Eleanor Lecocq #4 Eat, Shop, Manhunt

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
In the GG thread for amie they said she clearly has an affected accent. I can't really tell all the time (I can tell if someone is norther or souther or made in Chelsea posh, but that's about it) but it is similar to what Josie fashion mumblr and Lydia Millen do. They both try to sound more posh.

Amie has said in the past they live in flats that they own (I think they have/had multiple that they would rent out) that weren't always in nice areas (though they most recent place was on a main road near some town) to save money. I guess so she could spend more on luxury?

They seem to have bought a house now. But I have no idea how they manage. They always have a new company and they always seem to be trying to get rich quick and then shut down within a few years. I bet making videos and linking is more stable than their day jobs now.

Reactions: 9
While I dislike Amie, she does have a couple things Amie over Eleanor aside from building her channel up...SHE IS MARRIED and didn’t get a piss-colored diamond ring. 😂

And yeah, Elle did grossly overpay for those diamond studs from Nordstrom (albeit they looked whiter than her tennis bracelet and nicer than her engagement ring, lmao), which she proudly treated herself to because her hustles were taking off. She said she bought them and hoped to upgrade them, although I guess upgrading is out of the question these days. 😂

• Haha
Amie is boring but that's how she does well on YouTube. Most people watching chanel videos don't care about a super limited collectors edition they want to see basic jumbo classic flaps in multiple neutral colors. So Amie provides that. Amie is also so much better with bag reviews. She does a what fits, and will compare it to similar sized bags and will show you actual features. Elle's bag videos are all half assed and she rambles on about why she likes the quilting and tit instead of explaining how the bag is useful. Elle will just say it is clawsik and elegant but not explain why. Amie also does a better job of dressing for her shape than Elle and wears basic trendy things that lots of people want to see and wear. So her personality really fits for YouTube bc really if you are a niche creator you have less potential viewers. Elle seems to be one of those people who thinks they can carry a channel based on their personality but she doesn't really have that either.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I think Amie and Elle are two sides of a similar but also different coin. Both are fairly boring/conservative with their fashion choices, packrats who buy a million versions of the same or similar things, and both dress almost overly feminine for someone in their generation.

As many ladies have mentioned, they both try very hard to present a higher-class image (Amie with her fake accent and overly dressed up outfits and Elle's snottiness and tone deaf comments) that's not reflective of who they are or their actual situations. You see both women cutting a lot of corners in other parts of their life to achieve this image (Amie's choice in food, living area, flat, etc. and Elle's major lifestyle downgrades when a guy isn't paying for things). They also both really want to monetize their channels and are hustlers when it comes to making money (Amie's various side businesses and Elle's jewelry and apparel stuff).

What sets them apart is that Amie treats her channel like a real business, manages it properly, and does a better job with her videos. Like @Drasticactions said, Amie might review the same boring Chanel flaps in different sizes or colors 80% of the time but she does include actually useful information and gets to the point. Amie also chooses pieces that generally work well with her style and body shape (Amie has a somewhat similar body shape to Elle, where she is heavier in the middle and thighs, and she wears styles that are more flattering other than those horrible skinny jeans) while Elle seems to have no idea how to dress for her body. Amie has also had the same boyfriend since she started her channel and they married in the past couple of years while Elle is struggling to snare a man into a long term situation. Elle's update frequency and quality also seems to be highly dependent on how smug she feels about herself at that given moment (Joe- era gave the best videos and most consistent and frequent updates) while Amie is more consistent overall.

Overall, I think Amie started her channel as a hobby but quickly turned it into a proper business and now she's making pretty good money from the sponsorships and affiliate links. Elle has struggled in this regards because she can't work hard and manage things properly, and also because her mind is mostly focused on trapping a man these days. Elle also has way too thin skin when it comes to criticism and as far as I'm aware, Amie doesn't lie nearly as much (though she can be questionable as well) and has much thicker skin, while Smelley is living in some dream world where she thinks a Prince Harry type will sweep her off her feet and give her the easy life.

