Elle Florence #12 Fumbling Towards Mediocrity: Elle, Her Cats, and the Quest for Mr. Next

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Lady friend (steakhouse) is featured earlier in his feed along with an older lady. It's a photo of Ricketts + two women. Coworker, maybe?
You are right! June 4th 2020 that's her there too.

I might be wrong but the blonde with them in the photo looks like some one who works at the same place the steakhouse/baseball game woman does.

If you look under the likes for the baseball game and find the person who shares a last name with Fleurdeforce and you Google that person in Winterhaven top results will be her work photo and website will be linked. Not sure how Rick is able to convince these well educated ladies to spend time with him. He gives off such creep vibes to me.

Reactions: 6
You are right! June 4th 2020 that's her there too.

I might be wrong but the blonde with them in the photo looks like some one who works at the same place the steakhouse/baseball game woman does.

If you look under the likes for the baseball game and find the person who shares a last name with Fleurdeforce and you Google that person in Winterhaven top results will be her work photo and website will be linked. Not sure how Rick is able to convince these well educated ladies to spend time with him. He gives off such creep vibes to me.
Oooh thanks for this! I love a good "scavenger hunt!"

Looks like Ricketts traded up with an ACTUAL EUROPEAN and a professional who actually works in her field of study. She seems like a lovely lady; hope she doesn't fall for the word salad wooing. LOL.

Also, do we think they met via "Samantha Lecocq?" 😹😹😹

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
I don't know why anyone would date Rick. He's not attractive, he's bowlegged, he's a pompous blowhard, he lives like a bachelor, and he speaks in word vomit-ese. He's a total dweeb.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I don't know why anyone would date Rick. He's not attractive, he's bowlegged, he's a pompous blowhard, he lives like a bachelor, and he speaks in word vomit-ese. He's a total dweeb.
He was sooo perfect for Elle. Honestly, I think I'm still taking their break-up harder than they did. Just think about all the delicious cringe we're missing out on all because Elle had to have that stupid YSL bag and Rick realised she more turned on by it than him.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
He was sooo perfect for Elle. Honestly, I think I'm still taking their break-up harder than they did. Just think about all the delicious cringe we're missing out on all because Elle had to have that stupid YSL bag and Rick realised she more turned on by it than him.
Oh yeah we were all way more invested in Rick than Elle was. She's still trying to pretend he never happened . . .

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Elle was perfect with Rick, she is certainly no catch to any man with half a brain

Reactions: 9
I’ve been mainly lurking on here (and liking many of your posts haha) but I’m excited to share with you ladies that I’ll be moving to Seattle this fall as I’ll be a grad student at UW! Be certain that I’ll keep an eye out for Smelle 👀

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
I’ve been mainly lurking on here (and liking many of your posts haha) but I’m excited to share with you ladies that I’ll be moving to Seattle this fall as I’ll be a grad student at UW! Be certain that I’ll keep an eye out for Smelle 👀
Congrats on starting your grad program! UW is a great school.

Reactions: 4
If he could of just gotten over her shopping habit it would have been a lovely marriage. I mean she put up with his world salad and Florida. Relationships need communication (not world salad) & acceptance of each others hobbies.

Reactions: 2
If he could of just gotten over her shopping habit it would have been a lovely marriage. I mean she put up with his world salad and Florida. Relationships need communication (not world salad) & acceptance of each others hobbies.
Elle needs therapy so much, shopping can't be her hobby.

Reactions: 7
Based on his now deleted photo of his fridge filled with orange juice and a sad tin of Christmas cookies, I suspect Rick is one of those guys who wants to have a woman around so they can do the tit he doesn't want to think about. IE stocking the fridge and pantry, cooking, shopping for cleaning supplies, making sure the house is livable. All the boring stuff. I mean adjuncts really are paid poverty wages so maybe he just can't afford to do that himself. But he's also more than capable of getting a work at home lawyer job doing those document review gigs.

Based on his now deleted photo of his fridge filled with orange juice and a sad tin of Christmas cookies, I suspect Rick is one of those guys who wants to have a woman around so they can do the tit he doesn't want to think about. IE stocking the fridge and pantry, cooking, shopping for cleaning supplies, making sure the house is livable. All the boring stuff. I mean adjuncts really are paid poverty wages so maybe he just can't afford to do that himself. But he's also more than capable of getting a work at home lawyer job doing those document review gigs.
He could join a similar type of company that Smelle 'works' at ('rent a desk' gig) 😜

I mean, you can tell the guy is skint. The pictures of his house on the real estate site were depressing. There were no bed frames, just mattresses on the floor. The living room was a huge space with one tiny sofa, a coffee table, and a random bookcase. I think if it was a small apartment, you could pass it off as minimalist lifestyle but in this swamp house it just looked sad 🙁

Speaking of relationships, does anyone think Elle has snagged a serious boyfriend? I wonder if she is still with fishing boy...

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Speaking of relationships, does anyone think Elle has snagged a serious boyfriend? I wonder if she is still with fishing boy...
Depends on your definition of "serious". To me, that's someone you've known for at least six months and have discussed being exclusive and have had a proper chat about shared goals and life plans. I've no idea how Elle categorizes relationships. Going on a second date could mean a man becomes her serious boyfriend. She did refer to Rick as the love of her life after knowing him for, what, maybe four months?

In all seriousness, this is the grown woman who met, got engaged to, moved in with, and got dumped by a complete stranger over the course of ten months. Unlike when she was dumped and kicked out by her previous exes, this was all on Elle. She was the one who uprooted her life, ditched her mother, and made reckless career, financial, feline, and life choices with Rick. She wasn't some innocent kid, she was a 30-something educated woman who knew what she was doing. The whole Rick fiasco speaks so much to her lack of judgement and poor decision-making skills. I wouldn't trust her take on a relationship, at all. She's proven time and time again she just cannot read a relationship or make level headed decisions when she is in one. If I was her friend and she told me she met a great guy and it was getting serious, I'd just nod and think nothing of it.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Elle is a pick me.

She will literally uproot her entire life for a man--any man. I can't picture a man at this point marrying her. Not because she's ugly (she isn't, though I think she's not that attractive) or because she's unsuccessful (plenty of men wouldn't mind a stay at home mom/wife). Rather, it's because she's annoying, entitled, talks like a know-it-all and rambles about everything like an expert despite actually being quite dumb (have you ever heard her pronounce Christmas, sparse, regularly, etc.? She's incapable of saying normal words), obfuscates the truth, is obsessed with luxury, spends money like water, and cannot read a room.

That said, I have semi Elle-related news, everyone: I'm opening up a jewelry company as a side business! I've designed a few engagement rings and will be selling them in lab diamonds. I'm thinking about starting slow right now and then possibly going to the GIA for formal training which is a lifelong dream of mine. What do you think of one of them?

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Is UGG some sort of 'aspirational' brand in the US? 😂 I'm in Europe and the only item I know from the brand are those hideous shoes which went out of fashion in 2013 as they're super impractical for rainy winters.
Ugg boots are originally from Australia, and it's the name of the type of boot, not a brand. They're actually used as slippers in Aus and NZ, never outside (lest you be seen as a bogan) :) The US kinda stole the name and ran with it!

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.