Elena Handtrack

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I really like her content but am I the only one who finds the constant promotion of McDonald's a bit annoying? Like they're not sponsoring you or anything, you don't have to mention them in every video. I get that she's using it as a joke cause it's her quirky personality trait or whatever, but I just don't find it all that funny tbh? Maybe it's just me, idk

Reactions: 1
I really like her content but am I the only one who finds the constant promotion of McDonald's a bit annoying? Like they're not sponsoring you or anything, you don't have to mention them in every video. I get that she's using it as a joke cause it's her quirky personality trait or whatever, but I just don't find it all that funny tbh? Maybe it's just me, idk
I agree, I think she's trying to juxtapose that sort of "booksmart"/preppy aesthetic of hers with something more "down to earth" (/almost "trashy" not in a bad way, just not something that's perceived as fancy or nice). Idk how to explain it but I feel the same way about how much she talks about German rap on tiktok, I think she enjoys how much it doesn't match what you'd assume about her based on her outfits/aesthetics/degree/study content

Reactions: 4
Her new video is up. Is it just me or has her way of speaking changed completely? It's like listening to a different person. Not better or worse, just different.

Reactions: 2
Yeah her voice was a lot deeper and her sense of humour was different. Like you say not in a bad way, she actually seemed more mature and confident maybe, but it's not what I was expecting. I still enjoyed it though!

how much money does she have? the apartment looks so much bigger than what I could afford as a student.

Reactions: 5
It’s actually insane because Tübing is like the fourth most expensive city in Germany.

Yeah and especially in the current situation with the crazy skyrocketing prices and everything! Plus she is renting unfurnished and bought all that furniture, so even more expensive. I guess she just earns a lot of money with her youtube etc? Definitely not the average student lifestyle^^

Reactions: 3
Yeah and especially in the current situation with the crazy skyrocketing prices and everything! Plus she is renting unfurnished and bought all that furniture, so even more expensive. I guess she just earns a lot of money with her youtube etc? Definitely not the average student lifestyle^^
furnished apartments are kinda hard to come by in Germany (unless you're in uni accommodation) but most students would get their furniture second hand off of marketplace type websites, not new from ikea. Although it's not like she got super expensive stuff and if her yt earnings allow for this, good for her!

She's at Universität Tübingen, right? That's a public uni and there are no tuition fees at public universities in Germany, only a €200-€300 admin/"social" fee per semester called "Semesterbeitrag" or "Sozialbeitrag" (which includes a public transport ticket), but that's not tuition. You're never going to have to pay tuition fees at a public uni in Germany (except in some specific circumstances, but not in her case).

Her apartment is still nicer than what most other students in Germany (who obviously also don't pay tuition) can afford though, so ig it must really be youtube/social media money (or her parents are willing to contribute a larger amount to rent, etc. who knows)

edit: looked it up, the Semesterbeitrag at Uni Tübingen is actually only €158,30. Their public transport ticket is probably limited to only the city/local area (oftentimes the fee is more expensive but you get a ticket for the larger region or whole federal state) but yeah, that's all she's paying for uni itself (not including books and other materials she might have to buy).

Last edited:
I like her university journey and aesthetics she presents, plus she's been showing the struggles too. But it has changed somewhat and gone very sparse (one video every other month?). I'm kinda bummed! Plus, I don't think Tübingen will live up to Cambridge in terms of aesthetics. I'm bummed she didn't choose to continue at Cambridge...

I like her university journey and aesthetics she presents, plus she's been showing the struggles too. But it has changed somewhat and gone very sparse (one video every other month?). I'm kinda bummed! Plus, I don't think Tübingen will live up to Cambridge in terms of aesthetics. I'm bummed she didn't choose to continue at Cambridge...
An LLM at Cambridge is £21,500 in fees if you are a Home student or £37,500 if you are Overseas (which Elena may be considered as being, due to Brexit, it depends). That's without living costs - Cambridge is one of the most expensive cities in the UK outside of London. Plus she's very near her family in Tübingen, I think they're in Stuttgart.

An LLM at Cambridge is £21,500 in fees if you are a Home student or £37,500 if you are Overseas (which Elena may be considered as being, due to Brexit, it depends). That's without living costs - Cambridge is one of the most expensive cities in the UK outside of London. Plus she's very near her family in Tübingen, I think they're in Stuttgart.
Gosh, absolutely! I forgot about this. Elena was already a student and could complete as a Home student prices but definitely a massive difference now!

I miss Elena's content from when she was a Cambridge student. She was so amazing to watch after watching for years Holly Gabrielle, which imo got more and more weird. Elena was a breath of fresh air with her love to Mc Donald's and Elle Woods appearence. Sadly I think that she will sooner or later close her yt channel and I don't understand anything that she writes on IG in german. I can see that there's not a lot of education oriented content anymore from her which is sad.

Reactions: 6
I really miss Elena's content. Her accounts have gotten so quiet lately.

(I am glad she hasn't - and probably never will - pulled a "studytuber turned shallow influencer" thingy and it's great to see an influencer leading a normal university/working life but I still miss the one and only Miss Handtrack)

Yeah, even her tiktok has gotten pretty quiet recently, but she's finishing up her master's and seems to have a job on the side, plus she has a bf and is getting her driver's license so she must be super busy! I wonder if she'll continue to even have an online presence at all once she starts working full time

Being Home/International actually isn't judged on your nationality, it's all on residency before you started studying. I have a few friends who were UK Citizens but couldn't qualify for Home Status as their parents had worked abroad... it's pretty cheeky tbh.

Sorry I know this thread is basically dead but does anyone still watch her tiktoks? I really don't know what to make of her content now or where she seems to be going with it