Eleanor Neale #2 The Case of the Exploitative True Crime YouTuber

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Another pet peeve of mine that Eleanor is guilty of (and some other true crime YouTubers have used) is the bizarre and inconsistent use of trigger warnings.

I get it if the trigger warning is for something that doesn’t have a clear and obvious link to a murder case (eating disorders is a good example) as this could come as a surprise to the viewer.

But I do not understand why anyone who is easily triggered by domestic violence or gun crime would be watching a true crime video in the first place, let alone something with a title like “The Man Who Shot His Daughter”. So why issue that type of warning?

Also, notice how she never says “Trigger warning: murder”?!

Reactions: 16
What’s everyone’s thoughts on her saying that she lost the weight healthily? I still think it was surgical (not calling that bad at all, if that’s what makes her happy go for it. Just don’t agree with lying about it)

Reactions: 9
What’s everyone’s thoughts on her saying that she lost the weight healthily? I still think it was surgical (not calling that bad at all, if that’s what makes her happy go for it. Just don’t agree with lying about it)
Surgery is healthy, but it’s healthy with help and I feel like she’s dancing around admitting to it. It’s okay to need help and to get the surgery, because she still put in the work and followed the doctors instructions to successfully lose and maintain weight loss.

Reactions: 5
Anyone else find her latest video a little bit strange? Just a bit all over the place and it seems like she’s struggling to hold a sentence or explain anything/contain her thoughts. Very weird! Not a fan of her but hope she’s ok.

Anyone else find her latest video a little bit strange? Just a bit all over the place and it seems like she’s struggling to hold a sentence or explain anything/contain her thoughts. Very weird! Not a fan of her but hope she’s ok.
The bit about the police working on Christmas Day got me. And the rest of video seemed so poorly researched and explained. She kept referring to two daughters and ‘the other daughter’ When it was actually a son. I doubt there’s anything wrong with her though, she probably just threw the video together for a quick Christmas cash grab

Reactions: 8
Oh absolutely!! Definitely more likely that it was a panicked thrown together video to get that last bit of December ad revenue before Christmas. It just reminds me of how I am when I’m anxious or struggling, so can’t help but wonder!

Reactions: 4
Her entire Instagram gives off “18-year-old girl from a small town enjoying herself with her new flatmates in Freshers Week at a halls of residence” and not “career woman who turns 24 this month and is enjoying life in a nice London flat”.

I don’t know - I’m in my early 30s and realise that I am both not of this generation and also didn’t get my peak party years stolen by a pandemic. But her whole social media persona seems a little bit… childish? I’m probably phrasing this very clumsily but hopefully you know what I mean.

Reactions: 21
I just watched some of the video of her going to Fright Night on her second channel (from a couple of months ago). Her and her mates are so obnoxious sitting on the floor of the train, blocking the doors and shouting.

Reactions: 3
I don't know how to phrase this, without it sounding off, but I feel like since she's lost weight she's become such an hole and so problematic with her videos. Like not caring about offending people/laughing at stuff in her crime videos/ just overall being a knob.

Reactions: 24
Surgery is healthy, but it’s healthy with help and I feel like she’s dancing around admitting to it. It’s okay to need help and to get the surgery, because she still put in the work and followed the doctors instructions to successfully lose and maintain weight loss.
I don’t see why everybody is so fussed to know about it. She’s said it was done healthy and that she doesn’t want people to worry but she’s clearly not interested into going into the details and that’s fair. It’s not really any bodies business.

Her entire Instagram gives off “18-year-old girl from a small town enjoying herself with her new flatmates in Freshers Week at a halls of residence” and not “career woman who turns 24 this month and is enjoying life in a nice London flat”.

I don’t know - I’m in my early 30s and realise that I am both not of this generation and also didn’t get my peak party years stolen by a pandemic. But her whole social media persona seems a little bit… childish? I’m probably phrasing this very clumsily but hopefully you know what I mean.
You explained her vibes perfectly.

I don't know how to phrase this, without it sounding off, but I feel like since she's lost weight she's become such an hole and so problematic with her videos. Like not caring about offending people/laughing at stuff in her crime videos/ just overall being a knob.
I think it's likely a combination of her getting a lot of positive attention / feeling more confident after her weight loss, and this coinciding with her move to London and internet "fame" along with the channel being what pays for her lifestyle and expensive apartment

Reactions: 14
Her new video is awful. The random exaggerations of words, like why??
also I don’t really like how she kind of put blame on Joan the victim by making out she’d been racist when it hadn’t been proven?
the guy even said she didn’t say anythinghe just got a vibe from her. Eleanor really should’ve emphasised that there really wasn’t evidence of Joan being racist.
I donr know it just rubbed me the wrong way

must be nice staying in a 3/4k per night accommodation and vlogging it so it's a tax write off :sleep:

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
I’ve haven’t watched any of her content now in a long long time but her other channel popped up in recommended today and YouTube plays a small portion without you clicking on it. all I caught was her talking about being a 24 year old woman and not knowing how she feels about it, whilst acting pissed out of her head and saying something about her name being Ellie now and that she had to correct herself when she called herself “Eleanor” …what the eff have I missed here? Why is her name no longer her name and why is she always acting rat arsed? ….the video was something to do with having a boyfriend who is actually a real person. I don’t know. I didn’t watch it.

Reactions: 7
What is it with her having to tell us that EVERYTHING is her worst fear? Halfway through her latest video and she’s already said it for two separate things

• Haha
(I bet she can’t wait to do a video on Nicola Bulley)

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 20