Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
I notice she does something in all of her vids that other true crime youtubers dont.. she goes off on tangents about random stuff about the victims that sound like she just made it up herself. Like acting as if she personally knew the victim and/or the family Stuff that youd never hear on the news or from police and just doesnt seem facutal or relevant. And i always think.. how did she know that. Itll be stuff like "oh *insert name* just loved *insert random thing*" i cant think of any direct quotes off the top of my head but it just seems like something she has made up herself every time.

Reactions: 27

Skinnylike

Can she put the victims name in the fucking title. Im so sick of this "murdered for being..." and "e-girl murder" its just disrespectful

Reactions: 25

yovnglion

I'm watching her Teacup Poisoner video and has she really just said the doctor was Googling symptoms when the case took place in the 70s?! Eleanor please 😭 engage your brain

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 24

Katleesi

VIP Member
I don't know how to phrase this, without it sounding off, but I feel like since she's lost weight she's become such an arsehole and so problematic with her videos. Like not caring about offending people/laughing at stuff in her crime videos/ just overall being a knob.

holly1727373!3

VIP Member
The way the listing calls for the researcher to present the information as a script just shows how little she does.

She doesn’t research herself, doesn’t write the script and doesn’t even edit her own videos. So all she does is is ad lib the weird bits in between the information where she makes up personal info about the victims and writes the insensitive click bait titles

• Wow

-eira-

Latest video… a man crawling through a cat flap is “the funniest thing she’s ever heard”… he’s crawling through the cat flap to murder an innocent woman.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 23

Flyonthewallxo

Okay so, I always LOVED Eleanor. Then one day I was listening to her video about a young girl being raped, the video stopped and she started screaming about her merch release and I stopped in my tracks. I thought how distasteful is this, to the story, the victim, the family. I've never watched her since. Listen I know that's how YouTube works and how money is made but why then, why that video? You have a WHOLE SECOND CHANNEL where your life and merchandise can be promoted, instagram etc. It was so tacky and disgusting and I realised why she was doing what she was doing.
Not for more recognition for crimes that affect POC, Not to help the girls family but for her own selfish wants and cash.

• Sad
Reactions: 22
Absolutely! Whenever I’ve watched one of her videos in front of my husband, he has always commented on this.
Ever since i started watching ger videos i always thought that aspect was so strange. She acts as if she personally knew the victim and has inside knowledge of their personality. Its so creepy and wrong. Its seems like she might take a comment a family member made publicly and run with it and make her own stories up around it. For example maybe a family member might mention the victim loved horses in a documentary or something But eleanor will be like "oh lucy loved horses so much her whole bedroom was horse themed her favourite colour horse was black and she used to ride her neigbours black horse called billy every saturday after hockey practice and she just looooooved him so much and every one knew how much she loved to ride billy after hockey practice, he was her best friend and she would draw pictures of him and give them to her granny" 😂 thats just me over exaggerating but thats how it sound to me everytime she goes off on one of these weird tangents

• Haha
Reactions: 21

RJF

VIP Member
Her entire Instagram gives off “18-year-old girl from a small town enjoying herself with her new flatmates in Freshers Week at a halls of residence” and not “career woman who turns 24 this month and is enjoying life in a nice London flat”.

I don’t know - I’m in my early 30s and realise that I am both not of this generation and also didn’t get my peak party years stolen by a pandemic. But her whole social media persona seems a little bit… childish? I’m probably phrasing this very clumsily but hopefully you know what I mean.

Reactions: 21

Sharkfan

Just watched her video on the Bianca Devins case and could not believe she was shit talking a tv company for wanting to make a series about the case for profit when she does the exact same thing. She literally starts and ends the video talking about casify- using the story of how a girl was murdered to get sponsored. What a hypocrite!

