Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

LittleMy

VIP Member
Linda has always dressed feminine but it used to be bit more grown up and sexy.

Now they really overdo it with the pink and the ruffles. It's all very Baby Jane. I guess that kind of fits with her breakdown though lol
She looks lovely with her hair down, I hate that bun 😂 🙈

Reactions: 30

onlooker101

Just watched tonight’s, wow Diane Parish (Denise) needs some sort of serious recognition for her acting! She’s been outstanding!

Reactions: 29

Eirawen

VIP Member
I‘ve seen a close family member go through psychosis, and the portrayal by Diane Parrish is giving me shivers. She is really knocking it out of the park.
I think Stacey is the biggest bitch going for acting like Denise’s friend, while shagging her husband. She knows more than anyone what Denise is going through and why. Yet she sits there next to Jack, making a half hearted attempt to finish with him, while at the same time saying ‘This isn’t what I want’. And talks about rebuilding trust in a marriage. What, like she did with Martin after shagging Max? She is so selfish
I am really disliking Stacey and I think Diane Parrish must have researched this type of psychosis before taking the role on as she is so believable its a fine line between getting it right and being ridiculous and she has nailed it. It would be great if she got some decent acting work out of this.

• Heart

LouBug19

VIP Member
wow, tonight's was amazing! Gina showed a different side which was nice to see. I hate how Eddie and Gloria keep using the word "coloured" i know its to show their age maybe but it's horrible. Eddie saying "keep your filthy hands of me" made me gasp, was so disgusting and i felt for George.

• Heart
  • Wow

PamDoove

My kids are watching a cartoon called Clarence and one of the character bears a striking resemblance to Johnny 3.0 😂
0635D6A1-E885-4989-B036-BCC342753961.jpeg

• Haha
Lost count of how many times my heart broke for George during todays episode. I’m actually quite fond of The Knights (ignoring the Gina/Dean shit now because idk why they did that) I think they’ve slotted in really well and the scenes they’ve delivered during this storyline have been incredible.

Whoever casted Eddie needs one hell of a pat on the back because I cannot bare a single second that he’s on screen!!

• Heart

Lizzie Mintdrop

VIP Member
Really good episode, fantastic acting from the older cast members. Gloria was very manipulative with Elaine, drawing on the fact that she was a mother, pulling at her heartstrings, saying she'd have done anything for her Georgie, it really drew Elaine in, and us, the audience, until the reveal. Not great acting from Gina and Anna and I didn't like that Anna made it about herself when she had been completely oblivious to what her sister had gone through. I know Anna is mixed but there was something very "white woman's tears" about it. However, I was impressed by how they portrayed colourism, I think it's very rarely explored in the UK.

As for Eddie murdering Henry Kofi Aware, it wasn't racially motivated because he had another reason for killing him than the colour of his skin but it was racially aggravated as they used racist slurs.

I hope I haven't said anything insensitive, I apologise if I have. Tell me if I have and I'll learn from it.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Stopping your adoptive child getting to know their roots and their birth family when they’re old enough is selfish imo. He had a right to get to know his dad whether she liked it or not.
Chances are George would have got to know his dad but not forgot the people that raised him

Beverley Macker

VIP Member
Hasn’t Yolanda mentioned to Patrick or Kim that Denise has gone batshit insane? Seems like the sort of thing that might come up 😂

• Haha

TrolleyParton

Chatty Member
How is Yolande's pastor mate creepier than Lucas, an actual serial killer though? He gives me proper heebies.

• Haha
Reactions: 27

Beverley Macker

VIP Member
I just walked past Elaine in the street! She must’ve been filming (maybe overnight?) as she was in full make up.
Or, the actress could just like Elaine’s make up style I guess.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 27