Eczema / Dermatitus / Psoraisis

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Long term chronic eczema sufferer here!
Only thing that actually helped me properly was Immunosuppressants xx
Which ones are you using? I used ciclosporin and it helped a little but didn’t get rid of my eczema fully xx

Which ones are you using? I used ciclosporin and it helped a little but didn’t get rid of my eczema fully xx
yeah i was on the same. helped my body but im still getting it on my face and hands. could go onto methotextrate in september but not sure (nervous)

I’m so glad I found this thread even though it’s quite quiet.

I’ve suffered so badly with my eczema for years now. I had it as a child but grew out of it and it came back with a vengeance at about 23 and I’m now 27 and I go through bad flares. I went through topical steroid withdrawal about 2 years ago and wasabsolutely miserable, basically suicidal so started using steroids again.
I still have PTSD from it and use steroid creams to manage it.
Its gotten really bad again recently and I’m terrified like I can’t go through it all again.

What are peoples experiences with light therapy? My GP referred me to a private derm and i need to contact them to get it sorted and get an appointment im just worried that it won’t be covered with my health insurance through work and it’ll be expensive.

has anyone tried a handheld UV light? I saw Phillips sell one.
Any advice would be so appreciated as im so so miserable.

I’ve suffered so badly with my eczema for years now. I had it as a child but grew out of it and it came back with a vengeance at about 23 and I’m now 27 and I go through bad flares. I went through topical steroid withdrawal about 2 years ago and wasabsolutely miserable, basically suicidal so started using steroids again.
Its gotten really bad again recently and I’m terrified like I can’t go through it all again.

What are peoples experiences with light therapy? My GP referred me to a private derm and i need to contact them to get it sorted and get an appointment im just worried that it won’t be covered with my health insurance through work and it’ll be expensive.

Not tried UV therapy although it was offered to me but the waiting list was so long. If you’re with a derm why don’t you ask about immunosuppressants like ciclosporin? Or methotrexate? They usually work pretty well

sending hugs ♥

• Heart
Reactions: 1

My daughter has severe eczema alongside another rare skin condition that covered 90% of her body and had a huge impact on her life. She had light treatment 4 yrs ago and the difference was amazing. Since then the scars have faded really well, she's had a few small flare ups managed by creams and steroids but the light treatment was a life changer. Highly recommend it.

• Heart

I’ve recently completed my first ever course of light treatment for psoriasis (so not exactly the same!) but it worked a treat for me, plus the side effect of a nice tan for the summer!

I went 3x a week for 10 weeks and it was a great opportunity to ask the nurses any questions and get prescriptions sorted without running the gauntlet of booking a GP appointment.

hope you’re feeling better soon x

• Heart
I’ve also been looking at the Philips handheld uvb light for a psoriasis flare up if anyone has used it?

I did have light therapy through the nhs a few years back for a really severe flare up over my full body, and it worked wonders. But because of convenience, severity and nhs waiting times for dermatology post covid I’m now thinking of trying the handheld at home device too

I have major dry scalp and eczema. Recently had a b12 test and I'm deficient. Since i have been taking b12 my skin problems have a marked improvement. I know this won't be the case for everyone but if you have lots of skin issues like acne, dry skin, dry scalp, cracked lips etc and fatigue it might be worth getting tested!

Reactions: 4
I’ve had severe scalp psoriasis since I was 13 (I think it flared up due to exam stress!) and I’m now 22 and still badly suffering. I use dovobet scalp gel and nizoral shampoo to try and control it but it seems as though they no longer work for me. Used quite a few things over the years as prescribed to by the doctors but they’ve all been shite. Does anyone have any advice for a long term sufferer?

I had an eczema flare up a month ago, triggered by some skin care. I found the aveeno deems a daily emollient cream to be very useful, but I have to caveat to say that mine isn’t very serious. I am using it as my daily moisturiser, also applying it on my eye area

I’ve had severe scalp psoriasis since I was 13 (I think it flared up due to exam stress!) and I’m now 22 and still badly suffering. I use dovobet scalp gel and nizoral shampoo to try and control it but it seems as though they no longer work for me. Used quite a few things over the years as prescribed to by the doctors but they’ve all been shite. Does anyone have any advice for a long term sufferer?
If you can get on the list for light therapy it really helped m y scalp when I had it for the rest of my body and scalp.
Also a weird thing that I’ve found works for me is switching between shampoos, I’ve noticed once my scalp gets “used to” a shampoo it stops working. No idea of the science behind that haha but it has worked for me xx

I've had perioral dermatitis for a year now, never had any skin problems before, was prescribed Daktacort cream, didnt help, then prescribed Clindamycin cream but still no improvement. I had surgery last year and my skin problem began soon after, I think it was triggered by whatever was placed around my mouth/chin while under the anesthetic such as the tape used to keep tube in place. So fed up with it all now 🙁

I've had perioral dermatitis for a year now, never had any skin problems before, was prescribed Daktacort cream, didnt help, then prescribed Clindamycin cream but still no improvement. I had surgery last year and my skin problem began soon after, I think it was triggered by whatever was placed around my mouth/chin while under the anesthetic such as the tape used to keep tube in place. So fed up with it all now 🙁
Ive had PD for a few months. Absolutely everywhere on my face , swollen eyes the lot. So ugly. Been on Lymocycleine (i think) for it for 8 weeks. Have to be on for 12 weeks , its really helped. My skin purged at first but its getting better now i was told the medication was a slow burner. Hugs❤

Just a wee update from me. I got acupuncture today after reading into it and seeing people notice improvements. It wasn’t painful and was given some Chinese tea to drink twice a day for the next 2 weeks before my next acupuncture appointment!
Dr said it could get worse before it gets better - hoping not as the state of me now is already causing me to cancel my plans this weekend, I don’t think I could face it getting worse 😖
Will keep you all updated on if it works though!!

Reactions: 2
Anyone have any experience with Lichen Planus? 😩
My husband has. His dentist spotted it and referred him to the dental hospital.
He had grafts taken, and advised to change to sensodyne toothpaste.
His mouth was very painful for a while, but seems to have settled down now.

ETA didn’t realise you could have it on your skin which considering the nature of the thread, you were obviously meaning.
Sorry about that. ❤

• Heart
My husband has. His dentist spotted it and referred him to the dental hospital.
He had grafts taken, and advised to change to sensodyne toothpaste.
His mouth was very painful for a while, but seems to have settled down now.

ETA didn’t realise you could have it on your skin which considering the nature of the thread, you were obviously meaning.
Sorry about that. ❤
Thank you ❤ yeah, i have it on my skin and nails. My mouth has cleared up 🤞. My skin is dreadful with it!

If anyone’s reading because they’ve had trouble with their Children’s skin, we’ve had success with this eczema clothing https://www.happy-skin.com/
It may be coincidence, the end of a cycle, but our girls skin has healed well while using this baby grow

Does anyone else have psoriasis in their ear canal? Mine has gotten progressively worse over the past few months. It's so itchy, the skin breaks, it weeps constantly and my hearing has reduced because of it. I have it in both ears. It's so painful.

• Sad
Reactions: 2
Does anyone else have psoriasis in their ear canal? Mine has gotten progressively worse over the past few months. It's so itchy, the skin breaks, it weeps constantly and my hearing has reduced because of it. I have it in both ears. It's so painful.
My cousin has this. He says he has to moisturise and then use Vaseline over the top but he feels he is going to go dead soon :( he has it in one ear. Sorry to hear about your struggles…have you seen a dermatologist?