Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Be More Pacific

VIP Member
48 years gives hope as life doesn't mean life. He could be out at 71 to live out his days and that's wrong.
It doesn't fit the criteria for a whole life term. I can't believe he got 48 years, one of the biggest sentences I've ever seen, and people are still unhappy. Imagine being 23 years old and knowing you will never see freedom for 48 years, if you live that long. Just let that sink in.

Live out his days at 71? Very few days left. He will be institutionalised and his kid won’t know who he is. The baby’s mum will have moved on, maybe moved away. His life is over. He should rot in that cell and relive that Christmas Eve every day for the rest of his rotten life
Agreed. His life is over. And if he's already sulking under a blanket, on anti depressants and living on instant noodles, he ain't gonna last 48 years!

Last edited:
Reactions: 17

observerisshe

Chatty Member
Live out his days at 71? Very few days left. He will be institutionalised and his kid won’t know who he is. The baby’s mum will have moved on, maybe moved away. His life is over. He should rot in that cell and relive that Christmas Eve every day for the rest of his rotten life

Reactions: 16

LouBug19

VIP Member
I can’t believe there are more people on this thread slagging her dad off than Connor chapman 🙈
I know, he wanted to do the film and talk about her. That was their last holiday together so it was memories for him. Memories he can't make again cause that a hole took her life.

• Heart
Reactions: 14

sillydot

Chatty Member
Dont be fooled by the high profile footballer players.. they are all wrapped up in it. Especially a lot in Liverpool - The fowlers, Gerard’s, Gallaghers are all linked to it. You only need to see who Steven Gerard’s daughters fella is

• Wow
Reactions: 12

MizMac

Posting on here because threads for other trials have now been closed.

I’ve just left a very large, well known, Chinese Restaurant in Liverpool. A certain notorious family were on a table in my line of sight. Kids were dressed up like fucking Christmas trees in highly flammable impractical matching outfits and were running around the place uncontrollably. Mother was knocking back Rose like her life depended on it and had a lovely exchange with one off the kids, telling them “they should be fucking scared” of her. The fellas they were with were up and down constantly, had an attitude with the staff from the get off and just seemed to want to make their presence felt.

We couldn’t wait to get out of there. Awful people.
Like a game of Cluedo this 🕵🏻‍♀️
Was it the Coggins, in the Tai Pan with some cutlery? 😉😂

• Haha
Reactions: 12

Brummiebird

VIP Member

I’ve just left a very large, well known, Chinese Restaurant in Liverpool. A certain notorious family were on a table in my line of sight. Kids were dressed up like fucking Christmas trees in highly flammable impractical matching outfits and were running around the place uncontrollably. Mother was knocking back Rose like her life depended on it and had a lovely exchange with one off the kids, telling them “they should be fucking scared” of her. The fellas they were with were up and down constantly, had an attitude with the staff from the get off and just seemed to want to make their presence felt.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 10

MissTeddy

VIP Member
Couldn’t agree more @Be More Pacific … and let’s not forget 48 yrs is the minimum. He still has to apply for parole at that point - it’s not automatic release. I just can’t get my head around living at 23 with a sentence like that - it blows my mind, he’s not even got a big time criminal empire to control from inside. He‘ll be forgotten like the pathetic little scroat he is.

I wouldn’t be surprised if he takes his life. He’s on antidepressants etc.

• Heart

Tiger tat

I don’t know about them and I live here 💁🏻‍♀️ Can you elaborate? I need educating!
Ha me too. The things my partner tells me that they hear in their job are absolutely baffling to me. It’s such a corrosive, all encompassing culture if you’re caught up in it.

Imagine though, being the child of a premier league footballer with all the money you’ll ever need and being in a relationship with some gangland fuckwit.

sillydot

Chatty Member
Sadly he isn’t wired up like you and I. The people he will be around won’t phase him. He’ll have plenty of pals inside. He’ll take every risk going, phone, drugs etc cuz it can’t get any worse for him can it.

Reactions: 9

sillydot

Chatty Member
If it wasn’t him there’s absolutely no chance he will say who it was. He would rather do the time. That’s how they all work. They are not wired like you and I. Especially in Liverpool. Zero grass culture. I don’t agree with it - but that’s the reality

MissTeddy

VIP Member
No it’s a minimum term of 48 years of imprisonment before he can apply for parole .
Its a very very long stretch and I doubt he’ll make old bones.

sillydot

Chatty Member
It’s tragic what happened to Elle but there are just as bad/if not worse crimes out there that don’t get the same coverage. Very sad for families who lose children in the same way and don’t get no where near the same exposure/support

Reactions: 8
I didn't know we had a thread. I live quite close. About under an hour's walk from the scene.
I remember Christmas early morning but still dark and being woken by flashing lights of police cars. Which typing this out seems incredible as the road outside is nowhere near the incident.
I remember reading the news before opening presents later.
It was the quietest I'd ever heard my estate. And not just Christmas morning. For days after.
It's so heartbreaking. I don't know any of the families. And just shocked it happened at that place of all locations.
Leaving aside I've no tea, I'm glad 48 years. I hope her family campaigns to make sure he does the full term.
I haven't followed how the investigation unfolded. But saw the footage of his arrest at the supermarket.
That's the point I want to make. Guns were never used usually. It was always a beating or stabbing. I just hope it doesn't happen again for some time. It probably already has.
Lived here decades, this locally is the most tragic event that's happened in memory. It's that quiet. I don't know how to end this but hope it doesn't come across as hogging the attention of the killing.
That's always the important bit. He's lucky he's just got a prison sentence! The amount of smaller/interconnected/etc gangs who were ok until he bought that heat onto North East Wirral.
I always thought if he doesn't get arrested, he'd get executed.
48 great.
R.I.P. Elle Edwards.

• Heart

Peakyblinders

VIP Member
I know, he wanted to do the film and talk about her. That was their last holiday together so it was memories for him. Memories he can't make again cause that a hole took her life.
Exactly! Watching that programme you could see how close they were. Especially that end video after their day out together, broke my heart. If he wants to do a programme in her memory why not! Typical of tattle for people to focus on that rather the scumbag who took her life.

• Heart

chattycatty

VIP Member

Gis a clue its been a few days now did you get out alive 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha

Be More Pacific

VIP Member
Personally, I think this blanket coverage on the BBC News channel is a bit over the top. I read they have been speaking to Elle Edwards' father throughout the trial, which probably explains why.

For context, a man has also been sentenced to 44 years today for murdering a woman and her two young children by deliberately setting fire to her home and watching the fire take hold. Absolutely nothing about that on the TV - there is a report on the website.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7