Eastenders #19 Charli XYZ is already taller than Vinny Panesar

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I am sure they could have brought things forward a few weeks so filming is done and whoever could do pantomime/Strictly, but I don't know how it all works behind the scenes. I think eventually they will have to relax some rules around other appearances, promos etc because the BBC needs to control the wages so allowing the cast to earn extra will be a compromise to keep them on the show.
Exactly. I don't expect the show to bend over backwards to cast because nobody is bigger than the show. However because there are loads of things the cast can't do despite ridiculously long hours learning loads of lines, I would say a little give and take wouldn't go amiss when it comes to Panto.

Reactions: 8
Surely they could work around a Panto and a script? Seems like a lose/lose situation for both parties to deny it?

I like Rocky but I won't be crying into my Lucky Charms.

A few other characters and I might be singing a different tune.

You're right; no one is bigger than the show.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Not if its just for 5 minutes though. It annoys me when characters keep popping in and out. Either you want to be in it or you don't!! 😅
I read that he does it cause he loves Eastenders and is grateful to them. Obviously he lives in LA, so when he's over this way visiting or whatever he calls the powers that be, and they write him in a couple scenes. I like it, it's very plausible that a family member comes, visits, goes.

Reactions: 18
It seems a bit sly that they’re happy to accommodate actors doing strictly every year because it’s a BBC show but not panto. I can understand why he would be peeved
It's definitely a balance, obviously in the BBC's interest to accomodate Strictly. But then actors want to get the big money for panto.

But EE is a full time job, on more money than an average person, they aren't obliged to let somebody have time off to do Panto, of their contract doesn't allow for it or whatever. I don't know exactly how long Panto takes for an actor with rehearsals etc. Let's say two months, does the actor give up two months wages because they aren't doing their job in that time? If they don't lose their wages for the time they aren't working on EE, the BBC has every right to refuse to allow it.

Steve McFadden has been there long enough that he would've had the power in negotiations to say, he wants a panto break in his schedule.

Brian Conley, only been there five minutes probably didn't have that in his contract.

Reactions: 5
It's definitely a balance, obviously in the BBC's interest to accomodate Strictly. But then actors want to get the big money for panto.

But EE is a full time job, on more money than an average person, they aren't obliged to let somebody have time off to do Panto, of their contract doesn't allow for it or whatever. I don't know exactly how long Panto takes for an actor with rehearsals etc. Let's say two months, does the actor give up two months wages because they aren't doing their job in that time? If they don't lose their wages for the time they aren't working on EE, the BBC has every right to refuse to allow it.

Steve McFadden has been there long enough that he would've had the power in negotiations to say, he wants a panto break in his schedule.

Brian Conley, only been there five minutes probably didn't have that in his contract.
The actors aren't employed by the BBC. Actors are self employed and sign contracts to appear for a period of time e.g. a year. When the contract runs out it's renegotiated with them and their agent. The BBC won't be paying Steve McFadden when he's onstage somewhere else. They obviously allow him breaks in his contract because he's an integral part of the show.

I don't have any problem with cast members doing Strictly, pantomime or other shows if they want to. The writers just have to come up with plausible reasons why they're not on screen which they're not always good at.

Reactions: 6
One question I have after this week - why did Ravi keep that footage?? That seems so bleeping stupid.

Reactions: 14
Good question!
I also want to know how Denise smuggled that laptop out and into her own house without being noticed.
And did she really think he was going to leave any trace of it in her house after he smashed it up!

• Haha
Reactions: 13
One question I have after this week - why did Ravi keep that footage?? That seems so bleeping stupid.
Ravi edited the footage which he then copied onto a memory stick and that made it look like Suki was guilty.

The original footage with the whole event was captured on Suki's laptop and Ravi deleted the file. He obviously didn't realise that a teenager like Nugget would be able to reinstate the deleted original recording.

Reactions: 3
Ravi edited the footage which he then copied onto a memory stick and that made it look like Suki was guilty.

The original footage with the whole event was captured on Suki's laptop and Ravi deleted the file. He obviously didn't realise that a teenager like Nugget would be able to reinstate the deleted original recording.
It was Ricky who found it

Reactions: 7
Although if Ravi thought the video was deleted why was he in such a panic that Nugget had his laptop in the first place and again when the laptop disappeared from his house?

Was he worried about that video being discovered or his other dodgy dealings?

Reactions: 7
I just knew Theo would appear when Stacey went out to the bin.

I think the part is well written and is well played by him. He kept wittering on about the bins, as though he actually sees nothing wrong with what he is doing. It's chilling.

Reactions: 19
The article makes it seem like the Panto issue was just this year due to filming for the 40th anniversary?

I think they could have reached a compromise if they wanted too.

A spokeswoman added: “EastEnders cast take part in panto every year, but as we lead up to our milestone 40th anniversary, all cast members have been asked to be involved for storyline purposes.

Reactions: 5
The article makes it seem like the Panto issue was just this year due to filming for the 40th anniversary?

I think they could have reached a compromise if they wanted too.
No it would be next year. The 40th anniversary is Feb 2025 so filming for it would be around late 2024, next year’s panto season

If Keanu is the body at Christmas I will be sobbing into my biscuit selection box, I need my eye candy to remain alive!!!! 😮💨

Reactions: 2

I think the part is well written and is well played by him. He kept wittering on about the bins, as though he actually sees nothing wrong with what he is doing. It's chilling.
Stacey should have posted that sack of dirty nappies through his letterbox 😃

• Haha
Reactions: 6

His line about it being good to know which bin this week felt so creepy

You reminded me of Graham the time he r*ped Little Mo in the vic. He just started rambling on afterwards as if nothing untoward had happened. Can’t remember exactly what he said but I remember thinking god he’s not right in the head!

Reactions: 4
If Keanu is the body at Christmas I will be sobbing into my biscuit selection box, I need my eye candy to remain alive!!!! 😮💨
I’d be ok with it - he’s turned into such a fool.

It has made me lolz though that Phil is essentially a social worker now due to his one night stand 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.