Elle Darby #33 In a unitard edited to high heaven, first trip to car park for Saint Seven

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh here we go………
Another one who has jumped on the acid reflux bandwagon!!!!
Ffs this boils my blood 😡 newborn babies cry, newborn babies don’t sleep when we want them to, newborn babies get colic why is it every bleeping influencer claims their baby has acid reflux and it’s been so much harder for them than anyone else!!
You can breast feed an acid reflux baby, it is harder work and you probably will need to change your own diet to help so of course Elle the self obsessed twit isn’t going to do that so this is just what she needed to justify putting him on the bottle. Having had a true reflux baby who suffered with GERD and CMPA and still does occasionally even now at 9 years old Elle wants to hope to god saint doesn’t have that before she starts bounding around diagnosis and excuses because she will have no sleep, no routine, a miserable crying, in pain distressed baby who will require far more than a bit of gaviscon for a long time if she does, he will be anything but a ‘saint’ and she will be on the verge of loosing her mind (I’m speaking from experience)
And as much as she is a smug annoying prick I wouldn’t even wish that on her or saint!
agreed I had a true reflux baby’s projectile vomited nearly every feed for about 2 monthsit was heartbreaking

• Sad
Reactions: 5
agreed I had a true reflux baby’s projectile vomited nearly every feed for about 2 monthsit was heartbreaking
But we don't know that this isn't what Saint is like???

I'll get moaned at for this, but just because your child may have had severe reflux doesn't mean that a milder case isn't really hard to handle.
I'm speaking from someone who's daughter had bad reflux.

• Heart
Reactions: 54
Hmm, that isn’t true about having to give up breastfeeding. What I’m assuming they have given her is the little sachets of gaviscon powder to put into bottles. However, if you are breastfeeding the majority of doctors, especially female doctors would chose to prescribe something else like Omeprazole or something similar. It costs the NHS alot more than gaviscon so that’s sometimes why they are reluctant to prescribe it but we are now going on 12 months strong with breastfeeding with the help of Omeprazole and whilst it has been one of the most difficult things I’ve ever had to do with a little one who suffers from really bad reflux, it has also been the most rewarding! We bottlefed our eldest and breastfed our littlest, fed is absolutely best but it’s pretty obvious that Elle was looking for a bit of an excuse! Breastfeeding is absolutely possible in a baby that has any kind of reflux, you just need a little determination 💜
This ⬆⬆⬆

Will the girl ever just tell the truth and own up? It’s bull. Again, nothing wrong with bottle fed just stop lying about it. Makes me so annoyed!

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I know this isn’t a rave thread but some of these comments are wayyyyy harsh! She’s a FTM if her baby was really unsettled and she’s queried it with a GP health visitor and they’ve said it’s silent reflux then she’s surely just going to assume their diagnosis is correct and go along with what they recommend? Seems to me docs are v.quick to diagnose reflux and offer gaviscon and as a mum you just want to try anything to stop your baby being upset.
My baby was the most grizzly little ball of fury for the first 4-6months and we tried so many things and there was always debate as to whether it really was reflux or colic or just general gastrointestinal discomfort, but it’s so hard to diagnose with tiny babies so they just shove gaviscon at you in the hopes it will help.
I find it so shocking that any mum who’s dealt with the struggles of a refluxy newborn could be so nasty. Yeah there’s a lot of questionable things elle does but seriously give the woman some credit for trying to breastfeed amoungst these issues, it’s not like she has her own mum Around to support her!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 107
I know this isn’t a rave thread but some of these comments are wayyyyy harsh! She’s a FTM if her baby was really unsettled and she’s queried it with a GP health visitor and they’ve said it’s silent reflux then she’s surely just going to assume their diagnosis is correct and go along with what they recommend? Seems to me docs are v.quick to diagnose reflux and offer gaviscon and as a mum you just want to try anything to stop your baby being upset.
My baby was the most grizzly little ball of fury for the first 4-6months and we tried so many things and there was always debate as to whether it really was reflux or colic or just general gastrointestinal discomfort, but it’s so hard to diagnose with tiny babies so they just shove gaviscon at you in the hopes it will help.
I find it so shocking that any mum who’s dealt with the struggles of a refluxy newborn could be so nasty. Yeah there’s a lot of questionable things elle does but seriously give the woman some credit for trying to breastfeed amoungst these issues, it’s not like she has her own mum Around to support her!
I have to agree!

Reactions: 22
And you know what…. I’m pretty sure if she wasn’t such a money grabbing, self absorbed, fake sell her soul to the gram if she can twit then people would be a lot more supportive of her.
or here’s a thought take a bit of time of the gram dramatising every aspect of your life and just get on with the ups and downs of motherhood with the “real” people you do have in your life instead of constantly seeking attention and affirmation from your Angelles!!

