fried chicken - The tense is all over the place here.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
It's still up, and you are right in that the writing and grammar are dreadful. Her job for many years was writing investigation reports and she is a terrible writer. Overly formal and a lot of times her sentence structures reads as someone who isn't fluent in English. For example:

Simmer until the brocolli is tender to the fork but no longer than that - Broccoli is misspelled and the term is "fork tender".

The waffles on their own are memorable for their crisp exterior and custardy inside - I don't know anyone who wants chicken the consistency of custard. Gross.

The dough freezes beautifully, and would make for a lovely gift to those whose company you miss this holiday season. - This sentence isn't wrong but the "make for a lovely gift" and "company you miss" is odd and too formal.

If you use chicken breasts, use skin-on and then bread it. Of course it’s still good as a breast only tender - What? I'm confused.

Adorn your soup promptly before you devour it all separately. - If I'm putting croutons on the soup... that's not two things seperate from each other. That's devouring it together.

Looking at my food pics though, this chicken recipe is like Judy Greer. The best friend whom the movie wouldn’t be the same without, but often goes overlooked in the description. - Leave Judy Greer out of your strange world, Elle. And don't compare her to a chicken thigh.

Since they aren’t very sweet and quickly inhaled, they are perfectly paired with a more substantial protein so for years when I host a group I have served them with my oven fried chicken - The tense is all over the place here.
Kuddos to you for your bravery. How were you able to go to the website without plucking your eyeballs out? 👀.

Elle is so much more fun to despise-watch when she’s dating someone aka showing off. Her life seems so sad now. I wonder if we’ll ever see another beau on her channel in the future. I don’t think she’s someone who has high enough EQ to learn from their mistakes but maybe she recognized that most people what to build an intimate relationship OFF CAMERA. 🤷🏾‍♀️

• Haha

This writing is just strange. Who writes like that? It is not “quirky”, it is not “creative”, it is just bad. And it is downright embarrassing for a trained lawyer whose job it is to write accurately and concisely. I don’t want to speculate (we’ve done plenty of that here already with respect to Elle’s career path), but if I had an articled student who wrote like that, no way would I keep them on when their term was up.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I know Elle doesnt care about anyone but herself. And her comments about supporting women is performative and more like "support me as a woman" or "don't talk tit about me because as a woman you are just tearing me down" instead of it being about actual critism . But I'm still a little surprised she didn't say anything about what is going on in Afghanistan. She's always quick to point out the Nepalese buiseness she supports is family and women owned but nothing about actual women and girls in the world who are going to really suffer. Elle, if you are reading here, I suggest the animated movie The Breadwinner to get an idea of what is going on.

Elle's commentary has always been half assed and a bit tone deaf at times, but I legitimately thought she did care about the welfare of other women in this world, but really she just cares about things that inconvenience her

• Heart
Elle's commentary has always been half assed and a bit tone deaf at times, but I legitimately thought she did care about the welfare of other women in this world, but really she just cares about things that inconvenience her
It's for the best she doesn't comment. Her Instagram post during the height of the BLM protests/murder of George Floyd last summer was incredibly self-centred and as you say, half-assed. Basically she didn't think she had anything to contribute so she didn't post... yet made a post to tell everyone that. Attention seeking much?!? Either educate yourself and step down from your privileged high horse for a minute, or shut up.

Elle's a Karen, as we know from her rants about food delivery people and salespeople. I doubt she even reads legitimate news sources or knows what's going on in Afghanistan. She's too busy thinking about what bag to buy at Nordstrom and how to get the fisherman to marry her. I can't ever picture discussing a serious topic with her, she would devolve into a baby-voiced giggling mess and stark smirking at the nearest man.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Elle 100% shouldn't comment.

She would sound like more of an airhead than she already does if she did.
She has nothing of substance to contribute about the most frivolous topics, of which she considers herself an expert on. So I can’t imagine what she could possibly say about something like Afghanistan.

Reactions: 7
Elle 100% shouldn't comment.

She would sound like more of an airhead than she already does if she did.
This. I remember someone asking her a political question (on a livestream maybe, when she was doing that?) and her response was something about Justin Trudeau's hair. She has nothing useful to say about anything that's going on in the world, because the only thing that matters to Elle is Elle's world.

To be fair, I never went to her channel for world events, or political going on. I have other mediums for that. I do not need an influencer to take the popular point of view. I just went to see what kind of goofy crap was going to come out of her mouth or what new jockey (as Prince would say) she was madly in love with.

• Haha
  • Heart
I agree. It's annoying when "influencers" who are normally an escape talk about politics or other current events. In Elle's case, she's also just a dingbat too. lol

Reactions: 4
Looks like Elle has something to be smug about since she's posting instagram stories again. Apparently she is having people over to stay? Guessing they aren't her mom because she would not have worded it the way she did. The fact that she is bragging about it makes me think maybe she's meeting the fishermans friends? Unless that's what that boat story was a few weeks ago? So could she be meeting mr fisherman's parents? She was super smug and bratty about meeting SS's family... just a thought

• Sick
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.