Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

milkandhuni

What’s Ian on about the pictures in the beginning of today’s ep? Cindy’s mum died and Gina sent pics? Pls explain

Reactions: 4

lozza96

VIP Member
Are they geering up to a kathy and Phil reunion seems to be a lot of scenes with them lately

• Wow

AdApathy

VIP Member
I forgot in my half asleep state that it wasn't on tonight but went to iplayer anyway and it was there. Got to miss out tomorrow though 😔
Maybe they'll put Thursday's ep on tomorrow. The pic on Instagram said Mon-Thurs for iplayer

• Heart

Cady1954

VIP Member
I’m a recovering alcoholic, please keep Linda falling off the wagon / drunk the entire time as it’s entertaining….

Oops… I mean… Yes, IRL people who cared about her might be doing more to help her, but also there’s a point where friends / family members have had enough. A person has to themselves, want to change, and not just temporarily, or they won’t.

Rehab or AA or therapy often aren’t fixes either. A person goes into rehab, stays sober during its regimented structure perhaps, then gets out and drinks again once back in real life with its stresses and triggers. In my experience, AA doesn’t turn anything around either, but simply provides a supportive space for a person who already really does want to change. It doesn’t prompt the change. I have had to decide for me.

Also, though, legitimately, Linda drunk scenes remind me not to drink. Some of it is relatable. I mean not stabbing Keanu to death or my child on a roof, but when Linda has been losing patches of time and forgetting what had happened and it feels like a time jump, that was scarily accurate.

On another note, I see a lot of Twitter is upset about Max Bowden leaving. He’s never really seemed like Ben to me though, and the character is quintessentially recastable, I don’t see it being difficult to replace him. I also don’t think the show has known what to do with Ben for a while and perhaps he does need a break.
Replace him with someone like this maybe?....

Attachments

• Haha

LouBug19

VIP Member
Yes I just saw those spoilers but how would George not know that his old man is up on a murder charge? And why isn't he in custody?
George visits his parents house next week and one of Eddie's friends mentions court so he finds out then. Surely he would be on remand for a murder too? Doesn't make sense.

• Wow

AdApathy

VIP Member
Yes I know mothers would do anything to keep their kids but she allowed her husband to murder an innocent man which is shockingly awful and makes her nearly as guilty as him.
It's a bit like Mary Alice in Desperate Housewives, only with racism

Reactions: 3
Perhaps the worst example is Ben and Lola having a baby together and everyone forgetting they’re cousins.

I really liked the drama around Roxy and Sean. The Christmas where he found out about Amy’s paternity was one of my favourite misery laden festive episodes.
I liked that start of that Christmas episode when he was getting the whole square singing Stop The Calvary with a live band and then grumpy Archie ruined their fun

onlooker101

This is actually a great theory. I’m going to agree and pretend it was my idea when I discuss with people in real life 😇
Thanks for having faith in me….although is this a bad time to tell you I was wayyyy off with my dead body day theories 🤣

But I am more convinced with this one!

• Haha

Anon321

I stopped watching EE for a long time but my husband watches it so now I’m hooked again - can someone explain who’s pennys mum and the whole Jack ronnie Roxy Archie family tree? It’s so fascinating 😬

• Haha

hollymoox

Okay I'm pissed on two glasses of wine bit whats Johnny's game? Is he in cahoots with Janine? No-one will convince me he has Linda's best interests at heart. I believe Denise when she says he's the Devil! I'm off to bed now xx
I’ve been saying this IRL that I think Johnny is up to no good, maybe he blames her for what happened to his dad and his out for revenge

• Wow
Even as a child I couldn't stand Danny and tbh I'm not a fan of Jake either! Sharon's screaming goes right through me every time I watch the scene where Dennis dies. 😭😭
Me too. I can never find it but there’s a scene I love between Phil and Sharon I think after Dennis. She won’t talk to anyone or get out of bed. He comes into her room and she silently reaches out for his arm because she just wants him to be close 🥲

• Heart