Eastenders #29 Denise's D is buried with Keanu, while Jack's burying his D in Stacey

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Not Jack easing his guilty conscience by buying tat from the market for Denise. I hope Kat knocks Priya out mouthy common little twit.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Not Jack easing his guilty conscience by buying tat from the market for Denise. I hope Kat knocks Priya out mouthy common little twit.
I would be fuming with tat from the market 😂. Isn’t Westfield Stratford down the road from Walford ?

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I would be fuming with tat from the market 😂. Isn’t Westfield Stratford down the road from Walford ?
I think you have to have special dispensation from the Pope to break through the Walford force field.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Just watched it. It's definitely one of the best episodes EE have ever written.

I just want to give George a hug 😢
You could see the heartbreak in his eyes when Eddie said ”get your filthy hands off me” 😭 phenomenal performance by Colin Salmon

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 40
You could see the heartbreak in his eyes when Eddie said ”get your filthy hands off me” 😭 phenomenal performance by Colin Salmon
Couldn't agree more. gives me goosebumps thinking about it.

They could use this episode to teach people about the nuances of racist behaviour. Having George, Anna and Gina all share their perspectives of life as a POC was fantastic.

I'm mixed, and I pass for white, although I'm more the Gina out of me and my sibling. I understood both their perspectives and it was heartbreaking that neither of them were wrong.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
very emotional epp for me and the fam not much to say tbh very sad and close to home
Colin was fab just wish the girls were better actors as its really important convos to have being mixed

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Tonight’s ep was very powerful ☹ these times weren’t even that long ago in history

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
Loved to tonight’s episode. Just focused on that storyline no other nonsense!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
But doesnt that make Eddie less of a racist if he didn't kill that man because he was black but because he didn't want him to take George, albeit for Gloria's sake? I feel like they're diluting storylines again.

Reactions: 11
I liked the episode overall, it was powerfully acted (by George and Eddie, Gina wasn't bad) but there are some parts of the storyline that are just a bit ehhhh.

At first I rolled my eyes at George being present and remembering the attack, but I got over that.

However, I feel like the storyline is a bit convoluted...

Eddie is definitely racist and happened to murder a black man, BUT not because of his race, because he didn't want to lose his black child.

Sure, I guess. Just feels like they're focusing on too many things at once, bit like a thriller book where you're sure things are going one way then they suddenly divert.

Suppose I hoped they'd focus on one thing.

I did like the dialogue between Gina and Anna though, didn't expect Eastenders to take it there!

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I liked the episode overall, it was powerfully acted (by George and Eddie, Gina wasn't bad) but there are some parts of the storyline that are just a bit ehhhh.

At first I rolled my eyes at George being present and remembering the attack, but I got over that.

Eddie is definitely racist and happened to murder a black man, BUT not because of his race, because he didn't want to lose his black child.

Sure, I guess. Just feels like they're focusing on too many things at once, bit like a thriller book where you're sure things are going one way then they suddenly divert.

I did like the dialogue between Gina and Anna though, didn't expect Eastenders to take it there!
Yes! You articulated what I was trying to say in my last comment far better 😅

• Heart
Reactions: 8
side note before i go have a lil cry (my boyf isn't even here hes working away but surprised me with Amsterdam last weekend for V day though.... Good BOY:love:)

the Gloria actress was amazing her lil voice crack WOW!!!!

Reactions: 9

I saw it as being more for Gloria than George, although Eddie obviously jumped at the chance of attacking/killing a black guy
---
@Miss.Chanandler.Bong Max has reappeared in the 2011 eps. Big man walks in to Tanya and Abi arguing shouts "enough" with his hands to his waist to assert his dominance. 😍

(Waiting for the incoming hate. 😭🤣)
I just watched this and now I can't stop laughing 😂😂

Still would tho

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 4
But doesnt that make Eddie less of a racist if he didn't kill that man because he was black but because he didn't want him to take George, albeit for Gloria's sake? I feel like they're diluting storylines again.
Yeah, I fear this is what some people might take away from it because they only recognise Big Racism and not the smaller things. Some people genuinely think as long as you're not out attacking people and shouting slurs then everything else is fine.

Also duck Gloria! Race element aside, she let her husband kill a man who only wanted his son back 😪 I'm sure it was painful for her but it's not okay!

I saw it as being more for Gloria than George, although Eddie obviously jumped at the chance of attacking/killing a black guy
Agreed, see above 😆 just thinking of some of the ways the situation can be read.

Reactions: 11
Yeah, I fear this is what some people might take away from it because they only recognise Big Racism and not the smaller things. Some people genuinely think as long as you're not out attacking people and shouting slurs then everything else is fine.

Also duck Gloria! Race element aside, she let her husband kill a man who only wanted his son back 😪 I'm sure it was painful for her but it's not okay!

Agreed, see above 😆 just thinking of some of the ways the situation can be read.
Yeah Eddie is obviously still a racist but it feels like the big reveal of 'look how racist he really is' that they were going for has been swapped for a different kind of twist.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.