Reactions: 14
I think Amie and Elle are two sides of a similar but also different coin. Both are fairly boring/conservative with their fashion choices, packrats who buy a million versions of the same or similar things, and both dress almost overly feminine for someone in their generation.

As many ladies have mentioned, they both try very hard to present a higher-class image (Amie with her fake accent and overly dressed up outfits and Elle's snottiness and tone deaf comments) that's not reflective of who they are or their actual situations. You see both women cutting a lot of corners in other parts of their life to achieve this image (Amie's choice in food, living area, flat, etc. and Elle's major lifestyle downgrades when a guy isn't paying for things). They also both really want to monetize their channels and are hustlers when it comes to making money (Amie's various side businesses and Elle's jewelry and apparel stuff).

What sets them apart is that Amie treats her channel like a real business, manages it properly, and does a better job with her videos. Like @Drasticactions said, Amie might review the same boring Chanel flaps in different sizes or colors 80% of the time but she does include actually useful information and gets to the point. Amie also chooses pieces that generally work well with her style and body shape (Amie has a somewhat similar body shape to Elle, where she is heavier in the middle and thighs, and she wears styles that are more flattering other than those horrible skinny jeans) while Elle seems to have no idea how to dress for her body. Amie has also had the same boyfriend since she started her channel and they married in the past couple of years while Elle is struggling to snare a man into a long term situation. Elle's update frequency and quality also seems to be highly dependent on how smug she feels about herself at that given moment (Joe- era gave the best videos and most consistent and frequent updates) while Amie is more consistent overall.

Overall, I think Amie started her channel as a hobby but quickly turned it into a proper business and now she's making pretty good money from the sponsorships and affiliate links. Elle has struggled in this regards because she can't work hard and manage things properly, and also because her mind is mostly focused on trapping a man these days. Elle also has way too thin skin when it comes to criticism and as far as I'm aware, Amie doesn't lie nearly as much (though she can be questionable as well) and has much thicker skin, while Smelley is living in some dream world where she thinks a Prince Harry type will sweep her off her feet and give her the easy life.
Spot on. Especially "Elle's update frequency and quality also seems to be highly dependent on how smug she feels about herself at that given moment." And "Smelley is living in some dream world where she thinks a Prince Harry type will sweep her off her feet and give her the easy life."

• Haha
Reactions: 12
While I dislike Amie, she does have a couple things Amie over Eleanor aside from building her channel up...SHE IS MARRIED and didn’t get a piss-colored diamond ring. 😂

And yeah, Elle did grossly overpay for those diamond studs from Nordstrom (albeit they looked whiter than her tennis bracelet and nicer than her engagement ring, lmao), which she proudly treated herself to because her hustles were taking off. She said she bought them and hoped to upgrade them, although I guess upgrading is out of the question these days. 😂
Sorry, I just realized this post might be tone deaf. There is nothing wrong with not being married (I actually told my fiancé I wish we could be common law because I hate weddings and I dislike that we can only obtain certain tax benefits after marriage) and absolutely nothing wrong with being single. Just pointing this out because Elle reads here and being single drives her insane. 😂😂😂

• Haha
If I were a man I can see why Chase Amie is easier to live with than Elle. Chase Amie has more emotional control than Elle
When did Chase Amie lose her job? Was this in one of her videos? I haven’t watched for ages because everything she buys looks the same
I checked her Linkedin page and she is no longer working at the PR firm she was when she first started Youtube. She works on the company she started with her husband. I don't know how much Chase Amie makes from youtube.

I don't live in Vancouver or London but I have lived in similar cities. Walking around loaded in luxury labels would make you stick out like a sore thumb. Maybe just one LV tote would do.

