Eleanor Neale #2 The Case of the Exploitative True Crime YouTuber

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I notice she does something in all of her vids that other true crime youtubers dont.. she goes off on tangents about random stuff about the victims that sound like she just made it up herself. Like acting as if she personally knew the victim and/or the family Stuff that youd never hear on the news or from police and just doesnt seem facutal or relevant. And i always think.. how did she know that. Itll be stuff like "oh *insert name* just loved *insert random thing*" i cant think of any direct quotes off the top of my head but it just seems like something she has made up herself every time.

Reactions: 27
I notice she does something in all of her vids that other true crime youtubers dont.. she goes off on tangents about random stuff about the victims that sound like she just made it up herself. Like acting as if she personally knew the victim and/or the family Stuff that youd never hear on the news or from police and just doesnt seem facutal or relevant. And i always think.. how did she know that. Itll be stuff like "oh *insert name* just loved *insert random thing*" i cant think of any direct quotes off the top of my head but it just seems like something she has made up herself every time.
Absolutely! Whenever I’ve watched one of her videos in front of my husband, he has always commented on this.

Reactions: 9
I think this is the first time I've seen someone make a video solely about her.
Anyway, I'm about to watch this..

This pinned comment on the video vroke my heart.

Screenshot_20220930-101642_YouTube.jpg
Screenshot_20220930-101653_YouTube.jpg

Screenshot_20220930-101701_YouTube.jpg

• Sad
Reactions: 17
Absolutely! Whenever I’ve watched one of her videos in front of my husband, he has always commented on this.
Ever since i started watching ger videos i always thought that aspect was so strange. She acts as if she personally knew the victim and has inside knowledge of their personality. Its so creepy and wrong. Its seems like she might take a comment a family member made publicly and run with it and make her own stories up around it. For example maybe a family member might mention the victim loved horses in a documentary or something But eleanor will be like "oh lucy loved horses so much her whole bedroom was horse themed her favourite colour horse was black and she used to ride her neigbours black horse called billy every saturday after hockey practice and she just looooooved him so much and every one knew how much she loved to ride billy after hockey practice, he was her best friend and she would draw pictures of him and give them to her granny" 😂 thats just me over exaggerating but thats how it sound to me everytime she goes off on one of these weird tangents

• Haha
Reactions: 21
I know there’s only so much info on a case available to the public but I’m currently watching a video by “Explore With Us” on the Slenderman killings and everything Eleanor said in her video is like a word for word regurgitation of what was said in the Explore with us vid. In her vid Eleanor says that if a wound would have been half a hairs width closer to an artery the victim would’ve passed away and that’s exactly what EWU say in their video. So Eleanor’s version of a research is watching an incredibly well made in depth video on the case and just rewording it? That’s called plagiarism love

Reactions: 8
Okay so, I always LOVED Eleanor. Then one day I was listening to her video about a young girl being raped, the video stopped and she started screaming about her merch release and I stopped in my tracks. I thought how distasteful is this, to the story, the victim, the family. I've never watched her since. Listen I know that's how YouTube works and how money is made but why then, why that video? You have a WHOLE SECOND CHANNEL where your life and merchandise can be promoted, instagram etc. It was so tacky and disgusting and I realised why she was doing what she was doing.
Not for more recognition for crimes that affect POC, Not to help the girls family but for her own selfish wants and cash.

• Sad
Reactions: 22
Okay so, I always LOVED Eleanor. Then one day I was listening to her video about a young girl being raped, the video stopped and she started screaming about her merch release and I stopped in my tracks. I thought how distasteful is this, to the story, the victim, the family. I've never watched her since. Listen I know that's how YouTube works and how money is made but why then, why that video? You have a WHOLE SECOND CHANNEL where your life and merchandise can be promoted, instagram etc. It was so tacky and disgusting and I realised why she was doing what she was doing.
Not for more recognition for crimes that affect POC, Not to help the girls family but for her own selfish wants and cash.
omg what video was this??

Reactions: 4
Not to be picky but the BeReal notification went off at like 1:50pm yesterday not at night, just admit you saved it until you were out Eleanor instead of lying. The more I’m exposed to her, the more I think she’s just someone desperate to portray that she’s interesting/alternative but she’s just quite boring.

