Eczema / Dermatitus / Psoraisis

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I suffer from psoriasis, I get the dry patches on my body and I suffer from inverted psoriasis. I’ve been prescribed dovobet from the doctors which works wonders on the inverted psoriasis but because I only use it as and when I get a flare it’s not a cure. My scalp is so scaly too, I’ve tried loads of things on that but nothing clears it up. Would the doctor refer me if I asked for light therapy? Or has it got to be a last resort thing?
You can get dovobet ointment but also dovobet gel which you can use on your scalp and body, it worked for me hope this helps.

Reactions: 1
I suffer with really bad eczema on my hands , I work in a nursing home so I'm always wearing gloves and washing my hands which make the problem worse.
I find a few things trigger it for me , cold weather (right now I'm suffering with this cold snap) stress is another big one that will make me flare up , and someone else mentioned dairy products . I have a lot of allergies and I really do notice if I've overloaded on dairy. I dont drink cows milk anymore and have dairy free yogurts etc but I can't fully give up cheese.
I find aveno good , I take a tube with me everywhere I go . If I don't keep my hands properly moisturised then I get problems.
Always have some hydrocortisone if it's bad. Betnovate had helped me in the past.

Reactions: 2
You can get dovobet ointment but also dovobet gel which you can use on your scalp and body, it worked for me hope this helps.
thank you! Going to try and get in the doctors tomorrow if I can, my scalp is pretty bad right now cos i keep picking! 🤦🏻‍♀️

My GP prescribed me Betnovate - it’s a steroid ointment for your scalp. Worked within a few days.

I used betnovate for yrs doctor telling me I had eczema,finally got an appointment at hospital to see a dermatologist and they said I had psoriasis and put me on dovobet. The gel is for the scalp but they told me I could use it on my body to. I had a patch on my leg for about 10yrs and it went within a week of using dovobet.

I used betnovate for yrs doctor telling me I had eczema,finally got an appointment at hospital to see a dermatologist and they said I had psoriasis and put me on dovobet. The gel is for the scalp but they told me I could use it on my body to. I had a patch on my leg for about 10yrs and it went within a week of using dovobet.
It makes the dry patches go away?

If you want an invasive but effective medicine then Methotrexate is commonly used for skin conditions. BUT it comes with heavy side effects and changes in lifestyle. I would try reducing dairy and red meat as well as dermol 500

It makes the dry patches go

The patch on my leg went and has never come back but I get little bits here and there put it on and after a few days the redness goes and it calms down. The gel worked well on my scalp.

Last edited:
I have contact dermatitis, from my keys (nickel allergy), it never truly goes away because I use my keys daily.

Antihistamines help with my itching, and I was prescribed steroid cream for it along with emollient.

I suffered with eczema on my face from around 17-21. I got referred to dermatology countless times, given creams from hydrocortisone to diprobase. Everything you can imagine I’ve probably tried. The only thing that cleared mine was using aveeno moisturiser every night. Literally layering it on. And protopic ointment from the GP during flare ups. It’s steroid free so can be used on your face and for me it was a miracle cure in a tube. I’m now 26 and not a patch of eczema on me apart from the odd flare up on my scalp, which ginger shampoo and conditioner from the body shop sorts right out. Would not wish it on my worst enemy, you have my every sympathy!

Yes....I have all 3 conditions & more. Only things that slightly help are Zyrtec at nite or every 30? or so hours (it’s as if my body begins burning itching & im addicted to zyrtec/wouldn’t surprise me), Nizarel (sp?) shampoo & I sometimes lather up w/ it too, & then Clobetasol has worked wonders for a newer rash area (since last Spring). I was a hive afflicted kid. I really don’t feel cut out for this planet. lol

I shouldn’t eat dairy or gluten or anything else that ppl talk about being bad, but I’m extremely picky, nvr have an appetite, & I just eat to survive. I have extreme fatigue, nerve damage, fibro, & the never ending yearly tests for cancer recurrence that thankfully hasn’t hit, but MGUS is a thing the past few yrs as well as possible Lupus. Lotso FUN. sarcasm. Could be worse. Much much worse.