Reactions: 7
Sorry, I just realized this post might be tone deaf. There is nothing wrong with not being married (I actually told my fiancé I wish we could be common law because I hate weddings and I dislike that we can only obtain certain tax benefits after marriage) and absolutely nothing wrong with being single. Just pointing this out because Elle reads here and being single drives her insane. 😂😂😂
Elle has a way too high opinion of herself and her own attractiveness (I don't know many youtubers who eye f*** the camera constantly in all their videos). You can tell that Amie likes her Chanel pieces and dressing up while Elle thinks carrying a Chanel in an ugly combination or style makes her better than everyone around her. I think Amie understands that Dan finds her luxury obsession a bit weird but that it's part of her business now while Elle thinks carrying designer means men should treat her like a princess. This is why Amie has a stable, long-term relationship while Elle can't last beyond a single year once she moves in with the men and shows her true colors.

• Haha
This is a random observation, but doesn't Rick look like a wish.com version of Justin Trudeau?

What I asked for....
pm_trudeau_600x683.jpg

VS what I got......

download.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 14
For some reason every youtube guru ends up losing their day jobs. I never understood that.

That's the point. Wish.com is a known scammer site, you never get what you paid for. Like Rick and Elle's careers.

I didn't know what Wish.com was. Haha.

Chase Amie's dad is not in her life either. But she doesn't have men problems. At least she doesn't act girly around Dan and behaves like a mature adult. Amie is actually very considerate of Dan - she does the decorations, cooking, cleaning around the house. Their apartment isn't cluttered with junk. She makes sure they get home early from her birthday celebrations so Dan can watch his soccer highlights.

I feel like it is an insult to the PM even compare Rick to Justin Trudeau. Rick is more like the low quality Gaston from a knock off Beauty and the Beast animated VHS. Not attractive but still a creep.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Dan seems like a nice person, more like Joe. Certainly not as nasty as Chris or as creepy as Rick.

Reactions: 7
For some reason every youtube guru ends up losing their day jobs. I never understood that.

I didn't know what Wish.com was. Haha.

Chase Amie's dad is not in her life either. But she doesn't have men problems. At least she doesn't act girly around Dan and behaves like a mature adult. Amie is actually very considerate of Dan - she does the decorations, cooking, cleaning around the house. Their apartment isn't cluttered with junk. She makes sure they get home early from her birthday celebrations so Dan can watch his soccer highlights.
Ummm... I wouldn't say that's considerate, sounds more like a slavery to me 😏 Does this Dan guy do anything around the house then?

• Haha
Reactions: 5
GROSS!! Haha “aggressively ugly”. So gold.

His little perverted, beady coal eyes that probably lock right onto his female students’ boobs when they’re talking, his bushy face, his crusty helmet comb over, that wrinkly, scabbed gash on his forehead, and his teeth that are too small for his disgusting grimace with no lips.

It’s like he was put on the planet to rape roadkill and haunt labyrinths. Blech.

• Haha
Ummm... I wouldn't say that's considerate, sounds more like a slavery to me 😏 Does this Dan guy do anything around the house then?
I mean Amie pulls her weight in the relationship. She also actually earns money through her youtube business. Not sure Elle does - she expects to be treated as a princess. Life isn't a fairy tale Elle.

I mean Amie pulls her weight in the relationship. She also actually earns money through her youtube business. Not sure Elle does - she expects to be treated as a princess. Life isn't a fairy tale Elle.
I agree! Elle had a really easy going 9-to-5 job that allowed her to shop at Nordstrom during lunch while Joe paid for the rent and often ate out since he worked late so she didn't even cook for him that much. But she still made him pay for a cleaner and and wouldn't even wash her own hair. She was acting way too entitled and not contributing to the relationship equally.

• Wow
Smelley actually hasn’t bought much recently now that no man is footing the bills or rent. I think this is the longest she’s gone without a haul or vlog of her shopping.
Nordstrom Anniversary Sale is coming up, fear not Smelley will be probably shopping the preview, more clothes to go nowhere.

Speaking of strangers, check out this girl in Furmas who epically photobombs her at the crosswalk! 😄

I agree. She alluded to it recently and I fully expect her to have a haul video. She might not show everything, but I think she'll definitely buy and she'll definitely show.
interesting she never shops full price.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.