She is 23 and still talks like an over-excited teenager to appeal to her teen fanbase. Instead it just makes her come across as patronising to younger people, and immature compared to people her own age

Reactions: 5
She really does my nut in, I can’t watch her anymore, she just feels disrespectful in the way she talks about victims, how she titles her videos, the constant repeating of herself to pad out runtime
At this point, her entire channel is all for money, she doesn’t care about any of the cases she talks about as long as she gets the bag

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Not to be picky but the BeReal notification went off at like 1:50pm yesterday not at night, just admit you saved it until you were out Eleanor instead of lying
To be fair I do this sometimes 😂😂 otherwise all my be reals are exactly the same, me sat at my desk. If I know I’m going somewhere exciting that evening I might occasionally save it till then. I know I’m not the only one ahahaha

• Haha
Reactions: 5
To be fair I do this sometimes 😂😂 otherwise all my be reals are exactly the same, me sat at my desk. If I know I’m going somewhere exciting that evening I might occasionally save it till then. I know I’m not the only one ahahaha
No, I don’t mind people saving it, I do too 😂 but she captioned it something like ‘when the BeReal goes off during kpop night’ or something, when it clearly didn’t 😅 There’s just no reason to lie lmaooo

Reactions: 6
Her agency are recruiting a research assistant for her again. It’s the exact same listing as the one advertised last year

• Wow
Her agency are recruiting a research assistant for her again. It’s the exact same listing as the one advertised last year
Who's her agency? A friend of mine was looking at a job as a researcher with a true crime company about a month ago (he didn't apply) but the listing left out the name of the creator. Curious if it was Eleanor.

Reactions: 3
Who's her agency? A friend of mine was looking at a job as a researcher with a true crime company about a month ago (he didn't apply) but the listing left out the name of the creator. Curious if it was Eleanor.
It’s called Sixteenth! I myself applied last year thinking she was in desperate need of help doing her research as she is very basic in terms of that but didn’t get it. I’m glad I didn’t as her content is getting worse and worse

Reactions: 3
The way the listing calls for the researcher to present the information as a script just shows how little she does.

She doesn’t research herself, doesn’t write the script and doesn’t even edit her own videos. So all she does is is ad lib the weird bits in between the information where she makes up personal info about the victims and writes the insensitive click bait titles

• Wow
Reactions: 24
The way the listing calls for the researcher to present the information as a script just shows how little she does.

She doesn’t research herself, doesn’t write the script and doesn’t even edit her own videos. So all she does is is ad lib the weird bits in between the information where she makes up personal info about the victims and writes the insensitive click bait titles
Very very telling of the work ethic involved there. I will say that definitely wasn’t on the listing last year. The questions when you click through to apply are the same though.

And if anything goes downhill, tit hits the fan, any viewer is hurt/offended by the content, it won’t be Eleanors fault! It’s gonna be the researchers fault! This is bullshit. Basically making herself uncancellable

Reactions: 10
I think I have watched almost all of her uploads. But most of them are so difficult to get through! She’s young and she does not grasp the concept of technology and what was/is available during the times she is speaking of. Not only does that get annoying her latest upload (Bobby Jo) she went on about the court system and how the jury or judge accepts pleas. She does no research and purely speaks of what she believes is fair. The problem with this is that she has made remarks in almost every upload and still has yet to research what laws are and how the system arrives at certain convictions/sentences. I am not here to bash her though I find it irritating I will say she does have some good cases I have never heard before and while her research is poor her format and layout is done well.

Reactions: 7
I think I have watched almost all of her uploads. But most of them are so difficult to get through! She’s young and she does not grasp the concept of technology and what was/is available during the times she is speaking of. Not only does that get annoying her latest upload (Bobby Jo) she went on about the court system and how the jury or judge accepts pleas. She does no research and purely speaks of what she believes is fair. The problem with this is that she has made remarks in almost every upload and still has yet to research what laws are and how the system arrives at certain convictions/sentences. I am not here to bash her though I find it irritating I will say she does have some good cases I have never heard before and while her research is poor her format and layout is done well.
yeah I love how she will layout cases, makes it easy to follow imo. she could be good without the uneducated opinions and actual research. I've tried to watch other true crim ytubers but the way they talk either irritates me and how they layout the timeline of events makes it so hard to follow