• Heart
Reactions: 20
You can absolutely breastfeed and give gaviscon. I do it as per the instructions with cooled boiled water. And give half way through a feed.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
You can absolutely breastfeed and give gaviscon. I do it as per the instructions with cooled boiled water. And give half way through a feed.
You're right. I'm sure I still have a packet hanging around somewhere with those instructions.

If she's going to exclusively pump then that's hard work, even with a fancy shmancy Elvie pump. I wish she would be open and honest if she doesn't want to keep up breastfeeding.

I’m not gonna get into the breast vs bottle debate as I find it quite a sensitive subject but I’m honestly so surprised he’s had a diagnosis that quick, from my experience and others that I know of, a diagnosis was really hard to get for silent reflux!

Reactions: 19
C283D55A-6ECA-48DE-BA7F-6BAA90610964.jpeg

Oh shut the duck up, Con! Stop making everything about this little baby. Son this, son that…Give the poor fellow a break! Bad enough he’s got you two twats as parents. Now, he’s suffering from Silent Acid Reflux. Take a day off with the “son” money grabs🤦‍♀️

• Sick
Reactions: 23
I’m not gonna get into the breast vs bottle debate as I find it quite a sensitive subject but I’m honestly so surprised he’s had a diagnosis that quick, from my experience and others that I know of, a diagnosis was really hard to get for silent reflux!
As I understand it, it’s often over diagnosed. I.e they’d rather assume it’s reflux and try gaviscon and see if it helps, than do nothing

You're right. I'm sure I still have a packet hanging around somewhere with those instructions.

If she's going to exclusively pump then that's hard work, even with a fancy shmancy Elvie pump. I wish she would be open and honest if she doesn't want to keep up breastfeeding.
Maybe she doesn’t want to admit she wants to give up breastfeeding because holy duck I wouldn’t want to admit that to 10 Instagram followers i chose to give up breastfeeding because it was too hard, let alone her thousands of followers. Could you imagine the nasty backlash she would get? People are downright vicious when it comes to formula feeding.

Last edited:
Reactions: 16
Nah I can't cope with them still referring to him as baby boy 😂
I prefer 'baby boy' to 'Saint' though 😂

It seems the poor little one has acid reflux .....So, don't think her and Connuh are getting much sleep

As I understand it, it’s often over diagnosed. I.e they’d rather assume it’s reflux and try gaviscon and see if it helps, than do nothing

Maybe she doesn’t want to admit she wants to give up breastfeeding because holy duck I wouldn’t want to admit that to 10 Instagram followers i chose to give up breastfeeding because it was too hard, let alone her thousands of followers. Could you imagine the nasty backlash she would get? People are downright vicious when it comes to formula feeding.
If she weren't an influencer then 100%. I got tit for giving up breastfeeding quickly because it just didn't work out for us. Even had family members without kids trying to give me advice 🙄

However, her job title is literally influencer. So as much as the backlash could be a concern, she'd be doing a good thing by admitting she has found it hard and is choosing to use formula instead.

But anyway, we are only speculating really that this is the reason. For all we know the doctor said to her "you'll need to give it in a bottle" and she's not read the packet and gone with that advice

Reactions: 12
No one actually really knows if she ever was breastfeeding in the first place 🤔 OR if she’s been to the doctors/baby’s been “diagnosed”with anything
The woman lies quite abit 🤔 So no point in taking what she’s proclaimed/proclaiming today as the 100% certified truth IMO…. Just saying 🤷🏽‍♀️

Reactions: 15
Have we seen any photos of her breastfeeding? Evidence or it never happened. I’d put money on her saying she has been, but that outfit she was spotted out in Bath in was not something breastfeeding friendly. Wouldn’t surprise me if she’s been lying about it to project the ‘perfect’ image.

I don’t care how she feeds her baby, just don’t lie about it. Funny how everything was just amazing and suddenly there is a problem. The fakeness is so annoying.

Reactions: 24
I can sympathise with her about the reflux situation my girl had silent reflux from 3 weeks up until about 8 weeks was hell she squealed constantly until she got the right treatment for us all it literally took was some milk thickener, it was misdiagnosed as colic at first 🙈 I was bottle feeding though so I can’t comment on the breastfeeding

Reactions: 4
I feel for her massively I can’t help it. I also think she got slated for making out everything and the baby was so perfect but now she’s showing it’s not she’s also letting slated. Can’t really win on this one. My first born had silent reflux and no one on social media would have guessed from the few pretty pictures I put up but wow was it HELL. I had pretty severe post natal depression and had to be hospitalised and I put a lot of it down to the trauma of having a screaming baby 24/7 due to silent reflux. So maybe I’m just biased on this point but I couldn’t help but feel massively bad for her when she posted her baby has it. I’m actually relieved she’s finally being real about the common realities of motherhood as I didn’t actually expect her to in ANY capacity. Now if she could just stop photoshopping that would be great.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.