Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Behindthescreens

Smelley should just be honest with her viewers and herself - she wants a guy whose willing to spoil her with his money! 🤑 Cut it out with the girl boss bs, and act accordingly, and people won’t be so critical. There’s probably a much older, awkward, unattractive, divorced guy many years her senior with a cushy job who doesn’t mind paying up for a younger, second wife who likes to primp on his dime. Even her brunette “doll” friend married a man more than twenty years older and moved into that waterfront house and is mostly a stay at home gal who claims to run an interior design business (yet most of her examples of past work are just her own home), and we know that’s what Smelley wants.
I could see this being doable for her IF:
1. She climbs her way into the right circles
2. She either blackmails or dupes a guy.
Maybe there are people out there who she could hook, and that's fine-to each their own- but I honestly see her selfishness and rudeness being too big a hindrance on the personal level, and her lack of manners (that door, guys) and social graces a hindrance in climbing the social ladders.

Reactions: 6

svdwoodsen

VIP Member
Here’s the thing with cats, you can’t really train them, per se. The process is different than dogs, but some of the things she can do is have a cat tree or cat condo or decorative shelves so they will have places to climb and scratch instead of her counters and her couches.

I don’t know why Elle is so against getting cat stuff because her place is full of ugly shit anyway. It’s not like being a “cat lady” is worse than having a granny/trashy aesthetic around the house.m

Also as a cat person I find her hygiene habits absolutely revolting.
I don’t recall her having a cat tree/condo but I know she had a scratching post at some point in Florida? Now I’m guessing it was Rick’s given he had a cat and Elle just never bothered for Bebe and Sammy.

notsoposh

VIP Member
I don't think she can claim French if her father doesn't acknowledge paternity, since it sounds like him and Ginette weren't married and he didn't want to be involved with her in any way. Not sure if she can get Italian through the grandmother on Ginette's side.
If he’s alive and still a French citizen, nothing a DNA test can’t sort out, if she actually put her mind to it. I think Ginette will have to get the Italian passport and only then she can claim it but I guess it’s pointless to go around collecting all these nationalities if she is already a EU citizen.

svdwoodsen

VIP Member
"Nature gives you the face you have at twenty. Life shapes the face you have at thirty. But at fifty you get the face you deserve." It might be attributed to Coco Chanel. Maybe.
This might be it! Thank you! 🥰

“Dress shabbily and they remember the dress; dress impeccably and they remember the woman." - Elle NEEDS to remember this.

Sheepsmeadow

I like Jamie too she is sweet and genuine unlike Elle.
But she really seems to have a serious shopping addiction, though it seem to be her money she earned.
I hear you. She does (supposedly) have a rule that she’ll sit on an item for 30 days before buying it, but at the same time I get the feeling she is constantly shopping and, because she has a very specific style (which I happen to love), a lot of what she’ll buy is similar to what is already in her wardrobe. At least she does seem to be self-aware and has talked about the dangers of shopping when you’re down or to fill a a void/get a high or shopping for your “fantasy self”. Imagine Elle ever talking about that! 🤣

Sheepsmeadow

To be fair, I would understand if someone were to say they like Vegemite on their toast because they’re Australian. But yes, butter, maple syrup, waffles with fruit, and pasta are not exactly acquired tastes, Elle. You don’t have to have French, Italian, or Belgian heritage to eat them. Sorry, being of European background doesn’t exactly make you that interesting or exotic.

On another note, I could not believe how FUGLY that coffee table was! The poor girl really has zero taste! 🤮

• Haha

svdwoodsen

VIP Member
Every youtube "lifestyle guru" claims to be of humble background. Elle claims to be a girl boss and never admits how much her mother is funding her lifestyle. I don't buy it. I googled Amie Rogers and London School of Economics and I think her dad is a doctor. A "Dr. Mark Rogers" appears next to her name in some list.
I’m not sure if that’s her dad (it is a pretty common last name) but even if it was, I don’t think Amie’s dad is really involved in her life at all. Her mother walked her down the aisle in her wedding video and I don’t recall any shots with her dad in it. I’m not that familiar with the details there but just my two cents.