I’m certain I have psoriasis in my ears....for a solid decade now. Scalp began itching after my daughter was born 15 yrs ago. I had 2 rhogam shots due to her + blood type. I’m neg, hence not from this planet. haha

I suffer really badly with eczema on the sole of my left foot and behind my knees
the only thing that helps is child’s farm cream (not the scented one) and avoiding stress which isn’t easy
i really want to try dream cream but it’s a lot of money if it doesn’t work
my mate told me to put porridge oats in a muslin and run hot water through it in a bath
it worked great for my mate and did nothing for me
my daughter and son both suffer with psoriasis on their scalps and the only shampoo they can use is naked
we used halo and horns but it was like rubbing pva glue in their heads so we had to give up

Does anyone follow any eczema influencers? Lots of them seem to be posting about quitting topical steroids/withdrawal

Does anyone follow any eczema influencers? Lots of them seem to be posting about quitting topical steroids/withdrawal
I think I follow a few. To be honest I never use topical steroids because of the damaging long term effects. They thin your skin and you can become reliant on them (hence why you get withdrawn when you stop using them)

my skin got pretty bad so I was prescribed ciclosporin (an immunosuppressant) for a few months which didn’t do much. So now my derm has allowed me to start Dupixent in a couple of weeks. It’s a monoclonal antibody injection :)

Reactions: 2
I like carasnextchapter. Bee the brave kind of bugs me, she eats utter rubbish and gets really aggressive when people suggest she changes her diet to improve her symptoms, saying she wasn’t asking for advice- not a very good example to put out there to those struggling :)

Attachments

I only developed eczema since having kids. Its only my hands that are affected, though the palm of my hand has been awful for a year. My scalp has now been scabbing up and spots coming up, ive been referred to derma as my hair is also falling out.

Its all a bit tit, isnt it? A cream will work for a while and then stop. I got a basic boots own cream that was amazing, then that stopped. Weleda skin food has been good at times as well.

I’ve had eczema since I was a baby. I’ve never had any testing to find my triggers or sensitivities. I was put on steroid cream since I was very young and I still use it to this day. A couple of weeks ago I stopped applying the Betnovate cream and right now I’m not sure if I might be having a mild withdrawal. My hands and arms are burning like I’ve never experienced before. It’s awful. I can’t apply anything without feeling like I’ve shoved my hands in a nettle bush. I recently moved to the south of England and the hard water is absolutely destroying my skin. I feel at a complete loss. I’ve developed patches where I’ve never suffered before. I’ve been looking into allergists in the area to get testing. Does anyone have allergist or dermatologist recommendations for the south / London area?

I’ve had eczema since I was a baby. I’ve never had any testing to find my triggers or sensitivities. I was put on steroid cream since I was very young and I still use it to this day. A couple of weeks ago I stopped applying the Betnovate cream and right now I’m not sure if I might be having a mild withdrawal. My hands and arms are burning like I’ve never experienced before. It’s awful. I can’t apply anything without feeling like I’ve shoved my hands in a nettle bush. I recently moved to the south of England and the hard water is absolutely destroying my skin. I feel at a complete loss. I’ve developed patches where I’ve never suffered before. I’ve been looking into allergists in the area to get testing. Does anyone have allergist or dermatologist recommendations for the south / London area?
I’m so sorry to hear about your eczema :(
I have a fab dermatologist but he works in the NHS and requires GP referral, I don’t think he does private work. He’s based in Milton Keynes x

Long term chronic eczema sufferer here!
Only thing that actually helped me properly was Immunosuppressants xx

Has anyone here completed a course of light treatment for psoriasis?

It’s worked wonders for me - my skin is super clear - and I’m nearing the end of my course but just worried it will all come back as soon as I stop ☹☹☹