• Wow
Reactions: 19

jayne2240

VIP Member
I haven’t dipped into an Eleanor video in probably 12-18 months at this point as there is so much better content. But her videos still will pop up in my recommended and it is just shocking how clickbaity she’s become! I used to really rate how her titles were always very to the point, they would say the victims name and part one or whatever and that was it. The one I’m currently being recommended is from a few days ago called “lesbian nurses in a twisted serial killing pact” and it’s just beyond insensitive and to be honest comes across desperate for clicks. A good video doesn’t need a grabby title, people will watch for the content.

Reactions: 18

smoresss

I was watching Eleanor’s video on Joy Morgan today and as I was scrolling through the comments, I saw members of her family saying how poorly researched her video is. This is badddd

Attachments

• Wow
Reactions: 18

AnonyGoss

VIP Member
I think this is the first time I've seen someone make a video solely about her.
Anyway, I'm about to watch this..

This pinned comment on the video vroke my heart.

Screenshot_20220930-101642_YouTube.jpg
Screenshot_20220930-101653_YouTube.jpg

Screenshot_20220930-101701_YouTube.jpg

• Sad
Reactions: 17

tusk

Never really had an opinion on her over the years but it’s since her video from like a couple weeks ago that she now just annoys me so much

Not defending the murderer at all not even defending his personality outside of the bad stuff bc if someone’s evil idc to speak well of any aspect of their life but it’s really just the things that Eleanor chooses to focus on that annoy me

She just kepppt on going on about how he had no friends stuff like that “he was SUCH a weird person because he had NO FRIENDS. what a big sign he was a WEIRDO he only spoke to ONE person and that was a work colleague so that doesn’t even COUNT. not a SINGLE friend” that’s what it was like the whole video focusing more on that than the fact he was a bloody stalker like argh it just pisses me off, I don’t have any friends cause of social awkwardness, that isn’t automatically a sign I’m going to be a psychopath. Why does she always have to belittle things like being quiet or nerdy etc. you should just be focusing on facts babe

PixieLOL

I’m watching the Sophie Lancaster case and I’ve watched a lot of content from this case as I had to study it and this is the first video I’ve ever see that has more focus on the perpetrators rather than focusing on Sophie. It’s bizzare and quite sad considering all the campaign work that’s been done in her name.

She also claims it’s not ‘technically’ considered a hate crime and that it’s only considered a hate crime in some places in the UK but she’s wrong. Sophie’s mother campaigned to make the distinction that attacks against subcultures WAS a hate crime she was successful. Plus the UK isn’t America, counties can’t decide what part of the law or what laws they can follow. I don’t know why she was so insistent on that. It felt like it was minimising the behaviour.

-eira-

Eleanor in her last video not knowing why a man who was being abused in his relationship would stay. Not like manipulation and gaslighting into making the victim feel at fault and trapped isn’t key to an abusive relationship or anything.

New drinking game, everytime Eleanor says “I don’t know“ after stating a key fact that you’d kind of want to get right before stating.

• Haha

RJF

VIP Member
Another pet peeve of mine that Eleanor is guilty of (and some other true crime YouTubers have used) is the bizarre and inconsistent use of trigger warnings.

I get it if the trigger warning is for something that doesn’t have a clear and obvious link to a murder case (eating disorders is a good example) as this could come as a surprise to the viewer.

But I do not understand why anyone who is easily triggered by domestic violence or gun crime would be watching a true crime video in the first place, let alone something with a title like “The Man Who Shot His Daughter”. So why issue that type of warning?

Also, notice how she never says “Trigger warning: murder”?!

Reactions: 16

username_taken_

I really used to love Eleanor but I’ve massively gone off her now.
One thing that really annoys me is when she says ‘I’ve heard that *insert fact here*’ - no you didn’t hear that Eleanor, the case was 50 years ago. Who’s your sudden informer on all of your cases? 🤣 it’s such a petty thing but it proper winds me up 🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 16

KitcRed

In her latest video, she questions if Wicker is a Pagen religion, then sums it up as ‘witchcraft kind of stuff’. Surely if your job was to present factual information, you could spare 2 minutes searching for accurate descriptions?

This girl reeks of entitlement - it’s time she left these videos to those who actually have an ounce of empathy.

Reactions: 15