• Heart

202leda

Sorry but 'Why men love b'tches' is a horrible book perpetrating the stereotype of a man that thinks only with his d-ck and some sort of femme fatale that spends her days planning all the cunning methods that will make her a mistress of his insatiable desire. Really cringey and 1990s-style lame piece.

I think I wrote it before - Smelle wants her partner to be a parent to her. She wants to be sponsored by a guy, have no obligation to spend her own money on joint stuff (bills, rent etc.) because she perceives her money the way kids see pocket money - it's for buying treats for themselves, instant gratification.
I think I remember reading a portion of one of those books where it suggested that a woman should serve a guy semi-burnt popcorn on a date so he doesn’t get the impression she’s waiting on him hand and foot or something like that. That made me cringe.

Aside from archaic and sexist stereotypes these books perpetuate, I don’t even think The Rules/Why Men Love B*tches/He’s Just Not that Into You/Act Like A Lady, etc even apply to Elle because, as someone stated earlier, it would imply Elle is a “nice” girl who lets guys walk all over her. Honestly the only guy she probably acquiesced to (and this is a big stretch, imo) was Rick and she probably only did it because she was desperate to get married and he’s too broke to cover for her expensive habits.

• Haha

Annie_HTX

I’m kind of impressed with the other Doll who is a sommelier and owns that huge house and vineyards in rural BC (Elle showed a glimpse of it in one of her vlogs where she was visiting Vancouver to pick up Beebee).
Me too! Now if she ever decided to start a YT channel, I'd definitely subscribe and tune in. I'd never get tired of seeing that beautiful backdrop and learning about the wine making process!

Behindthescreens

I think Rick would have been better off living in Vancouver with Elle. He's not rich and barely scrapping by in Florida. Canada has a better social security net than USA and he can get a $50-60,000 desk job easily. He and Elle can get a house together.

I've lived in Miami before. I found it very big and very lonely. The Americans I knew were saddled with huge student loans (probably Rick too).

If houses in Vancouver are too expensive, then they would have always relocated somewhere else. As it is now, I'm not sure how Rick handles his healthcare insurance (or Elle for that matter since she's unemployed.)
I still wonder why he didn't move up there with her. Maybe she moved too fast. Too bad, as I got the impression at the time that he would have gone up there if the relationship would have spread out over more time.

Behindthescreens

I sorta get why Eleanor Florence calls herself a size 2 now: she literally buys brands with very generous vanity sizing or clothes in a stretchy fabric, then squeezes herself into it. As long as she can button or zip it up, Eleanor seems to consider that “her size” even if she’s literally bursting out and her underwear is showing. She doesn’t give a f how the piece should actually fit (as evidenced by how the Halogen pants and Sweaty Betty pieces fit on the model vs Elle) and considers that a triumph for herself size wise, and then reminds her viewers constantly that she fits into a small size. It’s just another facet of her constant lying and misrepresentation of the truth. Nothing new and just what we’ve come to expect from #girlboss.
That's got to be it. I was thinking she may be buying women's sizes. She's shorter than me and I tend to buy things from the teen or petite section because they fit me. "Women's" as a classification tends to look like dress up on me, and it may on Elle also. So I could easily see her fitting into a women's 2 (although clearly she needs to size up on that!). But maybe she needs a petite 6 or 8.

greenbear

VIP Member
Smelley actually hasn’t bought much recently now that no man is footing the bills or rent. I think this is the longest she’s gone without a haul or vlog of her shopping.
Nordstrom Anniversary Sale is coming up, fear not Smelley will be probably shopping the preview, more clothes to go nowhere.

