Eastenders #29 Denise's D is buried with Keanu, while Jack's burying his D in Stacey

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I did not feel an ounce of sympathy for Gloria, George was for her to look after temporarily, not her child. Father wanted him back and she allowed him to be killed for her own selfish reasons. Basically robbed George of his family and his heritage.
The audacity of them asking him to be a character witness!
I did think all the acting was great tonight apart from Anna. Also I know what they are trying to do with the whole colourism thing and really wow for going there. Anna doesn't look white to me at all just a light skin mixed girl, It would have been more powerful if Gina was considerably more darker than Anna. Get what they were trying to do though.
The casting for Eddie is spot on, he makes your skin crawl just by looking at him. You just know he's an awful person.
---
Natalie Cassidy is on BBC 2

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
But doesnt that make Eddie less of a racist if he didn't kill that man because he was black but because he didn't want him to take George, albeit for Gloria's sake? I feel like they're diluting storylines again.
According to George he killed him while saying things like "you black -----"

Reactions: 13
Really good episode, fantastic acting from the older cast members. Gloria was very manipulative with Elaine, drawing on the fact that she was a mother, pulling at her heartstrings, saying she'd have done anything for her Georgie, it really drew Elaine in, and us, the audience, until the reveal. Not great acting from Gina and Anna and I didn't like that Anna made it about herself when she had been completely oblivious to what her sister had gone through. I know Anna is mixed but there was something very "white woman's tears" about it. However, I was impressed by how they portrayed colourism, I think it's very rarely explored in the UK.

As for Eddie murdering Henry Kofi Aware, it wasn't racially motivated because he had another reason for killing him than the colour of his skin but it was racially aggravated as they used racist slurs.

I hope I haven't said anything insensitive, I apologise if I have. Tell me if I have and I'll learn from it.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Thank you for mentioning Stephen Lawrence, im Irish and never heard of this case at all. It got me down a rabbit hole reading about him and the awful coverup by the police etc. Thankfully he finally got justice, however I feel the sentences were weak considering how callous the murderers were. Im not one for praising tabloids but the Daily Mail front page naming and photographing the suspected murderers at the time took a lot of balls. ‘If we’re wrong, sue us’. It seemed to have pushed the powers that be into reopening the case.

Reactions: 17
Isn't the subtext that baby farming was inherently racist? Systemic inequity drew students and professionals from the commonwealth so brain drain perpetuates the third world, but when people arrive here they're treated appallingly and their children are uprooted. Perhaps by an initially desperate woman yes, but farmed nonetheless.

Someone mentioned up thread why wouldn't the Knights just take in a white "illigimate" child a la Call The Midwife. The systemic separation of black families was what I thought about when Gina said people feel entitled to her body.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Eastenders really excels at these kind of episodes - they're so gritty, tense, and leave you glued to the screen the whole time despite there only being 2 characters in a scene for most of the episode. I've never seen any other soap pull it off successfully

• Heart
Reactions: 21
But doesnt that make Eddie less of a racist if he didn't kill that man because he was black but because he didn't want him to take George, albeit for Gloria's sake? I feel like they're diluting storylines again.
Considering he told his own son to “get your filthy hands off me” he’s definitely very racist.

Broke my heart, poor George!

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
My 11 year old son was watching tonight and he said 'i don't know why Anna is getting so upset her grandad is a murderer when her boyfriend killed her sister' ☠😂

• Haha
Reactions: 45
Brilliant episode tonight and a masterclass from the actors who play George, Eddie and Gloria. But as a couple of other people have mentioned whole I realise that Gloria was desperate for a baby there were an awful lot of white babies up for adoption during the time they took George on. Eddie in reality would never have taken on a black baby no matter how desperate his wife was. He would have talked her out of it and looked into finding a white child to adopt. It's obvious from how George described Eddie's friends that black people were ridiculed cruelly and no way would sinister Eddie want to be involved with taking care of a black child.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I did think when George looked up the victim online last night that it was going to turn out to be his dad but that episode was very gripping, fantastic acting as others have said from the parents and George, Eddie is revolting but so well played he’s very believable. I’m wondering if George will go up for the prosecution now as a witness, I can’t believe the two of them even approached him as a character witness knowing it was his dad!

Reactions: 16
@Livid2020 whats with the sick reaction? I’m curious.
I’d be the same as Gloria, ngl.
That was your response to 'You can see where why Gloria said to do anything, I’m not condoning murder at all, but she was desperate to keep her son and mothers will do anything for their kids (even murder)'

Which to me reads as though you'd be OK for something really bad to happen to someone totally innocent just to get your own (selfish) way.

'I'd do anything for this child that I love including killing his birth parents who entrusted us and paid us to look after him whilst they lived life being racially abused and taken advantage of in all walks of life because I'm a mother who loves their child's'.

As if being a 'loving' mother is a justification for murder. It's horrific to think its ok to kill an innocent man so you can keep his child that you were paid to temporarily look after - not only taking his life but depriving the baby of his parents and heritage.

WHAT THE ACTUAL F

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Thank you for mentioning Stephen Lawrence, im Irish and never heard of this case at all. It got me down a rabbit hole reading about him and the awful coverup by the police etc. Thankfully he finally got justice, however I feel the sentences were weak considering how callous the murderers were. Im not one for praising tabloids but the Daily Mail front page naming and photographing the suspected murderers at the time took a lot of balls. ‘If we’re wrong, sue us’. It seemed to have pushed the powers that be into reopening the case.
The family hasn’t got the justice they deserve. Only two of the scum that killed him have received prison sentences

The DCI that helped put them away was forced to retire before he could continue working on the case

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 17
Thought that was going to be his dad after seeing the photo but it was a good episode.

Reactions: 8
I’m confused that the reason Cindy hates George’s dad was because he beat a man (remember she had no idea he and his mates killed him).
This, from the woman who hired a hitman to kill the father of her children simply because she fancied running off with her affair partner.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
The family hasn’t got the justice they deserve. Only two of the scum that killed him have received prison sentences

The DCI that helped put them away was forced to retire before he could continue working on the case
History will show that it was Doreen who first brought mainstream media attention to the Met imo.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Yes Linda finally cracks tonight!
I knew she'd be the first.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
Aw poor George, I understand why he wants nothing to do with Gloria anymore as she wanted Eddie to get rid of him in someway. Can see him struggling and turning to Cindy soon. Dean and Jade are so pointless, glad that recording is gone hopefully they will follow suit too. Thought Denise would crack first, Johnny's got a big case of his hands now!

Just had to agree with everyone about yesterday's episode, incredibly powerful and moving. The scenes with Gina and Anna were well done, I thought. Gina had obviously been feeling this awareness about the difference in how they were treated and viewed by people for years. But I also felt for Anna when she said "I just like how it looks!" I guess the difference in the way the grandad treated them was especially difficult for Gina as it echoed their interactions with the wider world.
Amazing acting from Dalmon and Fairbanks too, I was weeping for George. He was still trying to comfort his dad after hearing all the horrific tit he'd done. 💔

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.