Eczema / Dermatitus / Psoraisis

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hello.
So I suffer with all three which infuriates me.

Eczema/dermatitis on my face, hands, boobs, between fingers & ear.

Psoraisis In my scalp.

The trigger can be the cold to stress to eating sensible food (?!!!) to washing up liquid.

There is no cure but what have you lovely lot used that has actually worked!? *promising*

Reactions: 2
My Dad gets psoriasis really badly. Hes just had lazer treatment done with the NHS and the results are incredible.
I dont know if it works for eczema but its worth asking?

Have you tried light therapy? Not sure on the proper name but a girl I know had it and the results were amazing. Have saw reviews of tropic skincare tamanu balm for it too, there's a 30 day money back guarantee with them too. Have you had all the usual lotions etc from the NHS?

Have you tried light therapy? Not sure on the proper name but a girl I know had it and the results were amazing. Have saw reviews of tropic skincare tamanu balm for it too, there's a 30 day money back guarantee with them too. Have you had all the usual lotions etc from the NHS?
Ah light therapy was what my dad had not lazer therapy 😂🤦‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 1
I’ve suffered for years with eczema and this is what’s worked for me. I have food sensitivities but also allergic to perfumes and harsh soaps so it’s been lots of trial and error. I hope some of these help!
  • cutting out dairy and gluten from my diet 90% of the time. This caused flare ups on my arms, chin, nose, buttocks, stomach and back. I use lactose free alternatives to dairy and gluten free alternatives to bread & pasta. If I’m out for dinner and want a pizza I’ll have it but I don’t eat bread or pasta or cakes every day.
  • Ask your doctor for a strong steroid cream that will blitz the problem in a day not in the course of a week. That will clear it up faster and actually reduce the amount of steroids you absorb in the long term. I use Mometazone 1x a week
  • Aveeno all over my body after every time I shower
  • Body shop anti dandruff CONDITIONER on my scalp really sorted out my scalp eczema
  • It sounds gross but athletes foot cream (Canestan) on the really open Itchy bits can help clear up any nasties in the wounds. Not too often but a few years ago my skin on my face was flaking off my face and no moisturiser would help so I used this at my mums suggestion and it sorted it out
  • Showering within an hour of finishing in the gym or running and not letting my pores get clogged
  • Fairy clothes washing liquid above all else
  • No spraying perfume on skin and I use fragrance free hairspray

Reactions: 4
I've sufferd 10years with psoriasis on my scalp, i did have it all over but gradually gone over time.
T-gel shampoo was only thing that worked for me, not sure if you've tried that, if not I'd reccomend

Over the years I’ve had it on my scalp, my arms and now I get terrible flare ups on my section scars (it also doesn’t help that I am a little heavier than I should be).

I’ve swapped shower gel for aqueous cream and this has helped massively, I also make sure I dry the scar with my hairdryer and also apply athletes foot cream if it’s really bad or diprobase or in home bargains/ savers etc you can get a medicated talc for 99p - it’s brilliant.

A product called Dermol 500 worked wonders for me. Got it from the GP but I think you can buy it yourself too. It’s a lotion and you can use it as a moisturiser and as a cleaning product instead of shower gel. It’s really good at soothing the skin and clearing up the itchy, flaky ness of psoriasis etc.

My son suffers with psoriasis all over his body and dream cream from lush clears his patches up every time. It’s amazing!

I get it on my eyelids which is horrible. Triggers are colder months/central heating and stress. A teeny tiny bit of hc45 helps when it’s really bad but otherwise I just have to grin and bear it.

I have psoriasis on my scalp and Sorion cream helps a bit - I apply it before going to bed and wash it off the next morning. Nothing ever makes it go away though. For the eczema on my eyelid I use Epaderm cream, works a treat.

I suffer with severe eczema, it took YEARS to get a referral to a dermatologist but when I did get one she took one look at me and said it wasn’t worth trying light therapy and put me straight on tablets to suppress my immune system (same stuff given to transplant patients) it works amazingly in the summer, still suffer a fair bit in the winter but compared to what it was it’s nothing much.
the side effects are quite risky but if the benefits outweigh the risk like in my case it’s worthwhile.
If you haven’t seen a dermatologist it’s well worthwhile trying to get yourself a referral as I was suffering with constant infections and full body flare ups, I was so miserable and hated life. I genuinely thought there were no options beyond steroid creams and tablets but there is!

We do this in the hospital I work in. The results are actually amazing. I think the average in our hospital is 10 to 11 months for results to last ! It's worth it

I suffer from psoriasis, I get the dry patches on my body and I suffer from inverted psoriasis. I’ve been prescribed dovobet from the doctors which works wonders on the inverted psoriasis but because I only use it as and when I get a flare it’s not a cure. My scalp is so scaly too, I’ve tried loads of things on that but nothing clears it up. Would the doctor refer me if I asked for light therapy? Or has it got to be a last resort thing?

I suffer from psoriasis, I get the dry patches on my body and I suffer from inverted psoriasis. I’ve been prescribed dovobet from the doctors which works wonders on the inverted psoriasis but because I only use it as and when I get a flare it’s not a cure. My scalp is so scaly too, I’ve tried loads of things on that but nothing clears it up. Would the doctor refer me if I asked for light therapy? Or has it got to be a last resort thing?
I suffer really badly with psoriasis and like you also have inverse psoriasis. The inverse psoriasis has stopped me from being allowed light treatment due to it being raw skin, I’ve had numerous courses of methotrexate and cyclosporine both strong drugs but really do work but the psoriasis sadly always comes back. I use trimovate for my inverse bits and diprobase on the scales. I use cocois for my scalp it’s the only thing that works for me.

I suffer really badly with psoriasis and like you also have inverse psoriasis. The inverse psoriasis has stopped me from being allowed light treatment due to it being raw skin, I’ve had numerous courses of methotrexate and cyclosporine both strong drugs but really do work but the psoriasis sadly always comes back. I use trimovate for my inverse bits and diprobase on the scales. I use cocois for my scalp it’s the only thing that works for me.
Hi, all they all prescription or can you buy over the counter? Gutted about the light therapy but do understand x

Hi, all they all prescription or can you buy over the counter? Gutted about the light therapy but do understand x
Hi, none of the tablets are available to buy over counter. I was prescribed them by dermatology and had to have fortnightly checkups as they are pretty strong drugs and do come with side effects

I suffer with eczema, usually just a few patches here and there. But recently my scalp has started to itch... it’s every day and it’s driving me mad, anyone got any suggestions for getting it to stop being itchy?