Speaking of strangers, check out this girl in Furmas who epically photobombs her at the crosswalk! 😄

I agree. She alluded to it recently and I fully expect her to have a haul video. She might not show everything, but I think she'll definitely buy and she'll definitely show.
interesting she never shops full price.

Orange2green

Chatty Member
I'm sure Chase Amie or her husband comes from money. There is no way in hell she and her husband can buy all that stuff, purchase such an expensive condo / flat with what they are earning. They won't admit to it though. Just like Elle.
Sorry to bring it back to Amie (promise this is the last thing from me) but I was walking through Greenwich this afternoon and was having a bit of a mooch through the shop windows and look what I found! Does that look familiar or what 😂

Attachments

• Wow

LegalEagle5

Didn't she buy a spice rack when she was in the Airbnb?
She did (it was ugly), and she always had this super-ugly one she used in the other apartments. So, I actually prefer what she's doing now, just using a cohesive brand and lining them up neatly on that shelf, and honestly, as an apartment dweller, I am so jealous of those shelves she has them on because I hate having to waste cabinet space on my spices but have also never had counter space for a spice rack.

thecatlass

VIP Member
I don't think she would do well with a foreigner. If it was a Belgian/ French/ Italian man, they'd see right through her multicultural background BS 😂 the former two would speak much better French than her and the latter would have first-hand experience of Italian flavours, not just something she thinks is Italian because her grandmother cooked it 😂

Drasticactions

VIP Member
I've looked the blonde one up before and it looks like she's been an aspiring lifestyle/fashion guru for a very long time. She's had A TON of little projects/blogs over the years but I don't get the impression that any of them took off and judging by her lookbook account, she was also a brunette at some point in the past. If you guys look her name up on Google, and go to images, you'll see mentions of many different blogs and websites she's established over the years (Bergdorf to Bloomberg, twosevenths, Stylestruck, The Paper & Coffee, all of which are now defunct and she's trying to sell pre-made cosmos atm on Instagram under a new company she's created). The more digging I do, the more I'm convinced Smelley hangs out with a very uppity, questionable crowd who are trying really hard to sell a certain lifestyle and image, but I'm not convinced any of them are actual career women who've managed to commit to anything they've done and do well in that. It looks like they’ve all just had very standard 9-to-5 jobs but lots of ambitions with their side projects, and a strong desire to hang out at the Vancouver Club 🤣. Their little projects and businesses all sound like a twist on Eleanor's "businesses" and if this crowd were Elle's closest friends, I'm less surprised at why she sees herself as a "girlboss" lol.
Lol and she's at least 15-20 years late on the cosmo train. Who would actually buy that? A Cosmo isnt very difficult to make either.

Also the Instagram for the cosmo company is so bad. Just aspirational looking photos that she stole off of other people and some from what I am assuming is her own place? Sure it fits a color theme but it doesn't say anything. It does nothing to sell the product. And the name has me dying, maybe she's also a Megan markle/kate Middleton fan?

• Haha

ccc123000

Chatty Member
Anyone here follow “mademoiselle”? Her name is Jamie-Lee, I believe. She’s an Australian YouTuber that has great style (though I must say she tends to buy multiple items that look exactly the same, but I digress). She did a Nordstrom sale video and it is such a breath of fresh air after watching Elle’s. Her carefully selected items are actually things I’d buy and she is also quite honest in her reviews.
I like Jamie! Hers is a true "capsule wardrobe." She has great taste and is quite stylish. I would say her style is classic and classy. No ill-fitting, painted-on pants for her!

Another Canadian youtuber I like is ttsandra, although she's since moved Stateside to be with her husband. She's into fashion and makeup but IIRC also has a great career and a degree in biochemistry or something similar. She's pretty private and does not have to brag about her career or education.

Heretosnoop

By the way I'm probably a "wokeflake" but that's because I'm aware of my cis privlege and am an avid supporter of the LGBTQIA community 🤷‍♀️

• Heart