Eleanor Lecocq #4 Eat, Shop, Manhunt

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Chase amie posted her apartment tour bc they are moving. Not totally to my taste and I hate how one bedroom is her closet... but it looks so nice and coherent. Sorry for OT just fit in with the convo earlier. And she let her husband have the en suite which is nice considering she has a whole second room and part of the third for her bags. Elle can't even make a small consession
I just saw this and it looks lovely! While I would've wanted a bit more space or a few less things, I find that I generally like everything and it's all very coherent. Big difference from pack rodent Elle's apartment.

Reactions: 2
I like Chase Amie's apartment's overall look but I still think it's way too busy.

Reactions: 3
These YouTubers are all pack rats (or as our Smelley would say, pack rodents 🤪). I just realized the last three comments (myself included) have all pointed out that Amie’s apartment, while nicely decorated and better than Elle’s, still has too much stuff. We can’t all be crazy so clearly they have too many things!

Reactions: 4
So I'm watching vlogmas from 2013 from Elle, and she mentions a boyfriend. I know Chris came to HI with her for 2014 and 2015 then dumped her in 2016 then for vlogmas 2016 and 2017 Joe was with her. Does anyone who was watching back then know if she was with chris back in 2013?

I watched a bit of 2012 and they were in Victoria then so I'm guessing her mom bought the condo between those Christmases? Elle also said that she likes to name the turkey/goose they get every year as a sign of respect and that's just a bit weird for me. I mean I'm a huge goof so not saying I'm not a bit strange too, but I don't brag on the internet and ramble for 5 min about the history of a family tradition of naming an animal you are going to eat.

Chase Amie's apartment requires constant tidying up and cleaning. Because any "lived-in" look would make the apartment look messy. It's really unrealistic for any young couple. Most young couples in their apartment uses hand-me downs, not $2000 sofas.

I think a much more realistic apartment is this: ballerina from Miami Ballet's apartment in Miami.

Reactions: 3
So I'm watching vlogmas from 2013 from Elle, and she mentions a boyfriend. I know Chris came to HI with her for 2014 and 2015 then dumped her in 2016 then for vlogmas 2016 and 2017 Joe was with her. Does anyone who was watching back then know if she was with chris back in 2013?

I watched a bit of 2012 and they were in Victoria then so I'm guessing her mom bought the condo between those Christmases? Elle also said that she likes to name the turkey/goose they get every year as a sign of respect and that's just a bit weird for me. I mean I'm a huge goof so not saying I'm not a bit strange too, but I don't brag on the internet and ramble for 5 min about the history of a family tradition of naming an animal you are going to eat.
Well, she named her artificial xmas tree. Its pretty clear that for a lot of Elle's life, material objects have replaced relationships with actual people. so naming everything (Pashmina the bike anyone) may seem like a cute quirk but it probably has some pretty weighty unresolved issues behind it.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Chase Amie's apartment requires constant tidying up and cleaning. Because any "lived-in" look would make the apartment look messy. It's really unrealistic for any young couple. Most young couples in their apartment uses hand-me downs, not $2000 sofas.

I think a much more realistic apartment is this: ballerina from Miami Ballet's apartment in Miami.

I think Amie's apartment looks fine, other than the amount of stuff? Maybe I'm just a minimalist but I find the majority of these apartments way too cluttered. It basically defeats the purposes of having an open kitchen + living room because every bit of space is filled up with furniture or decor.

I think her apartment is very much reflective of her wardrobe and style and I'm sure they both do quite a bit in terms of upkeep and cleaning. Dan appears somewhat regularly in Amie's videos and I think she mentioned that he even encouraged her to start the channel many years ago. Now that her channel is pretty popular and she probably makes a fair amount from affiliates, I'm sure he is even more supportive and willing to pitch in since they're both hustlers and always trying to make more money. I think if you're serious about a youtube channel, especially one that has as lifestyle component (which all these girls do), you really need a supportive partner who at the very least doesn't mind it, even if they won't help you. I think their channels all take up a large part of their life and their apartments (Chase Amie's walk-in closet/spare room and half of the other spare room and Elle's clutter vomit over the entire Joe-era apartment) and if your partner isn't into that, I can see it turning into a dealbreaker pretty quickly.

And I know everyone (including the women themselves) refer to themselves as "young professionals" and see them as young couples but they're actually all in their early to mid 30s. While not old by any means, I think it's fair to pick up some nice furniture and appliances by that age. Assuming someone started their career in their early 20s (so this excludes the medical, law, and PhD students) and they managed their money well, it seems very reasonable.

Reactions: 6
Maybe I'm just used to how suburban great lakes/midwest people decorate but amie's place doesn't look cluttered to me. One of my old classmates/coworker always shares photos of her house (and gets so many positive comments of it looking like a magazine) and it is big place but there is something crammed into every corner and every bit of furniture is full as well. With Rae Dunn everything everywhere. In comparison amie's living room looks Spartan to me.

Reactions: 5
Maybe I'm just used to how suburban great lakes/midwest people decorate but amie's place doesn't look cluttered to me. One of my old classmates/coworker always shares photos of her house (and gets so many positive comments of it looking like a magazine) and it is big place but there is something crammed into every corner and every bit of furniture is full as well. With Rae Dunn everything everywhere. In comparison amie's living room looks Spartan to me.
May just be style and preferences then! I seem to hang out with a crowd where we all decorate our places in Japanese or Scandinavian styles and place a strong value on open space so most apartments and houses look crowded to me, haha. I would also never get something like Rae Dunn items but I think my style is probably very particular, because I don't like words or brand names written on any of my items, other than what's unavoidable but even then I'd want it in more hidden location.

I do like Amie's place and the aesthetic is very nice overall. She definitely has less random knick-knacks than Smelley and everything goes together. I do like Elle's kitchen better, because it seems like a place where you actually cook in, whereas Amie's kitchen looks more like a place where you occasionally make a sandwich or cup of coffee in but it's takeout most nights.

Last edited:
Guys, has anyone been watching Indian Matchmaking?
There is a woman on it called Aparna, she is a lawyer, socially awkward and unaware she is the problem, has pagent hair and make up and can't find a man...its the Indian Elle.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Well, she named her artificial xmas tree. Its pretty clear that for a lot of Elle's life, material objects have replaced relationships with actual people. so naming everything (Pashmina the bike anyone) may seem like a cute quirk but it probably has some pretty weighty unresolved issues behind it.
Yeah, naming one or two things, like your car etc is one thing but all inanimate objects...👀

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Guys, has anyone been watching Indian Matchmaking?
There is a woman on it called Aparna, she is a lawyer, socially awkward and unaware she is the problem, has pagent hair and make up and can't find a man...its the Indian Elle.
Elle would do well in an arranged marriage situation. The guys can't just run when it gets unpleasant. 🥴

• Haha
Reactions: 11
My guess is that Elle posted that glamour shot for her next or current victim. She's so transparent with her cleavage shots when she's in the process of sinking her Bebe claws into her next victim.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 9

That kind of apartment also can't survive a baby / toddler (unless you have around the clock live in help that constantly picks up and wipes things)

Reactions: 2
Unrelated to Elle, but: This "challenge accepted" crap and the subsequent moralistic pushback is so stupid to me. The "originated in Turkey" theory has since been debunked. It is utterly meaningless, and nobody's business what some women choose to post on their social media while interacting with their friends. I wish we could stop policing women's fun.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 5
That kind of apartment also can't survive a baby / toddler (unless you have around the clock live in help that constantly picks up and wipes things)
Yes, I totally agree. Their apartment has too much stuff overall. It's beautiful but crammed. Nobody needs 2 large full length mirrors, 2 alcohol shelves, 1.5 rooms for handbags, all those knickknacks.

Try living there for 3 days without constantly picking up...I don't think you can.

Last edited:
I thought they don't have a kid/weren't planning to have one any time soon?

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.